Author Topic: TOTW 06/08: Did Ennis die at the day described in the prologue?  (Read 17726 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: TOTW 06/08: Did Ennis die at the day described in the prologue?
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2008, 12:23:08 am »
Absolutely not. There is nothing in the prologue that suggests death whatsoever.

Welcome to Bettermost WhiskySpring! I hope that you enjoy your time here in BM.

and , you and I agree on the suggestion of Ennis's death in the prologue

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2008, 10:51:13 am »
Ever since my first viewing of the movie, I have thought of Ennis Del Mar as a living entity out there in the world somewhere, grown old and in declining health. I thought of him as a relic, the survivor of the two.

What I have noticed since Heath's passing is that I no long feel that way. With the passingof the actor that played his character, it feels like Ennis Del Mar is gone too. 

I'd thought that if nothing changes in Ennis' life from what we see at the end of both the ss and the movie, he'd probably have passed on by the year 2008. Even at the end of the basic plot, when he's only 40, this is someone who's put a lot of stress on his body and probably neglected his health.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2008, 01:58:22 pm »
To me that shows that he is hanging on...because as long as he lives, Jack lives.

What a brilliant and lovely sentiment! I have never thought of that before and I love it!

With the passingof the actor that played his character, it feels like Ennis Del Mar is gone too. 

No words  :'(
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"