Author Topic: home remedies  (Read 5958 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: home remedies
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 07:42:39 pm »
Paw paw is a tropical fruit.......maybe you call it papaya.....oval shaped yellowy/orange fruit, with lots of little black seeds in the middle....

Tastes and smells like vomit.........have to have a taste for it.

I just looked it up on net...there are some things there about the ointment......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 04:47:03 am »
I learmed this technique as a child and have used it sporadically ever since.  It does seem to work sometimes.

When I was pregnant I had a couple of months of morning sickness (all day sickness really).  The only thing that worked for me was Sea-Bands, which work by applying pressure to the points on the insides of the wrists.  Cut my nausea about in half and allowed me to function.  I didn't take them off for the entire 2 months - even wore them in the shower.  My little lifesavers!

i used those too, but i they didn't work for me. i ended up on....i can't remember, some prescription for nausea, which i think was an antihystamine and vitamin B.,..or something like that.  didn't work much either, but boy was i sick!

does anyone have any recommendations for tiredness?  i seem to be always tired.  i've had my blood tested, and other things too, so i'm not sure what it is.  maybe it's my poor diet, or too much coffee, but i'm always so drained and tired.  if i could, i'd nap all damn day.
any ideas?
gensing, and other herbs don't seem to do much, so i don't know what to do next.  i'd love any responses or recommendations.
thanks.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 08:53:25 am »
Hydrogen peroxide to keep little skin scrapes clean.

Drinking more water to relieve a headache.

Sleep for everything.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 09:06:17 am »
Hydrogen peroxide to keep little skin scrapes clean.

Drinking more water to relieve a headache.

Sleep for everything.

:laugh: :laugh: Boy, that's the truth!! I want a NAP!!!!  :'( ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 12:59:15 pm »
I take a Vitamin B complex every day.  I think it helps keep my energy up.

yeah, thanks for the vitamin b advice.  i just don't find it does the trick. 
i don't always get enough sleep, that's for sure....but, damn.....i feel like i could sleep all day...and sometimes i do, and i'm still tired.  i feel tired and unmotivated.....and it's always seems to start about 2hrs after i wake up in the morning.  i'm thinking it's something to do with the amount of coffee i drink, but i certainly can't function without it either.  i did hear that coffee is a quick 'pick-me-up' with a huge downfall ....so maybe that's it.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 08:53:16 pm »
Horrid topic I know,but tea tree oil for head lice.It realy does work.We had a couple of outbreaks back in U.K amd I just did not feel good about sticking all those chemicals on my kids.
Also on GMA this morning green tea steeped for 20 mins and refrigerated then used after shampoo,for dandruff,can't remember all the rest but I guess they will be on their website.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 11:47:11 pm »
Horrid topic I know,but tea tree oil for head lice.It realy does work.We had a couple of outbreaks back in U.K amd I just did not feel good about sticking all those chemicals on my kids.
Also on GMA this morning green tea steeped for 20 mins and refrigerated then used after shampoo,for dandruff,can't remember all the rest but I guess they will be on their website.

good to know.  some lice cases broke out in my daughter's kindergarden, so i'm worried about it.  thanks for the info