Author Topic: Our own way to remember Heath on April 4th, his birthday  (Read 130790 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Our own way to remember Heath on April 4th, his birthday
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 08:14:40 pm »
Not sure. For the last 4 years or so, I have volunteered as 'face-painter' in the Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFFF - www.bifff.org). I am not at all into this kind of movies, but it's fun because for one night (usually the Friday to Saturday) people who want to attend the festival's ball ("Vampires Ball") have to be dressed up and their face painted. With a group of volunteers we do just that all night through. Painting faces (mostly horror-film-related faces.. ). The volunteers have to have their faces painted too.

Anyhow, this year's festival's ball is on the 5th (a Saturday - if it had been on the traditional Friday it would have been on Heath's birthday), but I am thinking of having "The Dark Knight"'s Joker face painted on me, but I am hesitant. It would all be too morbid, kind of...  :-\

If I sense that I'll chicken out I'll buy something striped before the 4th and wear it that day.

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 05:10:38 am »
I'll wear stripes and my striped socks.

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2008, 05:55:20 pm »
Well I've been shopping today in preparation, and I'm borrowing a striped scarf from my sister for the occasion.  :) The assistant in a shop this morning though did look at me rather strangely when I asked her if they sold striped balloons.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 10:24:26 am »
Just bumping this up as a reminder.

I'll be posting a pic of me in my "Heath-esque" outfit as well.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 12:07:02 pm »
Just bumping this up as a reminder.

I'll be posting a pic of me in my "Heath-esque" outfit as well.

Also remember Friday will be the 40th anniversary of the assassination of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. which is what U2 was singing about.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 03:08:14 am »
thinking of you my Heath, every day. every day. I miss you in my world more than I ever imaged because you mean more to me than I EVER imagined.

:-*

Heathen

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 03:47:53 am »
Sadly, I am going to a funeral today-the chap was only 25 years old.  Another tragedy.

So, I'm unable to wear anything colourful to celebrate Heath's life (having to wear black an' all), but I went to good old Marks and Spencers and am proudly wearing black striped tights. 

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 06:24:03 am »

Happy birthday in Heaven,Heath¡. You won´t have any material things in the day of your birthday, but you´ll have others which are not touched, nor are seen, but that are felt. Because when you went away,you carried too much love with you that I know,there where you´re now, you will be very happy. And I also know that you will be by my mother´s side and all the dear beings who some of Brokies had lost; and that just like them, you will see us and you will take care of us somehow,of all these who still are missing you so much.
Despite everything,I´d have liked that you would be here, in the Earth, and that perhaps we all would have bought a certain material  and prosaic object; but that would show the admiration and affection we all feel for you. However,somebody,up there,has preferred that you are by his side, to distract him with your joy and your gifts from good actor. And us here, we must conform to look to the highs and to know that you´re now this sweet eyes angel,as I like to call you; and that you already know that we are sending to you this love so that you have a happy birthday in Heaven.We miss you, Heath.WE´LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU.
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 06:45:16 am »
Here is my Heath inspired outfit today.

Heath wore a lot of stripes, so I have a striped button down.

Heath wore combat boots, so I have on my boots.

Heath wore "quirky" accessories (hats, scarfs) so I have on rubber braclets to match the outfit.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

mvansand76

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 07:35:01 am »
Here is my Heath inspired outfit today.

Heath wore a lot of stripes, so I have a striped button down.

Heath wore combat boots, so I have on my boots.

Heath wore "quirky" accessories (hats, scarfs) so I have on rubber braclets to match the outfit.

That's great, CD! I have my Heath scarf on today, and I always wear stripes, just not today, I don't know why... I am wearing a multi-coloured sequined skirt today though...