Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173660 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2008, 02:43:16 pm »
SPOILERS

Okay, first :

“If that is Wayne on the front porch with a mouse in a box I swear I’ll make em eat it,” Ellery said, tugging his arm back from under Colson’s shoulder.

:laugh:  Not only can I picture that perfectly, I can't dismiss the idea that it may still happen!

How I wish Paula had gotten a hold of Ellery before the girls barged in and scared Colson to death with their (well-intentioned, I know!) jumbled version of events.   But I am relieved that Ellery is aware so that he can start the ball rolling on teaching Blue and Langtree a few things.....

And speaking of Blue and Langtree...I guess I'm seeing an additional angle to this entire sorry mess.  There are now two more men who have used Laura and made a fool of her for their own purposes. They may be the first ones who have done it with malice - but the effect is the same.

I think this may be the most complex of the tales (that's a good thing!) and that's saying something. 

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2008, 03:39:08 pm »
well if I have a chapter on Wayne eating a mouse I think that will be the end of my reputation, Marie!!

and it didn't start off complex, it just sorta... ended up that way!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2008, 04:19:04 pm »
well if I have a chapter on Wayne eating a mouse I think that will be the end of my reputation, Marie!!

LOL!!! No, no, Louise!  Not the part about eating a mouse, the part about him showng up with one at the door! 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2008, 01:53:02 pm »
and a Memorial Day chapter!

Chapter 50:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/270333.html

Okay....I've just read the first paragraphs of this chapter and LOUISE!!! You should definitely think about putting in an 'do not start to read this while you've having a drink in front of your computer, you might end up spitting all over the screen because you're laughing so loud' alert.

I mean, really, OMG, I can just picture this...'Daddy!!' Daddy???  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

*off to read the rest, now that I've calmed down a bit*

:)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2008, 02:00:27 pm »
Gosh, I guess this is what they call 'the sh%t hitting the fan'  :-\

As usual, Ellery's right about giving Paula a call immediately. And Colson needs to calm down.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #225 on: May 27, 2008, 04:13:24 pm »

well gee Fabienne I thought as a veteran of the Greenlea Tales you had already learned that lesson!

Okay....I've just read the first paragraphs of this chapter and LOUISE!!! You should definitely think about putting in an 'do not start to read this while you've having a drink in front of your computer, you might end up spitting all over the screen because you're laughing so loud' alert.

I mean, really, OMG, I can just picture this...'Daddy!!' Daddy???  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

*off to read the rest, now that I've calmed down a bit*

:)
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #226 on: May 27, 2008, 04:17:03 pm »
well gee Fabienne I thought as a veteran of the Greenlea Tales you had already learned that lesson!

I know, I know! *slaps forehead*

It was a hilarious scene though... :laugh:

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2008, 10:11:29 pm »
Workin in a coal mine!

I haven't forgotten our Tourmaline denizens... but I have been working extra hours on some things for my job and I just finished a 12 hour stint, part of it from home now that they have provided me with remote access and a laptop.  The fun never ends!

Fortunately despite a major emergency, we solved the crisis and ended Friday back on track without jeopardizing the schedule for our system going live... and maybe tomorrow I'll have enough brain power to write again!!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #228 on: May 31, 2008, 09:35:53 am »
Workin in a coal mine!

...Goin' down down down.... 

Now I'll have that song stuck in my head all day!  LOL!

I hope you had a restful night after such stressful day(s).  Take care of yourself, Louise - we'll be here (and I have faith in your considerable brain power).  :)

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2008, 09:56:13 pm »
hahahah, I spent the day doing something very peculiar, watching live streaming CSPAN video of the Democratic Party Rules and Bylaws Committee argue over the primary results for Florida and Michigan.

It was... um... relaxing!