Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173659 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2008, 01:37:19 pm »
No way out but through, right?

I thought it was sad that Ellery thinks that Colson is still ashamed of who he is. I think at this point, it's more fear. And Colson has been right to be fearful.

I was thinking driving home from work that, although there have been attacks against Colson and Ellery, Colson has been in a supportive environment on a daily basis since moving to Tourmaline. Ellery's colleagues, Wes and Edna, the customers at the Red Stallion, they accepts him for who he is. I wonder how many other people in Tourmaline know about them? I suppose a lot of people do.
And now, with the girls settling in Tourmaline, making friends or even, in the long term, starting a family there, more people will know about their father. It's inevitable. Maybe Colson hasn't given this any thought, but he will have to find a way to get used to this.

I hope they get through the whole Pam ordeal ok.

Thanks Louise!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2008, 11:05:51 pm »
okey doke... sorry I have been somewhat preoccupied the last couple of days, but I pulled my mind together for an extra-length chapter of Ellery goodness!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/266382.html  Chapter 36
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2008, 07:56:48 am »
Well, there's not many things better than extra-length Ellery goodness!   ;D

SPOILERS

I agree with Ellery that I don't believe Pam is telling a lie about the rape.  But I also agree with Paula - it is odd that Pam didn't mention the fact that she had dated Teddy Eldredge, even if it was just a "passing fancy."  And, more importantly, a defense attorney is going to pounce on that fact and try to run with it.  Poor Pam.  I fear she's going to find out why many sexual assault victims choose to remain silent.   >:(   

Well then I guess my next call is the hard one, to go over all of this with Pam.”

Yes, Paula has her work cut out for her - a delicate situation that has to be handled frankly. 

Add Paula to the growing list of people who now know Laura's "secret" about her  pregnancy.  Ol' Ben Franklin sure knew what he was talking about when he said "three can keep a secret if two are dead." 

Really great stuff, Louise.  Thanks!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2008, 10:39:44 am »
Spoilers

What's this about Ellery's extra length??? (Oh goodness-yes of course what was I thinking?)  ::)

Okay call me suspicious but did that discussion really need to be had over breakfast at the diner? Methinks ADA

Samuelson may be subconsciously using her position as Pam's attorney to get in a little social time with the

unavailable yet hunky Chief Deputy. You know, like when you're in high school and you join a club just so you can

spend time with someone you're crushing on even though you have zero chance of catching the person's eye.

I'm not blaming her for it, I'd probably do the same thing.  ;)

I can see her trying to make this a weekly thing. And I love Ellery sweet talking the waitress while Paula must have

been sitting there thinking "What the hell.....?"

Terrific as always Louise!!
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2008, 11:11:53 pm »
Chapter 37 for the changeup!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/266698.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2008, 08:48:06 am »
Chapter 37 for the changeup!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/266698.html

SPOILERS

The changeup and some curveballs, too!  I did have the feeling the plea agreement was going to be in trouble, but Amos's new attorney was a surprise.  That's all Colson and Ellery need on top of everything else - a Beagle reminder.  And who are these other new clients in Greenlea County that Eagleton and Spry have taken on?  That can't be good.

Wes, as usual, gave Ellery good advice about the restraining order.  That idea was making me uncomfortable and I don't think it would have been helpful at all in the long run.  The phone number, however, does need to be changed "toot sweet" as Wes would say. 

...an then when she never did get pregnant I began ta worry somethin worse was wrong with her.”

Ellery's not the only one who wants to hear more about this!  Not a good day for Ellery's blood pressure, but he did keep his cool in the meeting, so he is learning. 

Now what?

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2008, 11:43:07 pm »
and this is now what!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/266960.html  'Chapter 38'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #157 on: April 14, 2008, 07:34:52 am »
SPOILERS

Paula handled that well.   I do hope Pam remembers to keep all her answers short and specific.  Laura didn't even want her 20 year old daughter to talk to boys?  Oh, my. 

Poor thing.  On top of everything else, she's still counting days and worrying about a pregnancy.   And speaking of pregnancies, I wonder if the next time Laura calls the Cantrell/Grey household she'll get a recording telling her that number is no longer in service!  That should bring about some interesting reactions.....

Great job, Louise.  Thanks!
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2008, 01:12:17 am »
sorry for the irregular postings, folkses... I had some personal business to attend to and I'm still a little too fascinated with political blogging, but I promise I will be resuming work on this story as soon as possible!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2008, 10:52:54 pm »
and finally, chapter 39!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/267048.html 

a little humor.