Author Topic: telling people off  (Read 12584 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: telling people off
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2008, 03:23:20 pm »
lmao!

Well, my issue at the grocery store wasn't with a woman and her child.  It was with an older woman, and I'll tell the story, but you can't hold it against me.

It was a rather mean comment to make.

Well, I was on line for the customer service desk.  I was looking for a particular item, and needed to know where it was.  So this little old woman starts to walk to me....and she's got this crabby look on her face.  She walks over, and proceeds to step in front of me (and the people behind me).

Now, I am not one of those people who treasures their space in line.  If she was in a hurry, or was not feeling well, or whatever, I would have gladly let her step in front of me, if she had the manners to ask.  She didn't even address me, she just stepped in front of me.

So I looked at her, and said "Excuse me, but the end of the line is back there." and pointed to the other end of the line. 

She turned to me (still looking crabby) and said, "I can do whatever I want, I'm old.  I'm going before you."

:o

I thought to myself "Oh honey, you picked the wrong person to fuck with." and I promptly stepped in front of her, turned to her, and said, "The only thing you are going to do before me, is die."

I can't quite describe the look on her face.......

Evil.. but she deserved it.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 03:44:30 pm »
lmao!

Well, my issue at the grocery store wasn't with a woman and her child.  It was with an older woman, and I'll tell the story, but you can't hold it against me.

It was a rather mean comment to make.

Well, I was on line for the customer service desk.  I was looking for a particular item, and needed to know where it was.  So this little old woman starts to walk to me....and she's got this crabby look on her face.  She walks over, and proceeds to step in front of me (and the people behind me).

Now, I am not one of those people who treasures their space in line.  If she was in a hurry, or was not feeling well, or whatever, I would have gladly let her step in front of me, if she had the manners to ask.  She didn't even address me, she just stepped in front of me.

So I looked at her, and said "Excuse me, but the end of the line is back there." and pointed to the other end of the line. 

She turned to me (still looking crabby) and said, "I can do whatever I want, I'm old.  I'm going before you."

:o

I thought to myself "Oh honey, you picked the wrong person to fuck with." and I promptly stepped in front of her, turned to her, and said, "The only thing you are going to do before me, is die."

Ooooooooooooh evillllll indeed...... but I love it!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 03:55:34 pm »
omg souxi and cedar dweller i'm SO GLAD you joined the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

please feel free to post again!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 06:22:29 pm »
Oh Chucky........that was wicked........ :laugh: :laugh:
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 08:51:34 pm »
That was evil.

Inspired, but evil.

The irresistable force meeting the immovable object.  ;D

I'm fairly low key myself.  You have to be a complete overbearing asshole for me to give you whatall.  But I don't yell or jump up and down, I just cut to the bone with very apt jab.  In fact, I'm so good with keeping myself under control, people are shocked and react very badly when I do lose it.  They apparently don't think I deserve to lash out.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 11:16:27 pm »
Interesting thread! Or is it inter-testing?? May I smile and make a joke!

Maybe it becomes: inter-resting!! You have to rest after being tested or after testing someone willingly or not??

I just wonder as to WHY Alma waited so long to tell Jack off and not before that Thanskgiving scene!!  Can someone reply to that?

Au revoir,

hugs!

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 11:32:33 pm »

I just wonder as to WHY Alma waited so long to tell Jack off and not before that Thanskgiving scene!!  Can someone reply to that?

Au revoir,

hugs!

She knew what kind of reaction she was going to get if she ever confronted Ennis, so she was unlikely to do it when she was still married to him.

Here she had the chance, probably the first time since the divorce to be one on one with Ennis, but still with the protection of Monroe, and also the fact that she was pregnant, she probably thought she was safe from any physical abuse from him.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Artiste

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 02:59:04 pm »
Thanks very, very much Katie!

You sure bring some news:
She knew what kind of reaction she was going to get if she ever confronted Ennis, so she was unlikely to do it when she was still married to him.

Here she had the chance, probably the first time since the divorce to be one on one with Ennis, but still with the protection of Monroe, and also the fact that she was pregnant, she probably thought she was safe from any physical abuse from him. 

Maybe it was NOT the time to bring her wants just after she saw her husband Ennis kiss another man, and maybe mutual kisses by the two men, but at least bring it up much, much sooner than Thanskgiving!! Alma was indeed surprised, right seeing those two kiss? One's husband usually do not so that, right? Does Alma figure that her husband Ennis then is mental, like really crasy?? Dare I ask!

Did Alma really knew what kind of reaction she would have gotten from her thenhusband Ennis? She would have schocked him? How? Or Ennis would have shocked her? How? I fail to understand, sorry, and may I ask you to explain more, please.

She had to confront him while she was married to Ennis, surely directly?? Or she taught that would have been a lost cause, since she now figured that she had to separate and divorce Ennis, her husband??

((at that Thanskgiving with her 2nd husband there))... (she felt) safe from any physical abuse from him (Ennis). 

Ennis shows use no sign of any physical abuse towards his present wife Alma and his children, right??
But Alma feared getting physical abuse from her then husband Ennis?

Much can be said?

Awaiting your news,
hugs!

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 05:25:48 pm »

I wish I was as quick as that!! that was wicked! LMAO

I guess my reactions depend on the situation, in a relationship I tend to be pretty patient and stand back and take things on the chin so to speak, however if it the disagreement goes on and on, and if all my buttons are pushed or walloped then I will rant and rave. Once things have been said I need a few minutes of space and then its time to move on. Lifes too short

Working in customer service industry its one thing I won't tolerate is poor customer service, and yes we all have long days and may be things on our mind, however theres little or no excuse, so I have and will tell someone politely and succinctly what I think!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 09:52:21 am »
I can't abide aggression or confrontation of any kind and will do anything to avoid it.

However, having said that, I will stand up for myself and defend myself if slighted. But I do it in an understated way and with courtesy, where possible.

To give you an example, many years ago, when I was in my late twenties, I had a similar experience to the Thanksgiving confrontation between Jack and L.D.Newsome.

It was Christmas lunch at the home of one of my brothers. Present were my mother, my aunt (mother's sister), my brother's wife, my niece and two nephews (brother's children), my brother's wife's parents, my brother and myself. Ten of us in all.

It was the first Christmas following my father's death the previous May. My Dad knew I was gay and was always very sweet with me about it. My brother's father-in-law, however, was a crass, boorish homophobe of the highest order. He had been making snide, underhand, homophobic remarks ever since Mum and I arrived. At some point about half-way through the meal, he made one remark too many and I snapped.

In front of all those people, I very quietly put my knife and fork down, got up from the table, went over to Mum and gave her a farewell kiss on the cheek, asked my brother to drive Mum home and simply left the room.

Mum was crying. My brother's mouth was hanging open. My brother's father-in-law's face had turned purple with rage because I had dared to turn my back on him and, in so doing, had withdrawn his sport from him.

When I got to my car, I heard footsteps behind me and it was my brother, begging me to return. He was not angry, just concerned. I declined his offer, bade him farewell (pleasantly) and drove away.

Fact is, that hideous man would never have said the things he did to me if my father had been present. He wouldn't have had the courage to do so. He would have known my Dad would have knocked his lights out.

My brother is 10 years older than me and I was in his home. He sat there silently while his father-in-law made his snide remarks at my expense, in front of our recently widowed mother. I'm his little brother. He should have told his father-in-law to mind his manners in his home. But he didn't.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I handle aggression and confrontation by not saying much - but I get my point across.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν