Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173685 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2008, 08:21:49 pm »
at last, another chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/267455.html  Chapter 40

SPOILERS

Yikes! Teddy Eldredge phoning Pam? Why?  That's wrong in so many ways I don't know where to begin.  Paula and the Yavapai county prosecutor need to be notified "toot sweet" as Wes would say.  And what is Laura's angle?  Before all this happened, she doesn't want Pam speaking with Teddy and now she gives him, the brother of the alleged perpetrator, the Browns' phone number?!?!!!!  Maybe it is time for that restraining order......

And I can't quite figure out what's going on in Ellery's mind about the ranch, either.....

I love how you keep us guessing, Louise!

Thanks,
Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2008, 12:37:07 am »
SPOILERS

Chapter 40

Looks like everyone needs a new phone number thanks to Laura's raging hormones or whatever her deal is.

And who's idea was it to have Teddy look Pam up anyway? Laura has just been twisted enough lately to be the

one to reach out to him like maybe Pam would drop the charges if she's dating her rapist's brother. Ick!

Ellery's ranch obsession is confusing to me because he is feeding the flames, as it were, Colson really doesn't seem

interested and actually may be getting annoyed by his pushing the idea and I think Ellery is encouraging even more

headaches with these unpredictable Grey girls when he keeps bringing it up.

Never a dull moment!!

Thanks Louise!

Fran

You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2008, 07:30:30 am »
Chapter 41 popped up on my f-list this morning, so I'll post the link!  :)

http://louisev.livejournal.com/267654.html

SPOILERS

I think Laura needs to be taught a few words and phrases.  Blackmail is a form of extortion, which is a felony.  Interference with a criminal investigation is also a felony.  Obstruction of justice is also floating around in my mind.  She's pathetic, desperate and ignorant and I understand that, but if she wants to play hardball (and apparently she does) she needs to learn the rules of the game. (Can you tell I've had a bad couple of weeks and I'm not in the mood for b.s? LOL!) 

I hope the Glenfiddle helps, these boys needs some serious relaxation!

I can't even guess what the next chapter will bring ....

Thanks,
Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2008, 08:44:33 am »

SPOILERS

I think Laura needs to be taught a few words and phrases.  Blackmail is a form of extortion, which is a felony.  Interference with a criminal investigation is also a felony.  Obstruction of justice is also floating around in my mind.  She's pathetic, desperate and ignorant and I understand that, but if she wants to play hardball (and apparently she does) she needs to learn the rules of the game. (Can you tell I've had a bad couple of weeks and I'm not in the mood for b.s? LOL!) 

I hope the Glenfiddle helps, these boys needs some serious relaxation!

I can't even guess what the next chapter will bring ....

Thanks,
Marie

Marie have a read of my comments on Louise,s LJ. I,ll teach that old crone a few words and phrases and I promise you, NONE of them will be polite ones either. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2008, 01:20:45 pm »

whoooops!  I don't know how I forgot to post the link!  Oh well, writing it is the important thing!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #175 on: April 23, 2008, 10:20:56 pm »
did you think I forgot?

Nope!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/267845.html  'Chapter 42'

a few fireworks in the offing.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #176 on: April 24, 2008, 06:54:00 am »
Ah, the perfect way to start the day. A new chapter and a cup of coffee. Thanks, Louise!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2008, 07:18:11 am »
Ah, the perfect way to start the day. A new chapter and a cup of coffee. Thanks, Louise!

I second that!

SPOILERS

“Don’t you understand?” Laura looked at her as if Paula were stupid. “This is all a big whitewash an you been dragged right in the middle of it. She made the whole thing up, an this is all ta make sure those girls end up down here by Colson an they don’t got ta grow up an be responsible for themselves!

The saddest - and scariest -  part is that she truly believes her own words.  Fueled by the difficulty of accepting the idea of Pam being raped and her resentment and jealousy (interesting that she believes Ellery is the puppet master here, and that Colson and the Browns are following his lead) she's lost touch with reality.  She needs serious professional help.  I'm afraid that by the time Laura has her own "rude awakening" it may be too late to salvage her relationship with her daughters. 

What a poignant portrait you've painted, Louise - really wrenching.

Thanks,
Marie

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2008, 07:26:59 am »
I second that!

SPOILERS

“Don’t you understand?” Laura looked at her as if Paula were stupid. “This is all a big whitewash an you been dragged right in the middle of it. She made the whole thing up, an this is all ta make sure those girls end up down here by Colson an they don’t got ta grow up an be responsible for themselves!

The saddest - and scariest -  part is that she truly believes her own words.  Fueled by the difficulty of accepting the idea of Pam being raped and her resentment and jealousy (interesting that she believes Ellery is the puppet master here, and that Colson and the Browns are following his lead) she's lost touch with reality.  She needs serious professional help.  I'm afraid that by the time Laura has her own "rude awakening" it may be too late to salvage her relationship with her daughters. 

What a poignant portrait you've painted, Louise - really wrenching.

Thanks,
Marie

What gets me is, WHY can,t she accept that her daughter WAS raped? Why has she got it all twsited in her silly head and thinks that it,s all some elaborate scheme for the two of them to "escape" to be near their father? They don,t need permission from her to be near their father ffs, they are adults Laura!!  They have every right in the world to be near him, and right now he,s being far more supportive of her than her useless lunatic mother is. I mean fancy driving 300 miles to post a letter on Colsons door and then turning up to see Paula at her office? The woman is a total fruit cake. And Louise, dont, forget what I did to Bunny, it,s getting to that stage again...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr@Laura. *gets her bomb ready*  ;)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #179 on: April 24, 2008, 08:04:43 am »
SPOILERS

What gets me is, WHY can,t she accept that her daughter WAS raped?

I imagine because it's too painful.  Why did it take Colson so many years to accept his own sexuality?  Isn't it ironic that his denial caused so much pain to his family (and himself and Adam)....and now they seem to be stuck in this loop of hurt, blame, and guilt and everyone suffers for it.  But it does seem that things have reached a boiling point and something has to give ....no matter the circumstances, Laura simply can't be allowed to continue inserting herself into a criminal matter and making threats.

Marie