Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173780 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« on: February 29, 2008, 10:36:07 pm »

and here is chapter 1 of my new story...

http://louisev.livejournal.com/256824.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 11:30:47 pm »
yay!! a leap year treat!!

I have a feeling the Grey Girls are gonna give their Daddy some gray hairs before this story is done!!  ;) (And

Daddy's girls are gonna get in Ellery's hair because now that they have made the move to Tourmaline they are

going to be even more jealous of the time & attention Colson gives him. But, I think they will have met their

match in Chief cock of the walk!! I love that nickname BTW!)

Hey, are there really enough straight cops in Tourmaline for two girls?? lol!!

Thanks for the quick start to a great new tale Louise!!

Fran

You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 01:30:43 pm »
SPOILERS

The dialogue between the twins was so natural and true and it made me feel sad for them.  They are still being affected by their parents' history, and the repercussions on their mother's life continues in her second marriage -  and that, as well as their father's marriage, can't help but skew their view of relationships and romantic love - in a good and a bad way.  And it's understandable that they feel a competition with Ellery for their father's attention and affection - something they feel they've been deprived of.

This is sure to be an eye-opening experience for Colson, too.  He lived with Katie Ann while she was a married woman - and seeing his girls "on the prowl" so to speak may give him a better understanding of what their mother had to deal with during their teen-age years.  And, again, I like how the stories are dovetailing - just recently in "LWH" Colson told Katie Ann that Ellery's never been a daddy and he naturally wouldn't have the same patience and understanding that Colson was bound to have.  So very true - and it will interesting to see how Ellery rises to the challenge in his role as step-father. 

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 02:45:22 pm »
SPOILERS

The dialogue between the twins was so natural and true and it made me feel sad for them.  They are still being affected by their parents' history, and the repercussions on their mother's life continues in her second marriage -  and that, as well as their father's marriage, can't help but skew their view of relationships and romantic love - in a good and a bad way. 

Thanks,
Marie

I thought it was odd for Pam to want to go find some exciting men, given what has just happened to her.  :-\ Your comment makes a lot of sense Marie. 

We're off to a great start Louise. I'm sure this is going to be yet another story I'm going to enjoy very much.

Thank you.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 05:23:10 pm »
SPOILER

Well, if I may point out that Pam is the one so desperate to stay in Tourmaline... and she is, in her own subtle way, trying to give Katie Ann reasons to stay, because she knows Katie is interested in finding a new man.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 10:40:53 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 12:35:58 am »
and here is... chapter 2

http://louisev.livejournal.com/257181.html

SPOILERS

“I thought Lauren was gonna take care a that, or Sally.”

Wayne, you would try the patience of a saint.....

...they are gonna be there needin stuff an wantin ta spend time with me an... frankly I don’t know...”

Well, yes, they are, and yes, they will - that's all part and parcel of being a parent, Colson.....

“I drove all the way down here ta fetch my girls,an you an your fancy pants policeman better not stand in my way,” said Laura, trembling with indignation.

Sigh.  I guess we will be seeing that Laura/Edna meeting.......

You packed a lot of good stuff into this chapter, Louise!

Thanks,
Maire
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 01:08:40 pm »
that is Wayne  - he should have a t-shirt that says 'Wearing the Patience of Saints'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 04:21:52 pm »

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 04:39:28 pm »
and here is chapter 3!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/257368.html

Whoowee! Two chapters in one day for me. Thanks Louise.

SPOILERS

How Ellery can go and listen to his tapes after that conversation, I'll never understand. But relaxation is something that everyone can use right now. So much tension and desperation.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'