Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173807 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2008, 04:04:12 pm »
And yes it,s true that Colson probably does have to snap out of it. He,s hurting Ellery something awful talking about leaving him.  He can,t change the past, but he can try and change the present. Don,t let Laura ruin your life Colson. Don,t let the old bitch ruin your relationship with Ellery. Toughen up and face it like a man. I,ll deal with Laura, no problem atall. muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
 ;) ;D

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2008, 04:23:59 pm »
I think that half the reason Colson wants to run now, as apose to before, is because Laura has got the police involved in looking into him. Even though Ellery is a policeman the law still pretty much terrifies him doesn't it? The thought of his past/background being investigated must be scaring him beyond belief....

Oh, you're right - Colson is absolutely terrified of the police/authority figures!  And that's why I don't think this has to do with fears of being dragged out of his house and beaten - Det. Blue and the prosecutor aren't going to do that and he knows it.  But they could expose him to a larger group of people outside of the safety zone Ellery has created for him in Tourmaline. I understand that.  But it almost seems that he doesn't want to listen to Ellery's reassurances that he can't be prosecuted - he's fighting that logic tooth and nail.  So the deeper questions still remain. 

Hmm, doesn't Edna have a rolling pin? Didn't Wes make a comment about that once?  ;)  ;D

:laugh:  Oh, there have to be a lot of interesting utensils in Edna's kitchen! 

This is preying on my mind about now so don't be surprised if you see an update again quite soon!  After a hectic 14 hour Friday things have settled back down at work and I am doing a lot less actual technical thinking so I might just be able to pull off some during-the-week updates!  Stay tuned!!!

You're the best, Louise!  Thanks! :-*

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2008, 08:41:02 pm »
and here it is, without any ado whatsoever!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/271409.html  Chapter 55 !
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2008, 10:39:33 pm »
and here it is, without any ado whatsoever!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/271409.html  Chapter 55 !

SPOILERS

You've had a lot of truly fine moments, Louise - but this is surely one of your finest.  I'm so incredibly moved by the wisdom and depth and sheer beauty of your writing.  A powerful chapter that will stay with me for a long time.

Thank you.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2008, 11:46:17 pm »
awwww *blush* thanks!

I got a lot of hits on this chapter today, I'm glad I stayed up to write it!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #255 on: June 17, 2008, 05:02:38 am »
Boy that was tough on  Colson.  :(I know it was necessary and had to be done, but I still feel so sorry for him. He lost Adam, and now he thinks that because of his hateful ex wifes interference, he's going to loose Ellery too. He can't risk that so he's doing the only thing he knows how to do.....run away.  When this is all over, can our boys PLEASE have their honeymoon?? They need it desperatly. But NO speedos on the beach. ewwwww@speedos. Nice tight denim shorts will suffice, or skinny dipping.  ;) ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #256 on: June 23, 2008, 07:57:42 pm »
sorry for the delay, folks... I got into doing a bit of 'recreational reading' and my job has been taking up space in my head again.  I have to work this upcoming weekend and I'm doing job interviewing (again, again! I know I know!) but I will try to see if Colson and Ellery are ready to tell me what happens next!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #257 on: June 25, 2008, 07:34:15 pm »
okay folks, I finally got off my duff!  Actually, I was able to stop looking for a job this week due to getting my contract extended through the summer and into the fall, so my life has reached a very pleasing stage of stability!  and here is the next chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/271658.html  Chapter 56

However, be forewarned, we are drawing near the conclusion of 'The Grey Girls.'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #258 on: June 26, 2008, 09:25:23 am »
Hey, Louise!

I've been MIA for a few days - I didn't know you'd started the interview thing again -  I'm happy you've reached that pleasing stage of stability - Congratulations!

SPOILERS

“Yeah ya did.”

“No I didn’t.”

“Yeah. Ya did.”

Yeah, ya did, Colson - I heard it, too!   :)  Really wonderful to see that grin back on Ellery's face!  And some nice, open conversation with the girls - hope there's more of that.

You really have me curious about the conclusion ......there seems to be so much that's unresolved....I'm guessing a lot of things will be carried over into the next tale ?   ;D  Yes, I'm greedy. 

Thanks!
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #259 on: June 29, 2008, 12:51:38 pm »
hey folks, I am working on a production project all this weekend and working odd hours all this next week. So I am a LITTLE BIT TIED UP.  I will be wrapping up the story as soon as I get some breathing space.  This working all weekend is great for the pocketbook but not great for my fans!