Author Topic: The Blahs - What do YOU do?  (Read 3833 times)

susiebk

The Blahs - What do YOU do?
« on: March 05, 2008, 12:02:54 pm »

I am having one of those days.  The sun just seems a little less sunny (or maybe it really is, but that's a different story).  Work seems more like, well, WORK.  But I do have to get on with things.  So my temptation is to gobble down a bunch of carbs, which does help temporarily, but does no good for the diet.  What do YOU do to feel better when you are having a down moment or a down day?

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Blahs - What do YOU do?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 12:15:49 pm »
i take paxil....10mg.  lol

but, seriously, i don't know.  sometimes music helps.....and of course....bettermost forums help too! ;D
so, you're at work?  i was also going to suggest mindless t.v. shows...but, at work....i don't know what to recommend.  can you go for a walk on your lunch break?  excersize is supposed to release endophines....and so is sex, and so is sugar/chocolate :)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 12:48:59 pm »
omg i toatally understand everything you say.  i'm with you.  i too am emotional, and often grumpy or sad, and i wish i could be more upbeat. 
as far as low sexdrive, well, i don't need paxil to lower it because my kids hanging off me all day and my husband asking 'where's dinner' is enough of a sexual supressant.....lol

and about the t.v. shows.....well nothing makes your life seem great then watching maury povich or any other ridiculous show....lol

so yes, try the music.  try the chocolate. 
i don't like to have big cries because i always get headaches after. 
i'm going to post something regarding all these topics in my 'home remedies' thread...so check it out sometime today.  my problem is tiredness, so i want to know if anyone has any tips for fatigue.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 02:06:18 pm »
I'm reading a book by a doctor called The Female Brain. It's quite interesting. A lot of stuff happening in there! It's amazing we aren't throwing ourselves off of bridges in droves!! I will share tidbits from it.

Music, bright lights, an avocado, call up a friend to talk, look at pictures...post on BetterMost!! When I'm at home, I go in my sunroom and see what's blooming. There is a staghorn orchid that has a flowerstalk coming up right now!! Go work out for half an hour, take a shower, rearrange furniture, whip up a salad, have some chai, pet the cat, burn some incense or a fragrance candle. Put on different clothes, don't just wear the same old sweatshirt because you're working at home. Plan a vacation, look at Google Earth, splash water on your face, write a letter in longhand, call a sick relative and brighten up their day. Whatever you do, stay away from politics, that's my advice!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 02:16:28 pm »
an avocado

???

I second all the other suggestions. The things that work best for me are:

Sunshine, especially combined with outdoor exercise but even just through the car's moon roof it helps a lot.

Outdoor exercise, especially if combined with sunshine.  :)

Going to an upbeat movie.

Going to an art museum or some similar outing that you don't do much, or enough.

Completing some substantial task, even if it's just cleaning out a messy closet. You feel  like you've accomplished something.

Meeting a friend for lunch.

Wellbutrin (no libido-loss or weight-gain)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 02:46:52 pm »
I try to go for a brisk walk or hike so I can get some endorphins going. If that does not work I try talking about the taste in clothes among the women in my office and usually that works.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 05:07:54 pm »
That has been my way of coping my whole life.  I am a compulsive organizer.  The truth is that it is a great stress reliever.

I'm SOOOOO like this in terms of planning but not so much in terms of tidiness at home..

Meticulous planning for travel and trips is def my thing - whether it be real or imaginery! I find that really exicintg and a real mood booster.

I try to go for a brisk walk or hike so I can get some endorphins going. If that does not work I try talking about the taste in clothes among the women in my office and usually that works.

walkign is def another stress rleiever for me - and  ;D :laugh: Shakes, I love it!!!!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 05:29:23 pm »
Yes, I too am a planner, to the umpteenth detail.

I reckon we were seperated at birth!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/