Author Topic: are you a drinker?  (Read 6497 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: are you a drinker?
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 02:24:22 pm »
I picked "Other." I'm 21 and in college, but I don't drink nearly as much as a lot of people I know. I'll drink anywhere between like 2 and 6 times a month, but not more than about 3 drinks in one night. I don't like beer or most wine, so I have various mixed drinks. I have a decent tolerance, so that usually gets me a little tipsy. I'm definitely not the stereotypical college kid who gets trashed every weekend.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 03:10:58 pm »
I,m the only one to put never so far. I gave up booze almost 3 years ago. Simply due to the fact that I went on a diet, and I thought that I may as well go the whole hog and give up booze too. White wine is full of calories, and after all these years, I don,t miss it one little bit. Death would have been a merciful release from some of my past hangovers. They were truely dreadful. I have to say I do get this smug feeling when I get up in the morning and I know I,m the only one who feels ok. ;D

Offline optom3

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 04:03:52 pm »
I used to drink significantly more than was good for me,but then the hangovers kicked in.I really miss red wine but it gives me such a migraine I avoid it like the plague,

If I do have a drink now I have a long Vodka and diet coke.or Bellinis which I just love,prosecco and white peach puree,can substitute champagne for prosecco.and any peaches you can find.Utterly decadent but so yummy.I dicovered them while on a truly idyllic visit to Venice,sat in St.Marks square watching the world go by.I have made them for a few people since I have been here and so far everyone has become hooked.Can highly recommend.
Just be careful as they go down very easily!!!!

I also love a very English drink called Pimms no.1 with lemonade,it reminds me of English summers when I lived in the country side.
 I don,t drink at parties anymore as I find some people make such strong drinks,so intead I have one before I leave as I am so shy,then stick to soft drinks.

The first party I went to here my drink was permanantly topped up by the hostess, and the consequeces the next day,would have made the death of a thousand cuts seem like an easy option,

It sems a million years ago that I would go out drinking all night,then in to a 9.00am lecture,no problem.Youth is definitely wasted on the young!!!!!!!!!!