Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173649 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 11:53:11 pm »
and here is chapter 14 for a changeup!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/260109.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2008, 01:40:09 pm »
.. I think Ellery would send them off to a vacation on their own anywhere else in the damn world to avoid a Grey Family Vacation!!

LOL!  This is true - what is the furthest geographical point from Puerto Rico? 

SPOILERS - Chapter 14

I'm feeling Ellery and Paula's pain.  It's a frustrating "game" for sure.  Effin' Amos.  But he can only run so long. 
Glad to see that Ellery kept his cool  - it's never too late for any of us to learn and change.  And I was really glad to see the truce between Ellery and Paula continue and expand.  Having Pam talk to Paula is an excellent move - and a very interesting one!  As always, a fascinating and complicated set of dynamics. 

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline opinionista

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2008, 08:19:33 pm »
LOL!  This is true - what is the furthest geographical point from Puerto Rico? 

Probably Hawaii.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2008, 11:35:18 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2008, 01:41:42 pm »
SPOILERS

Remind me never to tell Edna a secret! LOL!! 

But I do understand the fine line here and the trickle-down effect of Laura's pregnancy on the entire situation, which has moved beyond complicated.   

...Edna I think is tryin ta think a the right casserole ta bake for wartime.”

LOL!  There's a new cookbook idea!

Great story, Louise! Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2008, 11:27:23 pm »
and here is chapter 16!  http://louisev.livejournal.com/260700.html

(I took a break from Obamania!!!)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2008, 12:29:24 pm »

and here is chapter 16!  http://louisev.livejournal.com/260700.html

(I took a break from Obamania!!!)

And we appreciate it, Louise!

SPOILERS

A psychologist would have a field day with this conversation!  So much said - and not said.   I thought Pam was remarkably calm and forgiving in light of her mother's reaction/non-reaction to the fact that she was up all night because of nightmares and also in light of the fact that Laura's horrific words to Pam remain standing.  How sad that Laura's own feelings of hurt and betrayal have not only blinded her to her daughter's pain, but have increased that pain a hundred-fold.

I do wonder if the girls subsconsciously (or perhaps even consciously) sometimes see the animosity between their parents as something that can be manipulated to their advantage.  The feeling that the girls are being "bribed" would only be reinforced by stories such as the one Pam told about their father buying them red stallions for Christmas (I know she was using the story as a cover-up for being in the bar, but .....).  And Katie Ann seemed content to let her mother believe Colson had been encouraging her to move...

Well, I guess one immediate objective has been reached - Laura has left town.  But that doesn't even scratch the surface of resolving so many issues.  Thought-provoking stuff, Louise.

Thanks,
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2008, 08:40:17 pm »
Ah, I wish I had the day to while away psychologizing a bit more on Colson's family, but alas I have been at work for the past 9 hours implementing some software updates, and fortunately it has gone extremely well and has been about 99% successful.

I am hoping to be able to write later but I feel pretty wrung out.

Thanks for the comments, as always!!! you always have something interesting to say - all of you!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2008, 06:34:26 pm »
Okay, I caught up on my sleep, had my nap, and now it's Sunday and I am all out of excuses, so I'm writing the next chapter!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2008, 07:17:14 pm »
and here we are!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/261045.html  "Chapter 17"