Author Topic: THIS is Why I Will NEVER Get on One of These Things!!!  (Read 19897 times)

injest

THIS is Why I Will NEVER Get on One of These Things!!!
« on: March 03, 2008, 09:13:26 pm »
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:08:28 am by injest »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: THIS is Why I Will NEVER Get on One of These Things!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 09:18:08 pm »
Never say never.  :P

Ye gods.   :o :o :o

The downdraft and crosswinds must have been a serious bitch to be blowing that plane around like that!!

Well done and great save, pilot. Bet they were all scared shitless.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 01:02:49 am by delalluvia »

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 12:53:18 am »
yes, that's scary alright, but it's being way up in the air that i hate.  the thought of plunging for all that distance straight to the ground can keep me from sleeping at night.
in fact, i often have nightmares about plane crashes.  scary stuff.  not the way i want to exit this world, that's for sure.
i would like to avoid them altogether, but we're going to mexico in november with my inlaws again, and i've got no choice in the matter.  i had to take adivan last time, but it didn't help much.
maybe this time i can be fully knocked out!  or drunk! lol

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 02:17:00 am »
so, injest...you've never been on one?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 05:22:38 am »
that is one GREAT pilot.... :o :o :o

Yes, he is!
This was last Saturday in Hamburg, Germany while a hurricane was blowing over the country. The actual state of affairs is that the tower directed the plane to the wrong runway. At the other runway the winds were less bad and coming from another direction.

The plane first got hit by a very strong squall (gust?) from the left, so it was pushed to the right. The pilot was able to balance the plane again, but then it was hit by a strong squall from the right and therefore pushed to the left and the left wing touched the ground. The pilot was thankfully quick and completely right with his decision to take off again.

The plane then circled for 15 minutes and finally landed safely on the other runway.

It is reported by a journalist who was on board that everybody on the plane was quiet. He said either people were pretty cool or in shock, but one way ot the other, there was no panic on board.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 08:58:26 am »

Yes, he is!
This was last Saturday in Hamburg, Germany while a hurricane was blowing over the country. The actual state of affairs is that the tower directed the plane to the wrong runway. At the other runway the winds were less bad and coming from another direction.

The plane first got hit by a very strong squall (gust?) from the left, so it was pushed to the right. The pilot was able to balance the plane again, but then it was hit by a strong squall from the right and therefore pushed to the left and the left wing touched the ground. The pilot was thankfully quick and completely right with his decision to take off again.

The plane then circled for 15 minutes and finally landed safely on the other runway.

It is reported by a journalist who was on board that everybody on the plane was quiet. He said either people were pretty cool or in shock, but one way ot the other, there was no panic on board.

Yep, saw that left wing touch and thought oh no!  Other planes have come to grief that way...
I also wonder, who the heck was standing under the runway to take the vid when a plane could've come down on their heads?!?!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 09:17:57 am »
He/She may have been a student pilot doing a training manuver called a "Touch and Go" they land and take right back off again, several times.

I wondered if this might be the case, the plane seemed light, I think with a full plane it would not be as sideways as it was, but this is all speculation on my part.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 11:38:49 am »
What keeps the plane in the air, no matter what it weighs, is simply lift.  If there is greater air pressure under the wings than over the wings, the plane will fly, simple as that.

That's how they explained how The Flying Nun could fly.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 07:00:24 pm »
shitting hell......... that is one scary video - that pilot is amazing!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 07:12:24 pm »
shitting hell......... that is one scary video - that pilot is amazing!

"shitting hell"?  that's helarious kelda.