Author Topic: Love vs. beast  (Read 4161 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Love vs. beast
« on: March 10, 2008, 03:15:11 am »

Pets are adopted by humans. They can live to be anyway form 15 to 20 years. They give love and ask nothing in return but a sweet voice and the love you give. They depend 100% for their friend to take care of them. Anyone, who would give away a pet for a human who doesn't like them needs to really take a good look at that person.

Now personally I don't see why it would have to be one or the other unless the partner is allergic to animals in which case I would move on from the relationship because the animals are an intrigral part of my life and part of my sense of well being. 

Tell us what you think.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Love vs. beast
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 10:38:32 am »
I would never give up any of my pets (3 dogs/2 cats) for anyone.  They are like my family members and they keep me happy, healthy and sane!  Most of my friends and both of the men I was married to (at different times of course!) liked dogs and cats, so I've never had an issue of having to choose between my animals and a person. 

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 11:47:16 am »
My dogs and I are a package deal. Some would not consider it an actual deal. LOL.

I had a boyfriend once (when I had only 4 dogs) who kept telling me to get rid of 2 of my dogs. He said no one needs more than 2 dogs. LOL. He must've been nuts to think I'd do what he said. Wonder what he'd say about me having 9 now?

I don't really trust anyone who doesn't like dogs. That is probably irrational, but I still don't . Maybe I just don't like them because they don't like dogs. A lot of men don't like cats -- to the point of being mean to them. That kind of person is REALLY off my list.

No. I wouldn't choose a man over any of my dogs.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 01:44:40 pm »
Good for you Shasta!  I feel the same way about my animals.  Dogs give us so much unconditional love and affection and don't expect much in return other than shelter, food & water. They don't care what we look like or sound like.  They just love us no matter what and are ALWAYS there for us, aren't they?  Dogs are the best!

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 04:54:41 am »
Sorry but love wins for me cause  I am allergic to anything with fur. So my search is for a partner who keeps pet fish or  labradoodle (cause they don't have fur) ;)

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 08:15:06 am »
Pet.

I can't imagine being with a partner who asked me to give them up.

After all, he would have started dating me knowing I had cats, so why would he think that after some time invested in our relationship he could now tell me what to do with my 'property'?  Does he think just because we've been dating for months that I will now turn over my car or bank account to him as well?

If a partner asks me to give up something he knows is precious to me, whether pet, bank account or even friends and family then I would consider him to have massive insecurity and controlling issues and quickly dump him.

So I guess it's not so much a matter of pet vs partner, but more of a control issue.

injest

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 10:35:18 am »
Pet.

After all, he would have started dating me knowing I had cats, so why would he think that after some time invested in our relationship he could now tell me what to do with my 'property'?  Does he think just because we've been dating for months that I will now turn over my car or bank account to him as well?

If a partner asks me to give up something he knows is precious to me, whether pet, bank account or even friends and family then I would consider him to have massive insecurity and controlling issues and quickly dump him.

So I guess it's not so much a matter of pet vs partner, but more of a control issue.

hear hear!!

Offline optom3

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 05:19:21 pm »
hear hear!!

Anyone who claims to love you,then sets about trying to change you,does not love you.Getting you to give up pets is in my opinion trying to change you.
I personally (allergies excepted) mistrust people who do not like pets ,and even worse when the pet,particularly dogs refuse to go near the person.
I had a crippling migraine last night, and my retriever did not leave my side.She just knows when all is not well.

Offline optom3

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 10:51:53 pm »
A golden?  I have one too.  They are amazingly empathetic, aren't they?

Yes a golden.I just adore her.She so struggled to get up on the bed with me.She is only 5 but we bought her of a woman who had just bred her non stop.Poor thing looks 50 not 5.Anyway despite terrible arthritis,she got onto the bed,right next to me as she knew I was not well.Bless her!!!!
Every so often she would nudge me with her nose or stick her paw on my arm.
They so definitely have feelings,don't care how mad people think I am.
Even the little Maltese is bright,she knows when the alarm on my phone goes off that it is time to get my daughter from the bus.No matter where she is in the house she comes to get me and then runs to the car,tail wagging like mad.She adores my daughter.
I would not be without either of them.!!!!!

Offline ZK

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 06:27:35 pm »
Pet.

I quite agree with you, if someone was dating asked me to give up something precious whether it be family, friends or pet I'd run a mile or more me being me would tell him to take a hike. Hence my search for a partner without furry friends. It does seem however in the search for the petless man, gay men seem to love to have cats....sneeze..........sneeze