Author Topic: The battle of canine and feline  (Read 3296 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
The battle of canine and feline
« on: March 10, 2008, 02:53:10 am »

Being completely multipetual I often forget that some folks have a strong preference either way. Currently I'm in an exclusive love relationship with my dogs, but in the past I have had satisfying long term relationships with other critters too... all except cats.  While I admire and find cats beautiful I am terribly allergic and cannot cohabitate with them. 

Not sure how my dogs would react to a kitty in their midst, beyond yelling "lunchtime" but then again they may be more tolerant than and cosmopolitan than I given them credit for.   What's that quote from the movie Spartacus?:

Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you eat oysters?
 Antoninus: When I have them, master.
 Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you eat snails?
 Antoninus: No, master.
 Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you consider the eating of oysters to be moral and the eating of snails to   be immoral?
 Antoninus: No, master.
 Marcus Licinius Crassus: Of course not. It is all a matter of taste, isn't it?
 Antoninus: Yes, master.
 Marcus Licinius Crassus: And taste is not the same as appetite, and therefore not a question of morals.
 Antoninus: It could be argued so, master.
 Marcus Licinius Crassus: My robe, Antoninus. My taste includes both snails and oysters.

Of course we all know that MLC was making a very gentile pass at A but that is another poll entirely so back to the topic at hand... Canine or feline?    Is it not like asking a Roman to choose between molluscan or ostracine?

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The battle of canine and feline
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 04:45:26 am »
i picked both, but i love birds too.

there was a couple essays i had to study in college about cats vs. dogs, and the two authors were battling it out with the pros and cons of each.  the cat-author said, "cat's are self-cleaning"!...

...and the dog-author replied, "so is my oven...and i don't post pictures of it all over my cubical". ;D

i like the personalities of both.  i like how dopey and goofy my dog is...and how she gets excited over EVERYTHING as long as it's said with the 'right' tone.  i could get her excited about going to the vet if i wanted.
my cat, on the other hand, is a snob, and i like that too.  gives him character.  he always looks pissed off, like he's 'above' human life.
 ;D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 07:42:46 am »
Right now I have only dogs, but I intend to get another cat. My calico cat that I'd had for 17 years died last year. When I lived on the farm -- the most cats we had was 17! Three cats with babies. No one was spayed. They lived at the barn mostly.

I love both cats and dogs for pets. All pets are fun. As a child I had calves, turtles, snakes, goldfish, hamsters, etc. I love birds, but have never had one.

I think pet dogs and cats should all be spayed and neutered.

My cousin loves cats, too, Dottie. She is also allergic -- eyes and nose start reacting after a few minutes in a house that has a cat. She wants a cat so badly -- I wonder if those bald cats cause allergic reactions? They are probably expensive.

Fun poll, Dottie!

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 07:43:35 am »
there was a couple essays i had to study in college about cats vs. dogs, and the two authors were battling it out with the pros and cons of each.  the cat-author said, "cat's are self-cleaning"!...

...and the dog-author replied, "so is my oven...and i don't post pictures of it all over my cubical".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 10:41:33 am »
I am really a dog person, but I do like cats as well.  Presently I have 3 dogs ages 6, 4 and 3 years old, and 2 cats ages 12 1/2 and 12 years old.   They are all the loves of my life!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 05:23:21 pm »
2 cats, 2 dogs so pretty even.Large golden retriviever and tiny mini maltese,plus the 2 rescue cats.love them all, just wish someone else would do the litter tray and the clear up after dogs !!!!!
Still they are all worth it.Mini maltese rides round on the retrievers back,so cute!!!!!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 07:42:39 pm »
There is no "other" option!  :(

I love cats and dogs and all kinds of animals!

If I had a large yard, I would keep a dog as well as my cats.  If I had a nice sized place, who knows?  I might keep ferrets or maybe peacocks or goats and geese.  Unfortunately, I only have an apartment, and cats are a lot easier to care for.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 08:18:16 pm »
cats, no option but cats!

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 12:12:01 am »
Dogs, dogs, dogs! Loyal, adorable and fun to play with. Not that I have anything against cats - I'm allergic and my one time close encounter with one earned me a scratch on the face. Still, no hard feelings.  ;)