Author Topic: POLL: Heath Charity Donation  (Read 30663 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
POLL: Heath Charity Donation
« on: February 20, 2008, 02:24:32 pm »
Friends, as per Elle's suggestion, I have narrowed down our choices to the five organizations that received ten or more votes in the original poll.

Please place your vote within the next week.

Go here to review the information about the charities listed in the poll.

Thanks!  8)

Donations at present total $1,086.34.

To increase your donation or to make a new donation, go here for instructions on how to donate.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 10:12:30 am by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: NEW POLL: Heath Charity Donation (Vote for 2)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 02:30:13 pm »
Thanks High Priestess!  I selected Variety and Matthew Shephard.

Great job with this project Friend!  :-*

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 02:35:43 pm »
Thanks Meryl.

I cast my vote and chose Variety and ALAFA.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:21:39 pm »
Hi Meryl
ALAFA got my vote. I'd prefer to support them but if it will be something else it's fine with me. I really think that it is a wonderful thing, us coming together from around the world  helping eachother through difficult times and doing something meaningful to honor this actor that we admired so much. And still admire.....

I also want to thank you Meryl for this wonderful job you've done  :-*

If there is a need for money to flowers for Heaths birthday, please get in contactwith me. I so want to be a part of this.

Greetings to all of you involved in this  ;)

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 03:41:45 pm »
David Wirrpanda Foundation, and Matthew Shepard for me.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 04:33:56 pm »
All of them are good, but my votes go to Variety and especially to the David Wirrpanda Foundation, because I really think that 'going local' is often overlooked.

Also, Variety is a charity supported by Jake Gyllenhaal too. It makes it a little bit more special..  ;)

j. U. d. E.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:42:49 pm by j. U. d. E. »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 06:47:32 pm »
I voted only for the David Wirrpanda Foundation because Heath supported it during his lifetime, because it has offices in Perth, Australia, Heath's birthplace, and,  as silly as it may sound, because David Wirrpanda took the time to attend Heath's memorial service in Perth.  Heath loved Australia; it was his real home, not SoHo, Brooklyn, or L.A.  And I can't help feeling that if Heath had spent more time in Perth, things might have turned out differently for him.

I don't know if we are planning to notify his family of our donation, but if we are, I feel it would be more meaningful to them if a donation was made to a charity they are familiar with.  (And a Perth-based charity would know how to notify his family.)

That said, all of the charities listed are for worthwhile causes, and any of the others would make a fine choice, too.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 08:10:37 pm »
I voted only for the David Wirrpanda Foundation because Heath supported it during his lifetime, because it has offices in Perth, Australia, Heath's birthplace, and,  as silly as it may sound, because David Wirrpanda took the time to attend Heath's memorial service in Perth.  Heath loved Australia; it was his real home, not SoHo, Brooklyn, or L.A.  And I can't help feeling that if Heath had spent more time in Perth, things might have turned out differently for him.

I don't know if we are planning to notify his family of our donation, but if we are, I feel it would be more meaningful to them if a donation was made to a charity they are familiar with.  (And a Perth-based charity would know how to notify his family.)

That said, all of the charities listed are for worthwhile causes, and any of the others would make a fine choice, too.

Very well put, Fran....

I voted for Variety and David Wirrapanda but if it comes to choosing one (which I would support) David W. would get my vote.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 09:33:54 pm »
Heya,

All of them are good, but my votes go to Variety and especially to the David Wirrpanda Foundation, because I really think that 'going local' is often overlooked.

Also, Variety is a charity supported by Jake Gyllenhaal too. It makes it a little bit more special..  ;)

j. U. d. E.

I like your points here Bud.  And, while I voted for Variety and Matthew Shephard... I'd certainly feel good about the David Wirrpanda Foundation too.

Just as a refresher... am I correct in remembering that Heath officially supported the first three charities on the list (Variety, LIFEbeat, and ALAFA)... and that Variety is the charity for which the BBM shirts were auctioned?   I was under the assumption that those BBM shirts were the reasons why both Heath and Jake were active with the Variety charity... but maybe I'm wrong in thinking this.

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 01:59:21 am »

I was going to vote for another charity on our short list, but after reading what Fran wrote, I am now voting for the David Wirrpanda Foundation, for the reasons that Fran gave.  Heath, although living in NYC, was an Aussie and this is a Perth Aussie charity.  I forgot, how do we know heath supported it?

I encourage others to state their reasons for their vote.  This exchange of ideas will help us all make a good collective decision.  I still think it should be one donation to one charity, since it is not a huge (but is a substantial) donation and it would mean more the the recipient, IMHO, if if were to go to one charity.

Pete 
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 02:51:10 am »
Ah, my persuasive friends.  I agree with Pete.  Please post your reasoning for where you want to donate.  I haven't voted yet, waiting to read what develops.

I did, however, just write to the director of the Wirrpanda Foundation, explaining that we are in the process of deciding, and asking her to please tell me about Heath's involvement with it.  I'll report when I hear from her.  I guess there is a good chance she's at the office, since I'm about to go to bed.  :)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 03:02:25 am »
Well  Fran and Pete, you've given me something to think about. I'm going to wait untill you hear from the Wirrpanda Foundation Elle. It will be interesting to hear about Heath's involvement.
I'm not for 'doing things in Perth' because I feel his family have indicated (strongly, in my opinion) that they want to be left in peace. But donating money to a local charity is certainly a good idea, especially if it's a charity that Heath supported.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 10:01:39 am »
Heya,

I like your points here Bud.  And, while I voted for Variety and Matthew Shephard... I'd certainly feel good about the David Wirrpanda Foundation too.

Just as a refresher... am I correct in remembering that Heath officially supported the first three charities on the list (Variety, LIFEbeat, and ALAFA)... and that Variety is the charity for which the BBM shirts were auctioned?   I was under the assumption that those BBM shirts were the reasons why both Heath and Jake were active with the Variety charity... but maybe I'm wrong in thinking this.

Yes, about the three charities. That was the info I originally found.

And, yes, about the shirts and Variety.

The third part (Heath and Jake's involvement) may be an assumption. It certainly makes sense but I don't know that I have seen that documented anywhere.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Fran

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 01:24:51 pm »
I was going to vote for another charity on our short list, but after reading what Fran wrote, I am now voting for the David Wirrpanda Foundation, for the reasons that Fran gave.  Heath, although living in NYC, was an Aussie and this is a Perth Aussie charity.  I forgot, how do we know heath supported it?

I encourage others to state their reasons for their vote.  This exchange of ideas will help us all make a good collective decision.  I still think it should be one donation to one charity, since it is not a huge (but is a substantial) donation and it would mean more the the recipient, IMHO, if if were to go to one charity.

Pete 

Pete,

Here's a reposting of my post (reply #28) on the original poll thread which includes an excerpt from an article which mentions Heath's name in connection with the David Wirrpanda Foundation.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Mikaela originally suggested an Aboriginal charity.  Well, according to the following article in The Age by Martin Flanagan (http://www.theage.com.au/news/opinion/ledger-another-great-who-died-too-young/2008/01/24/1201157560500.html)  Heath supported the David Wirrpanda Foundation.  (A check of the foundation's website lists Heath as one of its three ambassadors.)  David Wirrpanda was present at the memorial service in Perth.  He's an Australian football star.

Ledger another great who died too young

Martin Flanagan
January 25, 2008
WHEN I recently interviewed the American journalist Lewis Lapham, he asked me a question — why is it that the good American actors nowadays are Australian?

I guessed that maybe it was because we were less sophisticated. Like frontier types, we were closer to our primary feelings and emotions. Around the same time, I interviewed the West Coast Eagles footballer David Wirrpanda, an emerging leader in the Aboriginal community. Heath Ledger, who grew up in Perth, was an Eagles' fan, and an ambassador for the David Wirrpanda Foundation, which seeks to assist indigenous kids.

Wirrpanda, who is friends with the Ledger family, yesterday described the actor as "an easygoing, loveable character".

Wirrpanda said that what particularly interested him about Heath Ledger was his spirituality, the fact that he maintained such private aims for his public achievements.

Wirrpanda's view is consistent with the testimony of those who knew Ledger and have spoken since his death.

Here's some information about the foundation from its website:

The David Wirrpanda foundation exists to IMPROVE THE LIFE OUTCOMES OF INDIGENOUS CHILDREN by Promoting strong role models and healthy life choices. 2005 saw the launch of the David Wirrpanda Foundation through the support of Woodside Energy Ltd as founding sponsor.

The focus is to:

-- Increase the retention of indigenous students in school, and
-- Improve their life choices after leaving school by encouraging further study or entry into the workforce.

Since commencing operations in 2005, the Foundation has established successful programs in Perth and the Shire of Roebourne School attendance and behaviour has improved.

Mentoring by West Coast Eagles footballer David Wirrpanda, Troy Cook, Bianca Franklin and other indigenous role models are an important part of the Foundation’s work.

The foundation has established strong links with the communities in which it operates as well as obtaining funding from sponsors and government sources.

Major sponsors of the Foundation include founding sponsor Woodside Energy, Rio Tinto, Pilbara Development Commission, the West Coast Eagles Supporter’s Club, Lotterywest and Commonwealth Grants.

The Foundation now plans to build on these successes by expanding its operations in Perth and the Pilbara.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 02:47:17 pm »
I like Fran voted for more local to heath charities, and since we all came together because of BBM, matthew Shepard but if i had to pick one it would be the Wireperria one - becasue we also know that Heath had an ACTIVE involvement with it - Varierty etc, he could have just sent something to be nice but not actually been that involved.

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

Offline Fran

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 05:35:58 pm »
I did, however, just write to the director of the Wirrpanda Foundation, explaining that we are in the process of deciding, and asking her to please tell me about Heath's involvement with it.  I'll report when I hear from her.  I guess there is a good chance she's at the office, since I'm about to go to bed.  :)

Great idea, Clarissa.  Hopefully, you will get a response to your e-mail inquiry soon.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 11:15:23 pm »
I voted for the 2 AIDS related charities... there is some personal significance to me, and Heath supported them...  I didn't vote for the Variety one, because honestly, the description didn't sound very earnest to me...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 02:25:26 am »
I voted for the David Wirrpanda Foundation and ALAFA, but have to confess I mixed up something when I voted for ALAFA.
I thought I remember to have read Heath' planned Africa trip had been in support of ALAFA, but that's wrong. It would have been in support of an (unnamed) enviromental group, according to the looktothestars website.
But that's ok. I think all of the choices are good ones.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 03:43:36 am »
Thanks again, Meryl...Money is on its way tomorrow morning.  I voted for the aboriginal children's charity.  I agree with Pete that one donation would mean more to a single charity than spreading it across two.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 06:17:41 am »
Great idea, Clarissa.  Hopefully, you will get a response to your e-mail inquiry soon.

Nothing so far.  But I didn't remember about the info you just posted when I wrote to them.  Maybe they won't tell me anything more than that.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 10:07:05 am »
I voted for the David Wirrpanda Foundation and ALAFA, but have to confess I mixed up something when I voted for ALAFA.
I thought I remember to have read Heath' planned Africa trip had been in support of ALAFA, but that's wrong. It would have been in support of an (unnamed) enviromental group, according to the looktothestars website.
But that's ok. I think all of the choices are good ones.

Chrissi, you can still change your vote.  I thought I'd enabled that option, but I hadn't, so I just did.  Anyone can change their vote up til the time we decide to make the decision.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline roryennis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 10:22:37 pm »
I voted for ALAFA and David Wirrpanda Foundation
Jack Twist.
Ennis
Your folks just stopped at Ennis?
Del Mar
Nice to know ya Ennis Del Mar.

And so with that introduction Jack and Ennis are forever bound together like Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet.

Offline roryennis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 12:16:24 am »

If there is a need for money to flowers for Heaths birthday, please get in contactwith me. I so want to be a part of this.

Greetings to all of you involved in this  ;)

Berit

Is this still being done? If it is I would like to contribute.
Jack Twist.
Ennis
Your folks just stopped at Ennis?
Del Mar
Nice to know ya Ennis Del Mar.

And so with that introduction Jack and Ennis are forever bound together like Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet.

mvansand76

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 09:24:17 am »
Variety - The Children's Charity
and ALAFA...

Offline mouk

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 03:55:58 pm »
Like Penthesilea I voted Wirrpanda and ALAFA.

I like the idea that just as 'Jack always liked a little dog', Heath had a thought for the very most underpriviledged...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 03:58:05 pm »

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 04:21:33 pm »
I voted for the David Wirrpanda Foundation because that seems like the charity in which Heath was the most actively involved. I also like that it is a local charity and that David Wirrpanda knows Heath's family.

I am just voting for one charity because I also believe that one donation will have more of an impact.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 04:42:25 pm »
I voted for the David Wirrpanda Foundation because that seems like the charity in which Heath was the most actively involved. I also like that it is a local charity and that David Wirrpanda knows Heath's family.

I am just voting for one charity because I also believe that one donation will have more of an impact.

i changed my vote to this charity for the reasons you mentioned.

Offline mouk

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »

I voted for two, but I agree that one donation would have more impact, especially as the amount donate is good, but not huge

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2008, 03:10:29 am »
I still have not heard back from the Wirrpanda Foundation director.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 10:49:20 am »
I still have not heard back from the Wirrpanda Foundation director.

It really would be nice to get a sense of how they respond and how they describe their program.  The manner in which they respond to you might be an interesting way to get a sense of that charity and how they're run.

Offline Fran

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 11:13:54 am »
It sure would be nice if Clarissa got a reply to her e-mail from the David Wirrpanda Foundation....

In the meantime, here's a recent article on David Wirrpanda that mentions the foundation:

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/an-eagle-aiming-high/2008/01/06/1199554487643.html

I'm surprised that he's only 28 years old.  Somehow I got the impression he was older.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 11:29:12 am »
It sure would be nice if Clarissa got a reply to her e-mail from the David Wirrpanda Foundation....

In the meantime, here's a recent article on David Wirrpanda that mentions the foundation:

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/an-eagle-aiming-high/2008/01/06/1199554487643.html

I'm surprised that he's only 28 years old.  Somehow I got the impression he was older.
Thank you for the article! I will read it when I'm home. He's 28? That's Heath's age....

I am looking forward too, to a reply by the foundation. Would be awesome to know what/how they reply.

j. U. d. E.

Offline mouk

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2008, 11:36:59 am »
Thanks Fran, that's a very interesting article giving good insights on Wirrpanda's background.

As for the lack of answer so far, it may well be due to realities in the field. The Foundation may not have much staff (only a manager for Perth and one for Pilbarra are mentioned on the website, in addition to 3 Role Models, one of who being David, who probably don't spend much time, if any, on admin duties). The staff/volunteers are probably so busy with the daily running of things that letters/messages of seemingly non urgent nature tend to be put on the side... then go astray and get forgotten.

If one of our Aussie friends found an opportunity to give them a phone call, they might stand a better chance to get to know more about the Foundation.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2008, 12:10:27 pm »
As for the lack of answer so far, it may well be due to realities in the field. The Foundation may not have much staff (only a manager for Perth and one for Pilbarra are mentioned on the website, in addition to 3 Role Models, one of who being David, who probably don't spend much time, if any, on admin duties). The staff/volunteers are probably so busy with the daily running of things that letters/messages of seemingly non urgent nature tend to be put on the side... then go astray and get forgotten.

I would think/hope that an inquiry about making a donation would be considered important business by a small/local charity.  It's pretty fundamental fundraising strategy to treat potential donors well and to reply to their offers and questions.

Their responsiveness to questions does seem to be an indicator (of some kind) about the charity.  And, I do think questions should be answered before a donation is made (in the case of any charity inquiries about how money is spent, etc. should be addressed on a basic level before donations are made... I think a lot of charities would expect this kind of correspondence as part of normal business practice).

Offline mouk

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2008, 12:27:29 pm »
Responsiveness may or may not be an indicator of the quality of an NGO/Foundation. I have seen NGOs doing the most excellent job in the field and using their money in the most effective way but being much less efficient with their administration because they were using their resources fully to get things done. Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that's right, and I am not saying that not answering is necessarily a good sign! But a donation of the size of ours, although it would probably be very welcome, may not be big enough to mobilise forces that are needed immediately by some kid with an urgent problem. I am not sure I am making my point very well here.

On the other hand I have seen NGOs so busy accumulating donations that work in the field was not done as well as it could, and donations were used to do marketing for more donations rather than for actual work.

Which does not mean that questions should not be answered, of course they should. All I wanted to say is, perhaps let's give them another chance by facilitating the answering process with a phone call.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008, 12:36:38 pm »
Which does not mean that questions should not be answered, of course they should. All I wanted to say is, perhaps let's give them another chance by facilitating the answering process with a phone call.

Oh yes.  I completely agree with this.  I certainly think they should be given some time to reply and a phone call is good idea too.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 11:24:36 am »
Any news on this project lately?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2008, 12:41:23 am »
Any news on this project lately?

A)  Do we know where we would send birthday flowers for Heath?  If so, I would suggest that Peachy use the memorial flower money for birthday flowers.

B)  I would like to feel clearer about whether we want to send all the remaining funds collected to the charity with the most votes, or do some sort of split between the top two charities?  I am inclined to be persuaded by Pete and others that more money to one may be the way to go, but maybe we should take a poll on just that - whether to send the money to a) one charity, or b) two charities.

As I type this it's 19 for the Wirrpanda Foundation and 15 for the Matthew Shepard Foundation. 

C)  Heath's birthday is April 4th, less than a month away.  I think it would be good to have made the decisions and made the donation(s) by then, in honor of his birthday.

What do you all think of my little A), B), and C) points?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2008, 12:53:44 am »

A)  Do we know where we would send birthday flowers for Heath?  If so, I would suggest that Peachy use the memorial flower money for birthday flowers.

B)  I would like to feel clearer about whether we want to send all the remaining funds collected to the charity with the most votes, or do some sort of split between the top two charities?  I am inclined to be persuaded by Pete and others that more money to one may be the way to go, but maybe we should take a poll on just that - whether to send the money to a) one charity, or b) two charities.

As I type this it's 19 for the Wirrpanda Foundation and 15 for the Matthew Shepard Foundation. 

C)  Heath's birthday is April 4th, less than a month away.  I think it would be good to have made the decisions and made the donation(s) by then, in honor of his birthday.

Heya Elle!

From my perspective...

A) I think the idea of sending flowers to the cemetery is nice idea and I would fully support it.  However, I think sending them to his family (or some such similar gesture... if that's the idea here) might come across as odd.  Or might re-open some grief-related wounds for the family.  But, that's just my own personal feeling on the flower idea.

B) I like the idea of sending a donation to one charity.

C) I think his birthday is a great marker to use for this project in terms of timing.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2008, 07:10:48 am »
i would be happy to send to 2 charitys but no more.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2008, 10:46:17 am »

a) I agree with amanda.
b) another poll is fine, but i'm fine with just one charity... it seems only one person voted in the above poll to split the donation.  people can [obviously] feel free to donate on their own if their choice didn't get chosen.
c) yes, it seems good to have the donation done by Heath's birthday.

my 2 cents...
 :)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2008, 11:08:02 am »
A) I like the idea of floating flowers at Cottlesloe Beach better than the cemetary thing.

B) I would prefer one charity.

C) Yes, in time for Heath's birthday.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2008, 01:26:03 pm »
A) I like both ideas, flowers to the cementary as well as floating them on Cottlesoe Beach. Whatever is easier to realize.

B) Again, I'm ok with both possibilities, to give it all to one charitiy or to two. But I'd say not more than two.

C) Agreed with everybody so far. Hopefully we'll get this done before his birthday.

Offline Fran

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2008, 01:46:45 pm »
A)  Birthday flowers sent to the cemetery or floated on the beach -- either is fine with me.

B)  I had been a proponent of donating to just one charity, but now I'm thinking that two charities is the way to go.  This way, more contributors would feel as if their wishes were being carried out.     

C)  Let's definitely get this completed by April 4th.  While our donation(s) can be made "in memory of Heath Ledger," I'd like to see it (them?) made "in celebration of the life Heath Ledger." 

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2008, 06:01:52 pm »
A) I also like both ideas - either the flowers sent to the cemetery or floating them on the beach.

B) I would prefer donating to one charity.

C) I would like to see this done in time for Heath's birthday.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2008, 10:15:40 pm »
I am not trying to be blunt, but maybe I am blunt: I think it is time to make a decision. Meryl has been spearheading this whole effort so I would suggest that she pull all the information together, make a decision, and report back to us. I think it is time to move on on this, as they say. I support Meryl and her analysis of the info and final decision.

L

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2008, 02:26:27 am »
I am not trying to be blunt, but maybe I am blunt: I think it is time to make a decision. Meryl has been spearheading this whole effort so I would suggest that she pull all the information together, make a decision, and report back to us. I think it is time to move on on this, as they say. I support Meryl and her analysis of the info and final decision.

L

I agree Leslie.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2008, 02:53:54 am »
Hey, buds, sorry to be dragging my feet on this.  I've had a heavy work schedule lately, and very little time and energy to answer your questions.

I think it is best to give all the money to the David Wirrpanda Foundation, since only one person voted in the poll for splitting the donation, and the Wirrpanda organization is a very fitting recipient.  We know Heath was an active supporter as well as a friend of David Wirrpanda, and it celebrates his Australian roots as well.

I've asked Phillip to write to the Foundation about how to send the funds and suggested he donate the money directly from BetterMost.  It totals $1,175.00, after deducting $300.00 for the condolence notices. 

Around $85.00 should be left for flowers to be sent on Heath's birthday to Karrakatta Cemetery.  Since Peachy lives several hours away from Perth, I think this is better than having her make the trek there to float the flowers off Cottesloe Beach, as nice an idea as that is.  Besides, I'm hoping the cemetery will notify the family that the flowers were received.

I hope this sounds like a good course of action to everyone.  It's been great to be a part of this effort to honor our beloved Heath.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2008, 06:14:40 am »
Great job!

Thank you, Meryl!

;D
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

mvansand76

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2008, 06:21:00 am »
Hey, buds, sorry to be dragging my feet on this.  I've had a heavy work schedule lately, and very little time and energy to answer your questions.

I think it is best to give all the money to the David Wirrpanda Foundation, since only one person voted in the poll for splitting the donation, and the Wirrpanda organization is a very fitting recipient.  We know Heath was an active supporter as well as a friend of David Wirrpanda, and it celebrates his Australian roots as well.

I've asked Phillip to write to the Foundation about how to send the funds and suggested he donate the money directly from BetterMost.  It totals $1,175.00, after deducting $300.00 for the condolence notices. 

Around $85.00 should be left for flowers to be sent on Heath's birthday to Karrakatta Cemetery.  Since Peachy lives several hours away from Perth, I think this is better than having her make the trek there to float the flowers off Cottesloe Beach, as nice an idea as that is.  Besides, I'm hoping the cemetery will notify the family that the flowers were received.

I hope this sounds like a good course of action to everyone.  It's been great to be a part of this effort to honor our beloved Heath.  :-*

This is fantastic, Meryl! Thank you for summarizing everything.  :-*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2008, 06:24:26 am »
Sounds great, Meryl. Thank you again for all your work on this, and thanks to Peachy in Australia for coordinating things "down under."

L

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2008, 07:19:42 am »
Thank you Meryl and Peachy.

Offline mouk

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2008, 10:23:14 am »
I should imagine that floating the flowers from the beach might be difficult, they will be brought back by the waves - unless it can be done further into the sea from a pier or from a boat. The cemetary is probably a more feasible option.

Thank you Mery and Peachy :-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2008, 12:50:31 pm »
Adding more thanks:

thank you Meryl and Peachy  :-*

Offline Fran

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2008, 01:54:06 pm »
Yes, thank you both.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2008, 03:38:44 pm »
Thanks Peachy and Meryl!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2008, 08:05:46 pm »
Meryl - sounds great!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2008, 01:30:09 am »
Meryl - sounds great!

Yup.  And I know you're busier now than you were when this project started.  :-*

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2008, 08:16:06 pm »
Thank you!

Very good choices, seems to me.

:) :) :)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2008, 11:08:24 am »
My thanks also to Meryl.  I am still waiting to hear back from the David Wirrpanda Foundation.  When I hear back, I'll report back on the progress of our contribution to them.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2008, 10:16:51 am »
I have not received a reply to my e-mail (perhaps it has been mis-identified as spam), so I am going to fax them a letter today regarding our contribution.

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2008, 12:02:25 pm »
A)  Peachy use the memorial flower money for birthday flowers.

B)  all the remaining funds collected to the charity with the most votes Wirrpanda Foundation 

C)  have made the decisions and made the donation(s) by then, in honor of his birthday.

Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2008, 08:16:06 pm »
I have not received a reply to my e-mail (perhaps it has been mis-identified as spam), so I am going to fax them a letter today regarding our contribution.

Thank you Phillip. Keep us posted.

j.U. d. E.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2008, 09:17:39 pm »

Good idea, Phillip.  Hopefully, they'll reply toot sweet.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: POLL: Heath Charity Donation
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2008, 07:59:27 pm »

Heya,

Phillip have you heard from the Wirrpanda Foundation yet?  And, if we haven't heard back, are we still going to go forward with the donation?  Or is there a plan-B?

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2008, 02:20:59 pm »
I *finally* heard back from them today!  I had to send a fax to their two different offices and got a response today from Ms. Cunningham.  They accept Paypal and that seems to be the recommended course of action.  My advice at this point is to minimize any additional transaction fees from moving funds around between accounts (PayPal always seems to get a piece of the action everytime you do something).  Therefore, the smartest thing I think we could do is use their Paypal form on the website and have Meryl handle the transaction from the same Paypal account that has the funds within it now.  If we opt for the "fund from checking account" option instead of the credit card option, that should reduce any transaction fees.  Meryl can then keep a copy of the receipt for verification purposes if anyone needs one.

Here was a copy of her e-mail, and they sent along a brochure.

Dear Phillip:

We are delighted to hear form you and can’t begin to thank you for all your kindness
We do have paypal on our website www.dwf.org.au  if you go Support Us it comes up there.

Kind Regards,

David Wirrpanda Foundation
201 Subiaco Road Subiaco WA 6008
PO Box 508, Subiaco WA 6904
Ph: (08) 9381 5990
Fax: (08) 9381 5991
Mobile: 0432 752 672
[email protected]
www.dwf.org.au

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2008, 03:18:34 pm »
That's great news, Phillip!  I'll see about getting the money transferred sometime tomorrow.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline mouk

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2008, 03:24:24 pm »
Wow, it's happening - that's exciting!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2008, 03:53:33 am »
Wow, Phillip.  Thanks for pursuing that.  I never heard back from them, from my one email.  Good work!  And thanks Meryl, for chugging along on this project with its unexpected turns.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2008, 02:32:09 pm »
Wow, Phillip.  Thanks for pursuing that.  I never heard back from them, from my one email.  Good work!  And thanks Meryl, for chugging along on this project with its unexpected turns.

Having been involved with non-profit work (and being president of one such organization), my suspicion here is that this is not a large foundation with a significant permanent paid staff.  In such cases, people do the organization work when they have enough free time, and there are periods (usually between board meetings) when correspondence starts to pile up.  I think what triggered our success was when I started e-mailing and faxing other contact people within the organization, which probably helped get their attention.  I'm glad we've established contact.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2008, 04:05:30 pm »
I've figured out that, after conversion fees and PayPal fees, we have $1,256.98 in total donations to contribute to the Wirrpanda Foundation.  However, I need to transfer some money into my PayPal account to have enough to send.  This is because some of it came to me in cash and checks.  This will take 3-5 days to transfer from my checking account.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure how to effect the actual PayPal transaction.  There is no mention of PayPal on the actual donation form on the website.  They mention something called BPAY and give an account number, but PayPal asks only for an email or phone number when you say you want to send money.

Phillip, do you think it will be sufficient to enter their email?  I don't want the funds to go astray.  I might wait til all the funds are available and try a test run for $10.00 and see if it goes through.  I'll fill out the donation form and fax it so they have all our info.  Did you get charged for your faxes?

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2008, 08:41:32 pm »
Thank you again Meryl, for figuring out the mechanics of it all.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2008, 08:45:24 pm »
Thank you Meryl! I hope you'll manage with the transfer! Keep us posted.

j. U. d. E.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2008, 10:26:34 am »
Great job Meryl and Phillip!   :-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2008, 01:53:27 pm »
What Amanda said!  :-*

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2008, 04:42:56 pm »
Meanwhile, I'm not sure how to effect the actual PayPal transaction.  There is no mention of PayPal on the actual donation form on the website.  They mention something called BPAY and give an account number, but PayPal asks only for an email or phone number when you say you want to send money.

Phillip, do you think it will be sufficient to enter their email?  I don't want the funds to go astray.  I might wait til all the funds are available and try a test run for $10.00 and see if it goes through.  I'll fill out the donation form and fax it so they have all our info.  Did you get charged for your faxes?

I have researched the various funding options we have to get our contribution to them.  All have fees.  Wiring money internationally direct to their account is probably going to be the most expensive, but each bank is different.  Their bank account info is on the link below.  Using Paypal for funding from a eCheck (your checking account) or from the Paypal balance already on your Paypal account involves a 2.5% currency conversion fee and a $5 transaction fee which is taken from the contribution.  They also take credit cards, and if your bank is a credit union or at least not a money grabber, they may only charge a 1.5-2% foreign currency conversion fee, making it the cheapest option.  I don't recommend mailing them a check or money order drawn in Australian dollars - that can get expensive and complicated to handle in both directions. 

So, if the funds are primarily in your Paypal account already and not in a checking or savings account, I recommend simply using Paypal to transfer the funds drawn on your available Paypal balance (there are no additional fees beyond the currency conversion and transaction fee).  If you have the money primarily in your checking account, then doing a Paypal eCheck or debit Visa/Mastercard transaction are the best options because both charge similar fees.  It's also possible to do a combinaton of the two.  The fees seem mostly percentage-based, not flat rate.

The exchange rate is a factor.  As of today, based on the amount earlier in the thread, you'd enter $1313.74 AUD.  Any fees are deducted from that amount when sent on to the recipient when using Paypal.

So here are instructions:

Start here.

PAYPAL METHOD: ECHECK

Click Donate button.
Enter dollar amount of contribution in Australian dollars and then login to Paypal account.
Under the confirmation screen, verify exchange rate.  If wildly off, start over at the original link.
Choose "change payment method" and select eCheck option, which will associate with the checking account you configured Paypal with.
Confirm transaction and send.

PAYPAL METHOD: USE PAYPAL BALANCE

Click Donate button.
Enter dollar amount of contribution in Australian dollars and then login to Paypal account.
Under the confirmation screen, verify exchange rate.  If wildly off, start over at the original link.
By default, funds transferred come from your Paypal account balance.

PAYPAL METHOD: COMBINATION OF THE TWO

(If you have some money in your Paypal account and the rest in your checking account, this option will work)

Click Donate button.
By default, Paypal will first exhaust all available funds in your Paypal account.  The remaining balance will be drawn from the checking account associated with your Paypal account.

USE A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD

Click on PDF contribution form.
Enter pertinent details with Visa or Mastercard number.
Fax it to them at 011-61-8-9381-5991, or you can fax or e-mail it to me and I can forward it on to them.  My 24 hour fax is 585-935-7196.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2008, 04:46:51 pm »
Another e-mail from them:

Hi Phil,

I’m not sure if Lisa has replied to you or not.  I am her Administration officer.  Thank you for raising money in Heath’s honor for our foundation which he was and still is an ambassador for (in his memory).  We have all been affected by his untimely death also.  We have pay pal facilities on our website if that would be helpful.  www.dwf.org.au on the support us tab and then Donations.  Thank you very much again.  Wishing you and your online community all the very best.

Kind Regards,

Jodie Schroder
Adminstration Officer

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2008, 04:51:09 pm »

Hi Phil,

I’m not sure if Lisa has replied to you or not.  I am her Administration officer.  Thank you for raising money in Heath’s honor for our foundation which he was and still is an ambassador for (in his memory).  We have all been affected by his untimely death also.  We have pay pal facilities on our website if that would be helpful.  www.dwf.org.au on the support us tab and then Donations.  Thank you very much again.  Wishing you and your online community all the very best.

Kind Regards,

Jodie Schroder
Adminstration Officer

What a lovely email!  It's great to hear from them directly... and more than once!

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2008, 07:40:58 am »
For those wanting to do something positive in Heath's name, I have something of a left field suggestion.

Many may remember that Australia's Olivia Newton-John is a cancer survivor, but only recently did I see a spot on morning television (here in Oz) that Olivia is leading a walk to Beijing along with many other celebrities, athletes, and other notable people to raise money for cancer research.  Among them is Adam Sutton, a friend of Heath Ledger and gay cowboy who worked with Heath on Ned Kelly, and whom Heath had called before BbM began filming saying that he'd just read this script and it was like reading a story all about Adam.  Well Adam is currently on this walk with Olivia and he had pledged that all money raised by him will be donated in Heath's name.  So, indirectly as it may be, if you'd like to donate money to a worthy cause that will be made in Heath's name, have a read of this site and be sure to follow the links to sponsor Adam Sutton.

Honestly folks, as Olivia has said, even $5 will make a real difference.

NAME: Adam Sutton Cowboy, Author, Australia
STAGES: All stages

WHY HAVE YOU JOINED THE WALK:
Cancer touches everyone - my grandfather, Poppy Sutton, died of throat cancer and like anyone else, I've had friends and other relatives affected by it. I've joined Olivia's walk to raise awareness and raise money.

WHAT TRAINING HAVE YOU DONE:
I'm naturally fit, in my everyday work I am outdoors all day, working with horses. I've been doing extra training through - running, swimming, taking on the odd hike.

WHY SHOULD PEOPLE SPONSOR YOU:
I hope to get a lot of support from the gay community because I want to represent the community as best I can. Also, I've decided to do the walk in my mate Heath Ledger's honour and to donate the money I raise for the appeal in Heath's name. Anyone who was touched by Heath's life looking for a way to honour his memory, here is one small way to do it and I know he'd be rapt.

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO:
Every aspect of it - standing on the Great Wall, experiencing the camaraderie of the group as we head to Beijing, and getting people around the world involved in the project.

Here's the site's url: https://www.greatwalktobeijing.com

And here's a link to Adam's page: https://www.greatwalktobeijing.com/store/walker/item/austent/7239/walker.html
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2008, 09:45:59 am »

Hi Phil,

Kind Regards,

Jodie Schroder
Adminstration Officer

Thank you Phil for posting! Thank you to Jodie and Lisa. It was very nice of them to reply. Very touching.

And thank you Chris!

j. U. d. E.

yb

« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2008, 09:49:39 pm »
I don't remember if I had voted or not.  But I'm fine with whatever charity will be decided as long as it is in honour of Heath. 

Thanks everybody for the effort.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2008, 07:04:15 pm »

In Loving Memory
HEATH LEDGER

It is done!   :D

I sent the PayPal donation today to the David Wirrpanda Foundation in the amount of $1,350.13 Australian Dollars.  On the FAX form, I noted that it was from the members of BetterMost.net, In Loving Memory of Heath Ledger.

I received an automatic reply from both PayPal and the Wirrpanda Foundation acknowledging receipt of the monies.

A giant hug and thank-you to Phillip and John, for creating BetterMost.net, and to the following members who contributed so generously to this gift in Heath's memory:

Pipedream
MaineWriter
Kelda
Snavel
belbbmfan
sfericsf
Penthesilea
jstephens9
BBM-Cat
U/L Flyer
BelAir
atz75
Sandy
jmmgallagher
roryennis
AuroraLucis
Delmardeb
TOoP/Bruce
ptannen
southendmd
mouk
Scott
Mikaela
Ellemeno (Elle)
tamarack
Wishes
yb
Phillip Dampier
John Passaniti
berit
nova20194
Memento (Jude Quinn)
ednbarby
dementia_12
loneleeb3
MagnumMark
RouxB (halroux)
Verona
Kerry
j.U.d.E.
nakymaton
BBMGrandma
Shasta542
Fran (Elaine Wyatt)
Peachy

(There are two men who sent PayPal contributions but didn't list their BM names.  Please PM me if you don't see your name, and I'll edit this list.)

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline mouk

« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2008, 08:30:03 pm »
Fantastic!! Meryl, you are the best  :-* :-*

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2008, 12:47:56 am »
Good Girly Miz Merly!!  It is done is right.  A long journey, and you trod it.  Thank you so much for your dedication to this project.  Love, Clarissa

P.S.  How do you know the two unknowns were men?  I've been trying to figure that one out.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2008, 01:21:58 am »
Good Girly Miz Merly!!  It is done is right.  A long journey, and you trod it.  Thank you so much for your dedication to this project.  Love, Clarissa

P.S.  How do you know the two unknowns were men?  I've been trying to figure that one out.

Thanks, Elle and moukie!  :-*

I know they're guys because they made the contributions under their real-life names, clearly guy names.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2008, 03:11:11 am »
Thanks, Elle and moukie!  :-*

I know they're guys because they made the contributions under their real-life names, clearly guy names.  ;D

Ah, gotcha.  And you don't know how to correlate that to their usernames. 

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2008, 04:43:23 am »
That's wonderful Meryl!! Thank you!!   :-*

One question - does that mean the charity donation has stopped or can we go on sending you donations via PayPal?

j. U. d. E.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2008, 08:32:58 am »

In Loving Memory
HEATH LEDGER

It is done!   :D

I sent the PayPal donation today to the David Wirrpanda Foundation in the amount of $1,350.13 Australian Dollars.  On the FAX form, I noted that it was from the members of BetterMost.net, In Loving Memory of Heath Ledger.

(((Meryl))) Thank you for all you've done!  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2008, 09:14:25 am »

:-*  {{{Meryl}}}  :-*

Thank you for your tireless dedication to this important cause.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2008, 01:10:18 am »
I received this e-mail today:

On behalf of the David Wirrpanda Foundation I would like to thank BetterMost.net for their very generous donation in memory of Heath Ledger.

Thanks for honoring him and supporting us.

Kind Regards,

Jodie Schroder
Adminstration Officer

David Wirrpanda Foundation
201 Subiaco Road Subiaco WA 6008
PO Box 508, Subiaco WA 6904
Ph: (08) 9381 5990
Fax: (08) 9381 5991
Mobile: 0409 874 544
[email protected]
www.dwf.org.au
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2008, 01:11:45 am »
Attached to the email was this nice official thank-you.  I scanned it to be able to print it here:

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2008, 06:56:15 am »
THAT'S AWESOME Meryl! So sweet of them!

Question though, can we continue sending contribution via your account or has this now been disabled?

j. U. d. E.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2008, 10:20:30 am »
Attached to the email was this nice official thank-you.  I scanned it to be able to print it here:

This is all so wonderful!

Thank you for all your hard work High Priestess!  :-* :-* :-*
{{{Mery}}}

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2008, 12:13:17 pm »
THAT'S AWESOME Meryl! So sweet of them!

Question though, can we continue sending contribution via your account or has this now been disabled?

j. U. d. E.

As far as I'm concerned, Jude, this was a one-shot thing we had goin' on here.  In the future there may be more donation projects, but for now, we're done.

Thanks again, Brokies!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline mouk

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2008, 04:17:18 pm »
Yee-haw to the successful attempt and to their lovely answer! You did well, ô Great Priestess :-*

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2008, 11:52:29 am »
Thank you Meryl, for everything you've done to help us see Heath's memory honoured - both with the lovely in memorian ads, the attempts to place flowers, and this donation.

You're the best.  :-* :-* :-*