Author Topic: Dumb and Dumber  (Read 6871 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: Dumb and Dumber
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 12:34:34 pm »
I often wonder how poll takers choose their subjects too.  At least one talk show host, Sean Hannity, regularly uses "polls," with questions such as "who is Vice President?" and "name three Supreme Court justices", but they're always aired to illustrate how dumb 'liberals' are, so what is actually aired on the show is more than a little, um, selective.

The only things I've ever been polled about were consumer products.

There are numerous scientifiic polls and professional surveys that show regardless of party or ideology most Americans are not familiar with even the basics of how the political system actually works, and they also don't know who the major players are.

Speaking of Sean Hannity, just for laughs I watched one of his "person on the street interviews" with assorted crowds in NYC  - none of whom knew who Dick Cheney was. The answers they gave were really funny.

I was polled yesterday by a Texas exit polling group as I lwas leaving my precinct after voting. They asked me 9 questions.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 07:08:49 pm »
Do you remember the 9 questions?

Where each dumb?

And they got dumber?

Or each OK?

Hugs!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 09:06:23 pm »
There are numerous scientifiic polls and professional surveys that show regardless of party or ideology most Americans are not familiar with even the basics of how the political system actually works, and they also don't know who the major players are.

Speaking of Sean Hannity, just for laughs I watched one of his "person on the street interviews" with assorted crowds in NYC  - none of whom knew who Dick Cheney was. The answers they gave were really funny.

I was polled yesterday by a Texas exit polling group as I lwas leaving my precinct after voting. They asked me 9 questions.

The only thing I was asked was about signing up for alternate electric company.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 09:42:19 pm »
Dumb and Dumber!! That could be the fault too of some TV shows?? !!

Watching Two and a Half Men, I find that the child is a portrait of being dumb, lazy, etc., getting to be too fat eating junk food, and that concerns me... in nearly all the shows, way, way too many ; and, on the other hand to-night, finally he smartens up... starts to do so! What a surprise! It's about time?

What do you think?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 10:25:28 am »
Was BRAVO dumb or dumber by cutting the BM movie ?