Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173679 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2008, 09:09:14 pm »
SPOILERS

Well, that must've been a great nap, Louise! 

“You shoulda. Don’t you know havin women lustin after you brings out my jealous streak?”

LOL! I love it!  Now that's putting a positive spin on things! Those tapes and the walks must be working!  I'm relieved to see Ellery in a better frame of mind - and I'm really glad the boys are getting some nice alone time. 

But, speaking of women...Colson had me scratching my head a little with this remark:

...it was her idea ta boot me out in the first place...” Colson muttered

Well, he's right that it's not his fault the divorce didn't "cure" nothin, as he put it, but as for the "booting out" part- I wonder what he thinks Laura should've done :-\

Looks like Wes and Edna have some houseguests for at least the immediate future....and the fact that Katie Ann is already pouting after only 24 hours .....hmmmm.....my head is already spinning! LOL!

You've worked your magic again, Louise - thanks!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2008, 02:53:43 am »
and here we are!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/261045.html  "Chapter 17"

Great chapter Louise.

I'm glad Colson and Ellery get to spend some time together. It was good to hear Colson repeat the fact to Katie Ann and Pam that he had to get home to be with Ellery. They still are in 'we're moving in with daddy' mode and they are bound to be dissapointed about that.

And now with Laura gone, I do fear they will get back to 'avoiding' all the issues between them. Like what Colson said about the divorce. Marie raises a good question, what was Laura supposed to do?

I think we've only begon scratching the surface on this one.

Thanks Louise!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2008, 11:49:30 pm »
Hope it isnt too late for an update for all of you hungry readers!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/261183.html  'Chapter 18'
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2008, 06:50:15 am »
Interesting revelation in the last paragraph.

Thanks, Louise.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2008, 08:14:56 am »
SPOILERS

...Come on now ya lunk, yer heavy when you ain’t fuckin.”

LOL!  Have I told you lately how much I love Ellery? - and Colson, too.  The "pillow talk" dialogue is brilliant.  After all these stories, I still continue to be amazed by how natural and fresh and "real" the dialogue is. 

Yes, I agree - that was an interesting revelation in the last paragraph - as well as sad and pathetic.  Sigh.  I hope the boys get some more rest because about the only thing I can be sure of is that they're going to need it. 

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2008, 12:15:13 am »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2008, 07:43:02 am »
SPOILERS

You’ve seen how Colson gets when he ain’t around Ellery – I think he’s been lonesome without his girls.”

I think so, too - more than he realizes. 

"And now it begins,” Wes said, pocketing the note and sitting back down wearily. “I don’t envy that girl one whit.”

I don't either.  Poor Pam. It's a relief that Eldredge has been caught, of course - but experienced Sheriff Brown knows that Pam's nightmare is far from over.  She has no idea what is ahead of her - and she's going to need all the support she can get. 

Great story. Thanks!
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2008, 10:25:15 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2008, 09:22:39 am »
SPOILERS

Did I just hear Ellery refer to Paula as "really nice"?  Wonders never do cease! LOL!  Paula's kind offer should cement their truce even further, and he's right that she really is the perfect person to advise Pam.  Lineup?  Bah!!  And it would interesting, indeed, to see Paula and Laura interacting.....

I love how naturally you mingle the characters and the plot lines, Louise.....I'm sure we haven't heard the last from Jeremy and his issues on this, either....

Thanks,
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2008, 12:51:49 pm »
I was rather proud of the "Pro what?"  Ellery loses track when he starts using big legal words and doesn't realize that Colson's eyes start crossing about then!