Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173687 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2008, 12:54:21 am »
I am glad to see I am keeping you loyal readers on your toes!!!

as always I love to read all the comments, keep em coming!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2008, 10:07:46 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2008, 10:37:48 am »
SPOILERS

“Oh Daddy,” Katie Ann clung to him. “You don’t know how much we missed you bein down here. I am awful jealous a Ellery stealin you away.”

Colson laughed nervously. “Well as long as ya don’t play tug a war for me, Katie...

Hmmmm.... interesting choice of words on Katie Ann's part, and they didn't go unnoticed by Colson, of course. 

“Cause –“ Katie Ann interrupted. „Cause if she knows you are just as dead serious about Ellery as she was about marryin Steve she’ll finally give ya up an get over it, that’s how come.”

I know Laura has been pining for Colson, but somehow I didn't get the impression that she truly believed Colson was going to come back to her? Or maybe somewhere in her subconscious she held on to that hope?  I don't know...matters of the heart get pretty complicated - for everyone. 

Now hurry up, Colson - Ellery has to get to the jail!

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2008, 10:49:03 pm »
whoo wee, you don't miss a trick do you Marie?

I am running a little late tonight due to those ever-hard rice noodles in my stroganoff mix, and getting caught up in Obamomentum in the smashing Mississippi victory tonight.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2008, 11:23:52 pm »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 07:14:04 am »
Thank you, Louise...

A nice little breakfast treat with my coffee. I could make do with some of Edna's sausages and biscuits right about now, I have to say!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 12:01:50 pm »
sausages and biscuits for everyone!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 01:14:57 pm »
Thanks, Louise - I'll have my sausage and biscuits for lunch!

SPOILERS

Well, I see Ellery and I have the same opinion of Mr. Forster! LOL!  But I am worried about his blood pressure again, and he doesn't need to see any more of the "ex-wife show," as he so aptly describes it.  But, when you're married to someone with an ex and children......

I wonder if Wes will be bothered that Edna spilled the beans about the ceremony?  Although at this point, so many people know I guess it hardly matters.

I'm glad the talk about accompanying Colson and Ellery was quashed quickly - the whole point of the trip is to get away from it all! It's clear that having the girls in town is going to be an interesting adventure for everyone, that's for sure!

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 03:24:07 pm »

SPOILERS

Well, I see Ellery and I have the same opinion of Mr. Forster! LOL!  But I am worried about his blood pressure again, and he doesn't need to see any more of the "ex-wife show," as he so aptly describes it.  But, when you're married to someone with an ex and children......

I wonder if Wes will be bothered that Edna spilled the beans about the ceremony?  Although at this point, so many people know I guess it hardly matters.

I'm glad the talk about accompanying Colson and Ellery was quashed quickly - the whole point of the trip is to get away from it all! It's clear that having the girls in town is going to be an interesting adventure for everyone, that's for sure!

Thanks,
Marie

Oh yeah-Marie. I worry about the bp too & I also worry that Colson will hold stuff back from Ellery to try to keep him from getting upset. And then I wonder if Laura's new hubby may not be happy about their bun in the oven & Laura will end up in Tourmaline too living with her daughters!! Now there is Ellery's (& Colson's) worse nightmare come true!!

And I laughed at KatieAnn's passing thought about joining Daddy & Step-daddy in Puerto Rico. Girls can be so pushy sometimes!! I think Ellery would send them off to a vacation on their own anywhere else in the damn world to avoid a Grey Family Vacation!!

I don't know where the hell Louise is leading us this time...but it's a whole lotta fun!!  :)

Fran
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 11:13:06 pm »
I didn't know I was going to finish 'The Law of Greenlea County' editing tonight but my mind is just roiling right now, and not about our girls!

But I'll see what I can do!