Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173648 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2008, 08:21:30 am »
Your right Marie, she IS treating both her daughters appallingly. I think she is an incredibly bitter and twisted woman, who simply can,t get over the past or let it go. She still feels so much resentment for Colson I think it,s affecting how she treats her daughters. She thinks everyone is against her all the time. Yes I know that finding out that Colson was gay had to hurt a LOT, no argument there, but come on, it was so long ago now. She,s really got to learn to get over herself  because right now the important one is Pam. She,s been raped for Christ,s sake and Laura is being an absolute cow. She,s thinking about herself and HER feelings ALL the time. It,s all "me me me" and "look at me, look how hurt I am, look what Colson did to me" etc etc. Get over it Laura, ffs and start acting like an adult and more importantly a mother, because if she,s not careful, she,ll loose those girls for good, and it will be entirely her own fault.  That,s my two cents for what it,s worth. Good to be back by the way.  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2008, 01:23:39 pm »
hey Souxi,

And it is great to have you back with all your bluff and bluster!  I love it!

Part of why it is useful to have Edna and Paula as part of the "extended family" is that it gives Colson's daughters some other role model than the emotionally frayed and bitter Laura, who has lots of reasons for being resentful, but none of them really help her children at all.  The fact that her resentments are being newly fueled by having an unexpected pregnancy and trouble at home, as well as being shown up by a fancy-pants "husband" for her ex, doesn't sit well either, so she is going to have to do something or simply explode.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2008, 01:31:44 pm »
Well I,m very glad you love my bluff and bluster Louise, about time someone did lol. :laugh:
As I said, I can fully see why Laura is so bitter and twisted and resentful, but she,s got to try and learn to deal with it and let it go, especially now she,s pregnant or she,s going to give herself high blood pressure and an ulcer.
I,m glad the girls are staying with Wes and Edna and I like the way Edna reminds them of their manners, I would too, although probably a bit more forcefully than Edna lol. :laugh:

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2008, 03:22:56 pm »
... and I like the way Edna reminds them of their manners, I would too, although probably a bit more forcefully than Edna lol. :laugh:

LOL!  It would have been great to see you at the Browns' dinner table the other night, souxi!  ;D

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2008, 03:36:02 pm »
LOL!  It would have been great to see you at the Browns' dinner table the other night, souxi!  ;D

Marie

Hahaha. Tell you what, could you imagine it if it was me, the Browns, those irritating girls and cousin Julia? OMFG that would be a riot lol.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Ok I,m off now because for the next five nights, it,s Most Haunted Live in Turin, which, so legend says, is the City of Satan!!! :o :o
So with any luck I,m going to be scared out of my wits lol.
See you all tomorow.
Souxi. xxx

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2008, 11:04:07 am »

last night I was out for a "goodbye" dinner with a colleague and didn't have a lot of time to do anything, so hopefully I will be back on track today with a new chapter!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2008, 06:22:35 pm »

last night I was out for a "goodbye" dinner with a colleague and didn't have a lot of time to do anything, so hopefully I will be back on track today with a new chapter!

That's ok Louise. Does anyone know what the equivalent of a meth clinic is when you miss a daily hit of your favorite slash?? (I feel the shakes coming on!)  ;)
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2008, 06:46:00 pm »
the Rereaders Clinic!  Or the archives of the commentaries that you can find right here in the Creative Writing Forum!

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2008, 07:54:07 pm »
the Rereaders Clinic!  Or the archives of the commentaries that you can find right here in the Creative Writing Forum!

;D
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2008, 08:51:44 pm »
and here is the chapter of the day du jour!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/264185.html  'Chapter 27'