Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173670 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2008, 01:07:21 pm »
I was rather proud of the "Pro what?"  Ellery loses track when he starts using big legal words and doesn't realize that Colson's eyes start crossing about then!

LOL!  I liked that, too!  Poor Colson's head still hadn't cleared from the "affidavits," "appearances," "preliminaries," and "arraigned" that Ellery threw at him!  "Free" is much better!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2008, 01:51:53 pm »
I've said it before, but Pam couldn't be in better hands that with Wes and Edna. And now Paula is helping her too. It's great that this 'broadens' Pams circle of friends, even though it's under such terrible circumstances.

And maybe the truce between Ellery and Paula (I love how he just decides to call her that even though Paula just made it clear she was keeping her distance! LOL) can be of some inspiration between Colson and Laura?

I'm enjoying this story immensly Louise. And thank you for posting every single day! It's just amazing.  :)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2008, 10:32:19 pm »
okay folks, the next phase of the drama!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/262431.html    Chapter 21!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2008, 09:40:17 am »
okay folks, the next phase of the drama!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/262431.html    Chapter 21!

SPOILERS

You weren't kidding about drama, Louise.  Being back home only seems to have increased Laura's irrational (and, to be frank - repugnant) attitude.  If she thinks Pam's ordeal is "ridiculous" (and if she still believes that Pam "asked for it") why does she want to "see her through it" at all?  To view your own daughter's rape as nothing more than another way of "competing" with your ex-husband.....well, I don't even know what to say about that.  I'm curious about what's been going on at her house since she's returned.  I have to believe it's been pretty ugly. 

“I wish yer friend Paula could a done it – she wouldn’t a argued with a D.A.”

Friend, huh?  Well, Paula's status in the Cantrell/Grey household got elevated pretty quickly.  LOL!  And rightly so. I can see already that Paula's presence and counsel is going to be invaluable - and not just because of her legal skills.  It can only be a good thing for Pam (and Katie Ann) to come in contact with an independent, intelligent and educated woman who knows she is the equal of any man. 

And, yeah, after that conversation, poor Colson definitely needs some quality time with his husband to lower his blood pressure.   :)

Wonderful, as always, Louise.  Thanks!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2008, 10:59:51 pm »
Amazing how much Paula has gone up in the estimation of Ellery and Colson, isn't it ?

heheh

And now... another kind of girl talk!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/262828.html  Chapter 22
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2008, 01:01:50 am »

Chapter 22 Spoilers

“You know that big study they did on sexuality with the sliding scale from 100% straight to 100% gay?”

“The Kinsey scale?”

“Yes that’s it. Believe me when I tell you Dreamboat Cantrell is all the way on the gay end. " *snort*

“I met his .. husband, too. Built like a brick shithouse as they say out here in the Wild West. Trains horses.” *double snort"

Let's bring Kelly to town-she sounds like a lot of fun. I was a little surprised at Paula's admission of fantasizing about Chief Deputy Dreamboat though.

You are on such a roll with this installment of the Greenlea Tales, Louise!

You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2008, 02:10:09 pm »
SPOILERS

...Let's bring Kelly to town-she sounds like a lot of fun...

Yes, let's!  Then Ellery can have two girlfriends - and both of them "girl lawyers," too! LOL!

You sure are on a roll, Louise - there wasn't one word in that conversation that didn't ring true.

...and the sheriff’s office up north didn’t care for my New York accent or the fact that the victim has a lawyer. I guess they thought they would discourage her from moving forward and it would go away.”

Yeah, the lineup thing was a bad sign.... >:(  - and a victim always has the right to private counsel!  The D.A.'s office in Prescott is making me more than a little uneasy....

Thanks,
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2008, 02:56:04 pm »
The genesis of Paula's 'real feelings' about Ellery can be found early in 'Dupree's Choice' when she places her first call to her confidant, Kelly.  Ellery caught her eye immediately, and later on, during the story 'The Chesterfield Fortune', she clashes with Ellery at the hospital and ends up bringing him home from the clinic with an episode of back pain, and that is the moment Colson becomes aware of some hidden feelings she may be harboring for him.

Nothing is ever easy in this town!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2008, 12:24:57 am »
better late than never...

"The Grey Girls:  Chapter 23":  http://louisev.livejournal.com/262977.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2008, 07:03:08 pm »
SPOILERS

“What a pair of pistols,” she said to herself, shaking her head.

LOL!  You can say that again! And why do I get the feeling that we ain't seen nothing yet? Thank goodness Ellery and Colson didn't hear that conversation!  Good grief.  Dreamboat Cantrell certainly has a powerful affect on women.....but I can't say I don't understand why.   ;D 

Thanks!
Marie