Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173696 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #300 on: July 24, 2008, 03:02:48 pm »
and the next chapter 63!!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/273865.html

SPOILERS

Good news that it's not as bad as last time!  But Friday is going to take forever to get here for these two .....

I like that Ellery always manages to put in a good word for Jeremy when he's with Doc Sampson. 

“There was shit goin on at the time, sweetheart, don’t look at me that way!”

Uh, I hate to state the obvious, Ellery - but there's always shit goin on with you two!  LOL!  The easy "I love ya no matter what" and shoullder pat were sweet.  Jeremy done good!   :)

Thanks, Louise!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #301 on: July 24, 2008, 04:26:06 pm »
Ellery always likes to imagine that his ignoring his own warning signs are due to external factors.  The true sign of someone who doesn't look after himself.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #302 on: July 24, 2008, 09:49:38 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #303 on: July 25, 2008, 01:03:31 pm »
change up!

Chapter 65:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/273970.html

SPOILERS

Ah, yes - I've been wondering about ol' Amos.  Poor Jeremy.  I understand his nervousness, but I know he'll do fine.  He always comes through when he needs to.  And so does Paula. 

Three years for Eldredge?  Shit.  That sucks.  But I don't want Pam to go through a trial.  I wonder if Laura really understands the repercussions of her actions.  Sigh. 

I can tell that you like the law and order stuff - you do it so well.   :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #304 on: July 26, 2008, 01:48:11 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #305 on: July 26, 2008, 09:22:17 pm »
SPOILERS

Louise, I thought the deal was five years probation, but he only serves three? 

Well, it wasn't hard to convince Pam.  I understand how much she wants to put it all behind her, but I have to believe that won't be as easy to do as Pam might think.   :-\  Paula's conversation with Laura will be very interesting, to say the least. 

“Poor boy has a trick rib now I imagine,” Edna said..

LOL!  Ellery and his famous "trick rib."  If Colson could hear his girls......

Oh, and that reminds me:  Note to Colson:  I know there's crap flying all around you and you're stressed out, but Paula is being very generous in doing your daughter a big favor here, so maybe next time you cross paths with her, a polite "thank you" might be in order?  You are 'Mr. Please and Thank You" after all!    ;)

Thanks, Louise!
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #306 on: July 27, 2008, 11:34:24 am »
you are absolutely right, I was getting the two plea offers mixed in my mind, I corrected it on the chapter!

He may be Mr. Please and Thank You but when his man is hurting, Mr. Coyote can be gruff!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #307 on: July 28, 2008, 06:17:54 pm »
He may be Mr. Please and Thank You but when his man is hurting, Mr. Coyote can be gruff!

So very true.  I do love that big, strong, walking paradox of a man!   :)

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #308 on: July 31, 2008, 12:07:21 pm »
sorry for the lack of updates, but I am doing two things this week - changing projects, and changing homes.  last week I had a "finishing up lull" and now is the "finishing up last minute stuff!"  along with hauling my food and suitcases and computers over to my new place.

But I feel quite chipper about it all!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2008, 10:12:05 pm »
and here is a new chapter of The Grey Girls!!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/274579.html