Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173710 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #180 on: April 24, 2008, 08:13:52 am »
Sure maybe it is painfull for Laura, but think how much more painful it is for poor Pam, she was the one who was raped. I think Laura is a selfcentred hateful bitter twisted old cow. She thinks about no one but herself. Her daughter has gone through one of the worst things a woman can possible go through and she needs her mothers love and support. Laura is going to end up a very lonely old woman, because she,ll drive everyone away from her at this rate. She,ll have no one to blame but herself for that. I'm having a bad week and I,m right out of sympathy, can you tell?  :laugh:

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2008, 08:28:50 am »
Sure maybe it is painfull for Laura, but think how much more painful it is for poor Pam, she was the one who was raped. I think Laura is a selfcentred hateful bitter twisted old cow. She thinks about no one but herself. Her daughter has gone through one of the worst things a woman can possible go through and she needs her mothers love and support. Laura is going to end up a very lonely old woman, because she,ll drive everyone away from her at this rate. She,ll have no one to blame but herself for that. I'm having a bad week and I,m right out of sympathy, can you tell?  :laugh:

souxi, I'm not trying to defend Laura and I'm certainly not trying to deny poor Pam's anguish - I was just giving my thoughts on your question about "why" Laura can't accept the fact that Pam was raped.  It's totally frustrating to try and apply logic to irrational behavior.  And I completely agree that if she continues in this manner she will end up alone. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2008, 04:47:03 pm »
mooooore story!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/268246.html  'Chapter 43'
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2008, 09:28:39 pm »
SPOILERS

....I’ve taken a belt ta my boy.”

Hmm...ya know, Esteban, I think you're making Joe's case for him.  Larry, Jr. isn't exactly an advertisement for the success of corporal punishment. 

I'm glad to see that Paula seems to be hitting her stride as a.d.a.  And it's really nice to see her and Ellery working together so well, but the cirumstances are so sad.  I agree that Pam shouldn't be burdened with the details of Laura's note, but I think Paula did the right in obtaining the restraining order.  After the phone call from Teddy, the note, and Laura's behavior with Paula, I don't see how Wes could make an argument against one, but I am concerned about Laura's reaction when she's served.  I'm very interested in finding out what Detective Blue is up to, also - and if the prosecutor is aware of it. 

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #184 on: April 28, 2008, 06:12:18 pm »
thank you all once again for all of your comments, particularly Marie who is here all the time, I thrive on comments!

In case you don't follow my blog, I am doing my last minute moving, cleaning, and errand things, and today is Jiffy Lube day for the car, so I just don't have a lot of time available right now to write. I  am hoping I have enough mental time to get some writing in while I am on my 4 day trip but I"m not promising anything there, either!!  Please be patient while I get relocated to my next destination, thanks!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #185 on: April 28, 2008, 10:22:20 pm »
okey doke, chapter 44!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/268486.html

This might be the last chapter I can get done before leaving town so it's extra large!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #186 on: April 29, 2008, 07:49:13 am »
okey doke, chapter 44!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/268486.html

This might be the last chapter I can get done before leaving town so it's extra large!

What a nice surprise this morning - you're too good to us, Louise!

SPOILERS

Can't say it enough - thank God for Wes!  I'm relieved he served Laura personally.   You could hear the years of experience in every measured, wise word he spoke.  I thought it was so telling that Laura basically ignored everything Wes said about the rape and Pam trying to seek justice and focused once again on the fact that Pam is moving away from her and taking up with her "pervert Daddy."  And I see that she now includes Katie Ann as part of the conspiracy.  When (if) the truth finally hits her about Pam's assault, I'm afraid it's going to hit very, very hard.  I'm more than curious about what's been going on in Prescott with the detectives and prosecutor.  And Laura said there would be no threats in her letter to Pam, but will it be loaded with guilt trips?

That was excellent!

Thanks,
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2008, 10:58:20 am »
Well gang, here it is, my last day at my job in California, and I am going to be packing up and getting ready to go when I arrive home.  My cable modem is packed in a box ready to go back to Comcast and I have to go pick up a prescription as I head out of town, so I won't be writing anymore before I go.

I hope things have got to a comfortable "pause" in the story so you can wait a few days, because I have to go off and drive all day for the next four days!

thanks for your patience and as always, for the wonderful comments!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2008, 03:40:12 pm »
Have a safe trip Louise! 4 days huhn? You're certainly not travelling round the coffeepot looking for the handle are you?  :)

I think I'll do some rereading...

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2008, 05:57:07 pm »
no I sure am not!  I get around, Fabienne!  And I will be posting some photos of various places on my blog.
I wrote my itinerary up  there - from northern California, through northern Utah, across southern Wyoming, Nebraska southwest to northeast, Iowa right across the middle, and across the top of Illinois.

At the height of spring!