Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173653 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #290 on: July 22, 2008, 11:08:41 am »
er, no?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #291 on: July 22, 2008, 01:01:20 pm »

Dang! Are they EVER going to get some peace and quiet?  :-\

Thanks Louise!

er, no?

Well, kudos for the honesty, Louise!  LOL! Sigh.  With all the sturm und drang, it was almost a relief to hear about those effin' mice again!  I loved hearing Jeremy chide Ellery about his "rookie mistake" and the "homosexual tendencies" talk was a hoot!  LOL! 

But, oh my.....the rib?  That's not good.  Not good at all.  (And I didn't see that coming either!   ;D )

Thanks for the stealth chapter!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #292 on: July 22, 2008, 01:32:41 pm »
come on now, I have been giving hints in the past ten chapters or so about Ellery's chest!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #293 on: July 22, 2008, 02:06:54 pm »
come on now, I have been giving hints in the past ten chapters or so about Ellery's chest!

I should re-word that.  You hardly ever give hints - so I didn't think you'd actually go through with it!  :laugh: 

And is it harder for a rib to go back into place the second time?   Good thing they were able to get some good fancy mansex in this morning b/c it looks like they're gonna have a dry spell, which won't improve anyone's mood I'm sure.   :-\

Good grief.  Now what?

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #294 on: July 22, 2008, 05:35:27 pm »
dry spells are a real pain in the you know what!

But to find out what all's going to transpire... STAY TUNED.

I might actually get another chapter written tonight... just like the good old days!  I know I don't have to cook so there just might be time to squeeze it in!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #295 on: July 22, 2008, 08:34:01 pm »
well lookie here, it's chapter 63!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/273647.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #296 on: July 22, 2008, 10:37:02 pm »
well lookie here, it's chapter 63!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/273647.html

SPOILERS

It's hard to explain why I love this chapter so much.  Even though Ellery is in bed with his rib problem, it still has such a nice, comfortable rhythm and such a sense of serenity about it.  I think Jeremy's presence has a lot to do with that.  He is such a steady rock and a true friend.  It also brought back some nice memories.  Those early chapters when Colson put up the bird feeder were always some of my favorites and it was lovely to re-visit that and see him take pleasure and comfort in his little friends.
And I especially love that Jeremy has a chance now to be the one to give advice and support, in the same way Colson supported him when he first met Nick.   And what great advice - an out-the-door I love you, a kiss on the cheek, a pat on the ass.  Yep, those little things can make a world of difference. 

“What the hell do you two get up to that he pops a rib out of his chest?” Jeremy asked, disbelieving.

LOL!  And so funny how Ellery kept yelling stuff from the bedroom! 

A classic chapter, for sure.  Thanks, Louise!

Marie

P.S.  I'm glad that Colson's been thinking about his conversation with Laura at the motel - too late to take back the words, but it speaks well of how far he's come that it's been weighing on him. 

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2008, 01:02:47 am »
SPOILERS

It's hard to explain why I love this chapter so much.  Even though Ellery is in bed with his rib problem, it still has such a nice, comfortable rhythm and such a sense of serenity about it.  I think Jeremy's presence has a lot to do with that.  He is such a steady rock and a true friend.  It also brought back some nice memories.  Those early chapters when Colson put up the bird feeder were always some of my favorites and it was lovely to re-visit that and see him take pleasure and comfort in his little friends.
And I especially love that Jeremy has a chance now to be the one to give advice and support, in the same way Colson supported him when he first met Nick.   And what great advice - an out-the-door I love you, a kiss on the cheek, a pat on the ass.  Yep, those little things can make a world of difference. 

“What the hell do you two get up to that he pops a rib out of his chest?” Jeremy asked, disbelieving.

LOL!  And so funny how Ellery kept yelling stuff from the bedroom! 

A classic chapter, for sure.  Thanks, Louise!

Marie

P.S.  I'm glad that Colson's been thinking about his conversation with Laura at the motel - too late to take back the words, but it speaks well of how far he's come that it's been weighing on him. 

There's nothing much I can add to that. I'm glad I got to read this before we leave (it's 7 am here LOL). Colson and Ellery aren't going anywhere, so we decided to do the holiday-ing in their place. It's a tough job, I know  ;D

We'll be back next tuesday. I hope Ellery's rib will be better by then!  :)

Thanks Louise, for a great chapter!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2008, 11:39:09 am »
well now that you all know I do foreshadowing, you won't be in the least surprised at some of the things that come next!

And yes I hope to be writing again tonight!  Some of the mental pressure is off at work and it is allowing me to think a bit more clearly.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2008, 09:12:38 pm »