Author Topic: Tales of Greenlea County - Discussion of All Stories (UPDATE)  (Read 90990 times)

Offline acht-acht

• Don't Say Much
Re: Tales of Greenlea County - Discussion of All Stories
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2008, 08:29:03 pm »
Ha - there´s chapter 41 and proves me wrong. Nick can be very convincing. Great sexy chapter, but Nick´s Dad was real nice too.

Yeah, he said ‘you be good ta my boy.’” An I said ‘yes sir!’ an I swear I almost saluted.”
Nick lay back against the pillow. “So I guess that means... yer my boyfriend for real, huh?"

Everything´s good with the world !! I´ll go to bed before something bad can happen.

Clara

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2008, 08:54:25 pm »
And here are the last ten chapters of 'Dupree's Choice.'  I think you may agree - nothing really bad happened, or at least, nothing permanent!!!

And next up... the story  I wrote next, which was 'Red Stallions for Christmas'!

Edit:  Actually, what comes up next chronologically is "A Small Circle of Friends" so I will see what order I need to do them in before starting in.  At any rate - SOMETHING is coming next!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 06:55:14 pm by louise van hine »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2008, 02:12:27 pm »
For those who are rereading or discovering 'A Small Circle of Friends' for the first time, the 10 chapters I just posted contain classic 'Wayne goodness' in chapter 17, 'The Postman Always Rings Twice'  http://tcreader.livejournal.com/163333.html 

referring not only to the classic film with Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange, but also our local postman, Wayne Bryce!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2008, 02:58:54 pm »
Awesome - I never read A Small Circle of Friends- what a bonus treat!  :D Thanks Louise!
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2008, 05:56:59 pm »
I actually have quite a few stories in this series, don't I?  Holy moley!

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2008, 09:12:37 pm »
No! Never enough...never enough...!  ;)
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2008, 10:21:03 pm »
Hahaha well I do think that I have put together the longest-running story series in the fandom.  So that is saying something!

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2008, 04:18:39 pm »
Hahaha well I do think that I have put together the longest-running story series in the fandom.  So that is saying something!

Absolutely!!
Louise or other fans - just to be sure I'm reading in correct sequence - 'A Small Circle of Friends' comes after 'Dupree's Choice'...and then....? Thank you.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2008, 04:44:38 pm »
Yes, Dupree's choice happens before 'Small Circle of Friends'.  AFter that there are two stories that happen in an overlapping fashion:  'Red Stallions for Christmas' and 'Home for the Holidays.'   I actually wrote 'Red Stallions for Christmas' before that but chronologically 'Small Circle of Friends' occurs beforehand.

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2008, 05:09:33 pm »
Wow how exciting - so many stories I've never read!

After 'Red Stallions for Christmas' and 'Home for the Holidays'.......then, 'The Chesterfield Fortune', 'The Rookie', 'The Grey Girls' ? Thank you.