Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173739 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2008, 03:12:08 am »
 :) I liked this 'chapter du jour'.

It seems the girls (I remember Colson referring to them as a 'gaggle of girls' in The Long Way Home  :laugh:) are driving everyone 'up in the curtains' as we say over here.  ;D

Next in line: their neighbours to be Jeremy and Nicky. Are they ready for lots of female silliness? Hmmm, I doubt it.

I liked it when Ellery said 'I need a little time with my man.' Good plan Ellery!

And it's good that Joe is in such a good mood, eating his muffins! I can resist just about anything except temptation.  :laugh: Ain't that the truth.

Thanks Louise.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2008, 09:46:51 am »
It seems the girls (I remember Colson referring to them as a 'gaggle of girls' in The Long Way Home  :laugh:) are driving everyone 'up in the curtains' as we say over here.  ;D

"Up in the curtains."  LOL!  Oh, I like that expression, Fabienne - and it sure fits.  Colson (a/k/a "Walking Guilt Trip") won't tell his girls that he can't spend all day playiing with them - he has an actual JOB to do - and the girls are so excited about being free from Prescott and Laura and thrilled to be getting Daddy's attention and in need of some distraction that they are oblivious.  Something has to give.  God bless Edna and Wes - they can't skip the second helping of pie and go home! LOL!

Next in line: their neighbours to be Jeremy and Nicky. Are they ready for lots of female silliness? Hmmm, I doubt it.

I doubt it, too.  And I'm very interested to see J&N's reaction to the twins once they get to know them a little better - and the twins' reaction to J&N.  If I remember,  Jeremy met them at E&C's house once and Nick saw them briefly when they came into the bar at Christmas. 

And Joe quoting Oscar Wilde - I love that guy!  :laugh:

Don't think we've seen Ellery work on a child abuse case before.  Really tough stuff.   >:(

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2008, 10:46:26 pm »
and now, chapter 28: http://louisev.livejournal.com/264317.html

which might rightly be titled 'Friday Night at the Fights'
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2008, 11:12:59 pm »
and now, chapter 28: http://louisev.livejournal.com/264317.html

which might rightly be titled 'Friday Night at the Fights'

Or maybe "Fright Night" seeing as how it ended on a mighty scary note!!  :o lol!! Poor Colson!
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2008, 11:37:33 pm »
SPOILERS

No one can move a story along with dialogue like you, Louise!  This chapter is an instant classic. 

“Tell ya what. If ya die just gimme a call an I’ll be sure ta come by.”

LOL!  And I love Ellery adopting the Wes lingo -...."it's yer fearless leader."

“None a yer pains in the ass, sweetheart, just one a mine.  Too funny - that's exactly what I was thinking while he was talking to Wayne!

Fright Night, for sure, Fran!  Could you hear me screaming "No, don't answer the phone!"  A call from Laura - what a perfect way to top off Colson's day.    ::)

Thanks, Louise
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2008, 11:49:16 pm »
I sort of figured you'd like this chapter!  It brings back to mind Ellery's Percodan-dazed first night with his answering machine, when Wayne kissed Colson down at the bar and Ellery wasn't picking up the phone.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2008, 04:50:35 am »
Hahahaha, great chapter Louise.

It's not only Colson that has kids to deal with!  :laugh:

Loved the Wayne conversation. Great stuff.

And can someone book that holiday in Puerto Rico NOW please???
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2008, 07:07:53 pm »
someone may have to!  And call the exterminator!

Here's chapter 29: http://louisev.livejournal.com/264617.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2008, 09:43:02 pm »
someone may have to!  And call the exterminator!

Here's chapter 29: http://louisev.livejournal.com/264617.html

SPOILERS

Add "call the phone company" to that list!  Holy Shit, Louise.  Laura has seriously gone off the deep end and she's digging herself in deeper and deeper by the minute!  Doesn't she have a young son at home with her?  I'm not sure she's capable of caring for him at this point.  And when will it hit her that Ellery knows she's pregnant and that Edna must've spilled the beans? 

You’d best make sure I stay close by so Pam don’t get herself in a heap a trouble...

I think you've got that backwards, Laura.  Thank God Ellery knows the law and can't be intimidated by her crazy rantings!  He handled her perfectly (have I mentioned lately how much I love Ellery?).  No, it's certainly not in the best interest of the prosecutor to make Pam look bad, but the defense attorney ......... :-\. Well, deep breath.  One step at a time.

This is some story! Thanks!
Marie

P.S.  Lauren is sweet, but if I hear one more word about those effin' mice, I may have to kick his ass along with Wayne's! LOL!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2008, 10:49:57 pm »
hahahahah 'those effin mice!'

I love to read your comments, Marie!  Whoo wee!  And everyone else's too!  Maybe that's why I keep writing this crazy stuff!