Author Topic: bettermost's weather station  (Read 26536 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: bettermost's weather station
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 11:43:32 pm »
it was a sunny beautiful day here in Cowtown, got back from our little adventure at the sci-fi con in Dallas and went directly to the park to jog : shorts,
tshirts and lots of dandelions blooming everywhere. it may have gotten up to 72 or so.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 10:39:10 pm »
today I went to jog again in the park, it was sunny and in the low 80's. tonight a cool front will push thru and the temps drop down below freezing tomorrow night.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2008, 11:46:11 pm »
the cold weather returned, it will freeze tonight. I did jog in the park today, but the wind really was cold and I am tired after the run.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 03:12:16 am »
wow.  you sure like to jog huh?  today was rainy here.  we're getting a rain storm comin' thru in the next couple days.  it's gonna suck.  it usually rains here though, so i'm used to it.  temp is about 8 degrees.....or i guess high40' low 50's for you.
no sun anytime soon. :(

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 10:14:30 am »
Here in Seattle it's been highs in the low-mid 50's F (11C) and nightly low 40's F (5C).  It seems most mornings start out cloudy and then the sun shines the rest of the day.  I had a beautiful view of Mt. Rainier the other morning on my drive to work - the sun was behind it making it all orange and pink and glowy.

I actually have a terrific commute...in the morning it's first a view of the Olympics if it's clear, then Puget sound to my right, followed by Rainier on days he shows himself.  In the evenings it's the Seattle skyline ahead and to my right.  I'm discounting the ugly warehouses, etc. associated with an active seaport, of course.   ::)

There have been a couple of days of actual rain in the last 6! weeks, but I think the 'It rains all the time in Seattle' is a myth to keep people away.  Mostly it's damp or misty during part of the day.  And it's important to wear layers so you can shed them as the day goes on.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 12:46:17 am »
wow.  you sure like to jog huh?  today was rainy here.  we're getting a rain storm comin' thru in the next couple days.  it's gonna suck.  it usually rains here though, so i'm used to it.  temp is about 8 degrees.....or i guess high40' low 50's for you.
no sun anytime soon. :(

yep, a trip to the health club and a jog/walk in the park are necessary for a man my age!

beautiful weather here today, bright sunshine, southerly breezes  and in the 60's alone the jogging trails.

when it rains I don't jog, so I take advantage of the sunshine when it shines.

injest

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 12:48:24 am »
Shhhhhhhh, Brokeplex!!

people in Canada dont like to hear that stuff... ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

(I almost had to put on a jacket today...brrrr)

:laugh:

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 01:50:49 am »
well, it gets hot as hell here in July! and I have to head up to the Bitter Roots in Montana to stay alive. maybe that makes 'em fell better, hunh?

injest

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 01:56:20 am »
well, it gets hot as hell here in July! and I have to head up to the Bitter Roots in Montana to stay alive. maybe that makes 'em fell better, hunh?

I thought the same thing...we dont' get that many days like this...let us enjoy it!

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 03:00:48 am »
Shhhhhhhh, Brokeplex!!

people in Canada dont like to hear that stuff... ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

(I almost had to put on a jacket today...brrrr)

:laugh:

yes, us folks up here in canada don't like to here that stuff eh!

lol
keep your hot weather problems to yourself!!!!!  lol ;)