Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173643 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2008, 11:16:01 pm »
okay, no I haven't forgotten!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/265496.html  'Chapter 33'
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #141 on: April 05, 2008, 07:43:53 am »
We know you'd never forget your Tourmaline boys (and girls), Louise.   :)

SPOILERS

I like Nick's practicality and matter-of-factness; a nice counter-point to all the drama.  This is going to be a huge adjustment for both girls, especially Pam; but, hopefully, being somewhat independent will help both of them mature.  I'm glad they have a support system in place, though, because there is no way that Pam can fully realize what is in store for her. 

I'm also glad the girls got to see Daddy and Uncle Ellery grousing at each other a bit so that they don't have an overly idealized view of any relationship.  Changing phone numbers is a good thing; but I have an uncomfortable feeling about the restraining order..........

It was a brief visit, but it would be interesting to hear J&N's private impressions of the quick glimpse they got of the girls and the situation.  There's always so much going on beneath the surface in every chapter!

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2008, 11:31:42 pm »
well gang, I started out a bit late today and got cracking on a long-overdue project with my taxes, and I am a bit blown out now.

Whew.

If anyone wants to know what I've been up to, I posted on my blog.  But that part is done, I probably have another hour or two to check math and fill out some 'clean' forms before getting the stuff ready to post, but for THIS weekend, the tax thing is DONE.  I am hoping to have my stamina back so I can resume my story tomorrow, and maybe send out some new resumes.

I am hoping to hear about the gummint job in Oklahoma City on Monday and a possible screening interview.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2008, 04:02:13 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2008, 06:07:05 pm »
SPOILERS

I've been waiting for the Teddy Eldredge connection to be made and now it has been.  I'm glad Pam has Paula in her corner. 

I'm glad Wes was able to ease Colson's mind a little.  But I'm wondering what kind of ideas he has for putting the reins on Laura....I think Wes should answer the phone the next time it rings, he seems to be the only one Laura's been intimidated by so far! 

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2008, 03:57:35 am »
SPOILERS

I've been waiting for the Teddy Eldredge connection to be made and now it has been.  I'm glad Pam has Paula in her corner. 

I'm glad Wes was able to ease Colson's mind a little.  But I'm wondering what kind of ideas he has for putting the reins on Laura....I think Wes should answer the phone the next time it rings, he seems to be the only one Laura's been intimidated by so far! 
Thanks, Louise!
Marie

Let me at her Marie, I,ll bloody intimidate the old cow with one of my famous Souxi glares. Apparantly my sons mates are terrifed of me, they think I,m well scary.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2008, 08:49:51 am »
Let me at her Marie, I,ll bloody intimidate the old cow with one of my famous Souxi glares. Apparantly my sons mates are terrifed of me, they think I,m well scary.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL! No doubt, souxi!  I think they're in need of a new bouncer at the bar - I'll bet the "Souxi glare" would work there, too!   :laugh:

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2008, 10:24:31 pm »
you are giving me evil ideas for new bar staff!

But now here is chapter 35!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/266198.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2008, 07:49:37 am »
SPOILERS

...weighed down with grief, tormented with guilt, or petrified with anxiety...

What an awful way to live.  That breaks my heart - for both Colson and Ellery.  It's understandable that his fears and anxieties (which are not completely baseless) would surface again.  Vengeance is such a hollow shell.  Does Laura feel better after gossiping to the detective and making sure Colson knew?  Not at all.   

“We’ll get through this too, ya know.”

It's wonderful to see how supportive and protective the boys are of each other's needs (and the little bit about who is the best shot in the county was sweet).   :)

And I can't believe I'm saying this - but it was a relief to hear about those effin' mice again! LOL!  And Ellery's standard "..the bar burnin down?” always makes me laugh. 

Beautifully written chapter, Louise - thanks!

Marie
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:41:23 am by mariez »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2008, 12:13:44 pm »
SPOILER!

It was a bit unexpected for me too but ... this is the nature of his legacy of being in the closet.  By now it's more like a bad habit but there isn't any way to deal with it except head-on, and with a lot of liquor!