Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173674 times)

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2008, 01:07:52 am »
Chapter 25
Spoilers

Thank you Lord for giving me sons!!!

These girls are totally outta control!! If this is the result of Laura's influence as a mom then I feel sorry for the kids she has/is having with Steve!!

“Oh do tell,” Ellery clasped his hands together. “And I’d love some pie... I hear Katie Ann made it. It’s gonna have ta be real good ta go with this story.”

Would that be humble pie that Katie Ann made?? If so, I think she & Pam need the first two slices!!

Well-Wes & Edna always wanted a big family and I guess they are getting that wish granted in a really big way!

I must say though that Colson, while embarassed, has been keeping his cool strangely well recently. Although I like how Ellery didn't let him sneak out into the kitchen and away from the action!

And Ellery-lol!-I love the way he gives those girls more than enough rope to hang themselves with!

And this was great: “I’ll tell ya. But it ain’t for polite company,” Pam said, standing up, and went over to Ellery and whispered in his ear. He blanched. Ahhhh!!! Sisters!!! Always ready to rat you out!!

I am lmao with every installment! Thanks Louise!!

You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2008, 08:02:26 am »
SPOILERS

OMG, Louise - this was great.   :laugh:   I figured it would come out eventually, but that was fast; I should've known, with Chief Deputy Cantrell on the case!  He played Katie Ann like a violin.  I love that man. 

And, yeah, my mom (who had both) always said us girls were harder to handle! LOL!  But, I can't in fairness lay all of this at Laura's feet - Pam and Katie Ann are old enough to know better- and that's about the last thing in the world their mother would want them gossiping about.  And, after all, Daddy Colson wanted to slip out of the room and avoid dealing with the whole thing! LOL! 

...But you might want ta mind yer P’s and Q’s a bit more if ya don’t want ta be interferin in yer sister’s case here against this lowlife predator, Katie Ann,” Wes said.

Yes.  This is what concerns me.  Paula certainly has her work cut out for her.  And we haven't met the prosecutor yet - or the defense attorney.  :-\   

Never a dull moment in Tourmaline!  Great stuff, Louise.

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2008, 08:14:27 am »
I think Wes needs to make them write an essay!  ::)

But on the topic of 'letting something slip', well, a lot of people have let things slip in Tourmaline. Edna talking to Laura about the wedding, Colson talking to Wayne about ties and all that, just to name a few.

Maybe it's something in the water!  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2008, 10:02:21 am »
I think Wes needs to make them write an essay!  ::)

But on the topic of 'letting something slip', well, a lot of people have let things slip in Tourmaline. Edna talking to Laura about the wedding, Colson talking to Wayne about ties and all that, just to name a few.

Maybe it's something in the water!  ;D

Ha!  I like the essay idea.  And it's funny, I was thinking the same thing about the water - there is an endless list of "slippers' in that town!  ;D

But.....no matter how Katie Ann tries to define it - that was no slip on her part.  She deliberately asked Paula if she would keep everything they said in private - and then she spilled the beans about seeing Ellery naked.  Once she saw that Paula was interested, she couldn't wait to hand out that juicy little tidbit! LOL!  And apparently, she thought that keeping things private only applied to Paula - Ellery wasn't in the house for five seconds before she told him about Paula having a thing for men in uniforms!  I really do hope both the girls have learned a lesson here  - there's no room for "slips" and juicy bits of gossip in a legal proceeding.....so maybe it's best that this happened sooner rather than later!

And the next meeting between Paula and Ellery should be interesting - and awkward. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2008, 11:00:14 am »
I think the homily of the day that applies here is "Need to know basis!!"

thanks for all the great feedback.  Can you tell I grew up in a household full of sisters?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2008, 11:06:19 am »

And the next meeting between Paula and Ellery should be interesting - and awkward. 

Marie

Oh, yes definitely. Is Ellery going to 'let it slip'  ;D that he knows what she told the girls and what the girls told her?

Awkward indeed.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2008, 04:19:51 pm »
I think the homily of the day that applies here is "Need to know basis!!"

I think I've heard Reverend Sheriff Brown give that homily!  LOL!

Can you tell I grew up in a household full of sisters?

Well, that explains it - except that you know the boys really well, too, Louise!   :)

Oh, yes definitely. Is Ellery going to 'let it slip'  ;D that he knows what she told the girls and what the girls told her?

Awkward indeed.

Ha Ha!  And we know that Paula isn't much of a poker player, but we also know that Ellery is an excellent poker player!  So if Ellery lets it "slip" it won't be by accident!  ;D

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2008, 04:29:08 pm »
there might be some poker playing going on... who knows ...?

::)
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2008, 11:25:25 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2008, 07:34:03 am »
SPOILERS

Well, that was sad and pathetic, not to mention embarrassing.  Aside from the fact that she's treating her daughters horribly, Laura is making a fool out of herself.  I know she can't be heartless -  but I have to wonder what it will take to make her think of Pam's needs first, and to stop viewing everything as a competition between her and Colson.  Clearly she thinks Paula is just one more person on Colson's side in this "conspiracy" to separate her from her daughters.   :-\

It was easy for Paula to size the situation (and Laura) quickly.  I do wonder if maybe her thoughts regarding oppressive mothers come from personal experience. 

Nice to see Paula and Ellery both behaving like adults and professionals!

Thanks,
Marie