Author Topic: In the BM movie, who is clouded?  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
In the BM movie, who is clouded?
« on: February 28, 2008, 07:39:15 pm »
In the BM movie, who is clouded...??

It seems to me that some characters in the BM movie have a mind that becomes clouded at a certain time??

When spent too much time with an influential other, or not enough time??

Hugs!!

Offline Artiste

Re: In the BM movie, who is clouded?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 11:55:18 pm »
Ennis?

Jack?

Hugs!

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:58:08 pm »
What do you mean by clouded?  Can you explain more?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 12:10:13 am »
Thanks sfericsf!

Clouded could mean many things!!

One way to look at it, I guess, would be that an influential person like Ennis, Jack, Alma, Lureen, can cloud our thoughts for a moment, for some time, for even a longer time unforeseen!!

Jack clouds Ennis' thoughts, more than once? How?

Ennis does cloud too Jack... in many ways.

I often wondered ( and still do) as to why Alma clouded her mind so very long time after seeing her husband Jack kiss mutually Ennis, and just telling him off at that famous Thanksgiving... but why too many months after?? What was clouding so much her mind, so she did NOT tell Jack off much, much earlier, if not right away!! ?? This could be one case, to answer this thread's question?

Hugs!

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 12:50:21 pm »
Thanks sfericsf!

Clouded could mean many things!!

One way to look at it, I guess, would be that an influential person like Ennis, Jack, Alma, Lureen, can cloud our thoughts for a moment, for some time, for even a longer time unforeseen!!

Jack clouds Ennis' thoughts, more than once? How?

Ennis does cloud too Jack... in many ways.

I often wondered ( and still do) as to why Alma clouded her mind so very long time after seeing her husband Jack kiss mutually Ennis, and just telling him off at that famous Thanksgiving... but why too many months after?? What was clouding so much her mind, so she did NOT tell Jack off much, much earlier, if not right away!! ?? This could be one case, to answer this thread's question?

Hugs!

Well, in Alma's case, she didn't out Ennis probably due to her own pride as well as for her children who were still young at the time. She was 'clouded' by thoughts for her girls and Ennis's needed role in their lives. The kiss made it very apparent where his intentions lay but she knew she needed his support until she grounded herself - with Monroe who had an interest in Alma from the first time we see him.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 04:34:19 pm »
Thanks elomelo!

You say:
  Well, in Alma's case, she didn't out Ennis probably due to her own pride as well as for her children who were still young at the time. She was 'clouded' by thoughts for her girls and Ennis's needed role in their lives. The kiss made it very apparent where his intentions lay but she knew she needed his support until she grounded herself - with Monroe who had an interest in Alma from the first time we see him.

Elomelo, yes that seems so... as you describe. Still, I wonder as to why she (Alma) tells her former husband (Ennis) off... so, so late, yes very very late since at that Thanksgiving she was married to Monroe for a long time?? And besides that, why does she insists on blaming Jack?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 01:12:11 pm »
Thanks elomelo!

You say:

Elomelo, yes that seems so... as you describe. Still, I wonder as to why she (Alma) tells her former husband (Ennis) off... so, so late, yes very very late since at that Thanksgiving she was married to Monroe for a long time?? And besides that, why does she insists on blaming Jack?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Hey Artiste! :) Good points - yeah I wondered about that for a while. Well, Alma tells Ennis that the girls and her are worried for him, that he should get married. This is her way of saying she's worried about Ennis and sees Jack as temptation, because, in Alma's eyes, he's the reason Ennis is so uninterested in their marriage and ruined their relationship. And then Ennis says 'once burned'; yes, Alma divorced him but he was unaware she saw that kiss on the stairway so is blaming her for his bachelor life. She gets angry and then asks Ennis if he still goes fishing with that friend. When he replies yes, he does, something in her snaps and she snarls, blaming Jack 'Nasty' for everything. She wants to blame Jack because she's ashamed her husband could ever feign any interest in men and engage in an affair while still married to her. Ennis was lured into his 'ways' or so Alma sees it.

Hugs back! (:

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 02:19:56 pm »
Thanks elemelo!

Your post is enlightning!

However, do you think that Alma is afraid ?? Since her mind is still clouded about gays!! (Or Jack... as you seem to put it well, right?)

Afraid that someone in the area will call Ennis a homosexual?? And that will ruin her reputation?

Maybe?

Hugs!

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 02:22:52 pm »
Thanks elemelo!

Your post is enlightning!

However, do you think that Alma is afraid ?? Since her mind is still clouded about gays!! (Or Jack... as you seem to put it well, right?)

Afraid that someone in the area will call Ennis a homosexual?? And that will ruin her reputation?

Maybe?

Hugs!

Aloha. :)

Yeah you're right - Alma is afraid, both for Ennis and her reputation, as well as for her children. She knows what happens to gays or at least what has happened in the past, and fears for Ennis's life.

And she sees Ennis marrying again as another way out of being called homosexual.

But she realizes that Jack means more to Ennis than just sexual release when he nearly breaks her hand in the kitchen and threatens her. Ouch!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 02:28:05 pm »
Thanks very much elomelo!

You say:

But she realizes that Jack means more to Ennis than just sexual release when he nearly breaks her hand in the kitchen and threatens her. Ouch!

Elomelo, to that did you really think so? She looked bewildered to me? Like way too much clouded to think that .... there and then?

Au revoir,
hugs!