Author Topic: Kerry's Visit to Heath at the Archibald  (Read 25570 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: Kerry's Visit to Heath at the Archibald
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 03:16:03 am »
Kerry, that was great. Thank you so much. Sydney looks beautiful. I've always wanted to go to Australia, but now I want to even more.

And thanks for that article John.  :-*

Courtney

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 07:40:54 am »

Grave Of Australian Outlaw Ned Kelly Said Found

Thank you for posting that informative article. If you are interested in Australian bushrangers (outlaws), I can strongly recommend that you read my previous post, "Gay Outlaws Andrew & James - A True Love Story," a thread about Andrew Scott (alias Captain Moonlite) and his lover, James Nesbitt. I used to think their story would make a wonderful movie, with Heath and Jake in the lead roles. Alas, that will now never be.  :'(

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6892.msg130175.html#msg130175

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 07:43:36 am »
Kerry, that was great. Thank you so much. Sydney looks beautiful. I've always wanted to go to Australia, but now I want to even more.

And thanks for that article John.  :-*

Courtney

You would love Sydney, Courtney. It's a beautiful city.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 05:29:31 pm »
Hi Kerry

And thank you for taking me on a walk in Sidney after driving home in the snowstorm in Sweden......  ;D.......I Love The Internet, our planet is so tiny and small these days...... :o

Absolutely beautiful pictures!!

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 05:47:57 pm »
Hi Kerry

And thank you for taking me on a walk in Sidney after driving home in the snowstorm in Sweden......  ;D.......I Love The Internet, our planet is so tiny and small these days...... :o

Absolutely beautiful pictures!!

Berit

You are very welcome, Berit. I'm glad you enjoyed my walking tour of Sydney. It will soon be Summer in Sweden and when it is, it'll be Winter here in Australia. However, what we call "Winter" in Australia, is probably more like Summer in some places. We have a very mild Winter in Oz.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 10:31:29 am »
Somehow I didn't put two & two together & realise the portrait was in Sydney - otherwise I would have tried to have gone, being here too.  But my baby is due anyday now so I dare not stray too far from home alas.  Maybe I can make it later with the new arrival if the exhibition is on for a while. 
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 01:00:29 pm »
Somehow I didn't put two & two together & realise the portrait was in Sydney - otherwise I would have tried to have gone, being here too. 

Hunh? Are you in Sydney? Somehow I was sure you're in UK  ::). I think I even PMed you once (long ago) about a EuroBrokie gathering  :-\ :laugh:

But my baby is due anyday now

That's great to hear  :D! All the best for you two  :-*

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 05:45:39 pm »
Somehow I didn't put two & two together & realise the portrait was in Sydney - otherwise I would have tried to have gone, being here too.  But my baby is due anyday now so I dare not stray too far from home alas.  Maybe I can make it later with the new arrival if the exhibition is on for a while. 

The Archibald runs until May 18, nic, so you've got plenty of time. It is held at this time every year at the Art Gallery of NSW, Art Gallery Road, The Domain, Sydney.

Not sure where that is? Follow these simple directions:

Get yourself to Parliament House in Macquarie Street. Not far along Macquarie Street from Parliament House is Sydney Hospital (look for the disgusting fountain/statue of the dribbling pig - yetch!). Walk through the central courtyard of Sydney Hospital (accessible from Macquarie Street), all the way through to a large open green area with big old fig trees on its perimeter. That's the Domain. Walk eastward, straight across the Domain, until you see a substantial neo-classical building through the trees. That's the Art Gallery of NSW.

Alternatively, follow the directions in my photo-essay:

Park at the Goulburn Street Parking Station ($6 per hour), walk up Elizabeth Street, cross Hyde Park and enter Art Gallery Road, which is located to the immediate north of St Mary's Cathedral. Walk northward along Art Gallery Road until you come to the Art Gallery of NSW. You can't miss it.

Click here for full particulars:

http://www.thearchibaldprize.com.au/
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 11:13:04 pm »
Thanks so much for the photos of Sydney, Kerry.  It looks like a lovely city.  All we ever see of it here seems to be the shot of the harbor with the Opera House and the big bridge. 

I'm glad you went to pay your respects to Heath, and I feel like I went with you, just as I felt John and I had all of you with us when we paid our respects at 421 Broome Street.  :(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 07:47:10 am »
Thanks so much for the photos of Sydney, Kerry.  It looks like a lovely city.  All we ever see of it here seems to be the shot of the harbor with the Opera House and the big bridge. 

I'm glad you went to pay your respects to Heath, and I feel like I went with you, just as I felt John and I had all of you with us when we paid our respects at 421 Broome Street.  :(

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics of Sydney, Meryl. I felt like I had all my Brokie friends with me that day.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν