Author Topic: Our own way to remember Heath on April 4th, his birthday  (Read 130797 times)

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Our own way to remember Heath on April 4th, his birthday
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 09:02:27 am »
I've got my stripes on today.  Every day, I drive past Heath St. in Boston.  Today, I smiled.

Notice the name on the train:

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 09:14:13 am »
 :) I missed the memo about the stripes, but.............ironically when I decided what to
wear to work today, I pulled out a striped shirt! :D

HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY, HEATH!
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

mvansand76

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 09:15:35 am »
I've got my stripes on today.  Every day, I drive past Heath St. in Boston.  Today, I smiled.

Notice the name on the train:

I recognised the Boston subway, I was there in April last year, around this time!!!  :-*

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 09:19:21 am »
I recognised the Boston subway, I was there in April last year, around this time!!!  :-*

I'll give your regard to Heath Street!

Cheers, Sonny!

Paul Patrick

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 09:23:12 am »
Well my tribute today didn't go quite as planned. I've been trying to work out the timings all this week to fit in with two appointments I had this morning, but it all came unstuck when I couldn't get a taxi at the time I needed, so I had to resort to plan B.

I ended up in the Remembrance Gardens, rather than where I'd planned to go, but that was kind of fitting anyhow. Today I bought a balloon, a big 'Happy Birthday' one as I decided today should be more about celebrating Heath's life rather than mourning his passing. I attached a note to the poem though, with a picture and a poem. This was what the note had on it:

His journey's just begun

Don't think of him as gone away -
His journey's just begun
Life holds so many facets
This earth is only one.

Just think of him as resting
From the sorrow and the tears
In a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.

Think how he must be wishing
That we could know today
How nothing but our sadness
Can really pass away.

And think of him as living
In the hearts of those he touched...
For nothing loved is ever lost -
And he was loved so much.

Ellen Brenneman

Heath Ledger (4.4.1979 – 22.1.2008)
“Such rare talent, lost too soon”

For Heath, his family, friends, and Brokies everywhere.

Also attached are piccies of the Remembrance Gardens, daffodils in the Remembrance Gardens, the balloon, and me in my "Heath's birthday outfit" (I'm also wearing striped knickers today, but I'm not posting a photo of those!  ;)). I didn't want to let the balloon go, so I tied it very loosely to the handle of my wheeled walker, and let the breeze tug the string free and eventually it slipped off and went floating up, and I sat there for a while and watched it float off above the town until I couldn't see it any more.

"Heath, I swear..."

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 11:16:53 am »
Great pictures, Heathy and Jack's man!

I am wearing striped socks today and a very old bracelet with a heart-shaped locket that has an "E" on it. It opens up to a picture of my grandfather who I never knew. I'm gonna print your pic of Heath and his million dollar smile to put in the locket.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 04:11:46 pm »
Great pictures everybody!  I wore striped socks and a striped shirt but don't have a digital camera so I can't post any.
Decided to celebrate Heath's birthday and life by going for a long walk along the sea. The weather has been gorgeous today.   I noticed other walkers wearing stripes and couldn't help it but wondering if they were wearing them for the same reason. When I walked passed them I kind of looked them in their faces looking for a sign.

sel
BbM, I swear

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 05:25:55 pm »
I forgot to put in my post, where I'd originally intended to go was just out of town where you can see across the countryside to the hills of the Peak District. There's a spot just opposite where the local hospice is that's very special to me, but because of how the timings worked out this morning I couldn't make it out there. Both my grandma and a friend of mine died at the hospice, but just across the road from the hospice is the maternity home where I was born. The special spot's just a few yards further down the road.

When my grandma was in the hospice before she died, I often used to walk down the driveway to go and just stand looking at where the maternity home was (the building's a care home now). Though the hospice is a place I've lost two people close to me, it's also where I was born, so it seemed fitting. I wrote a cheque this morning, a donation to the hospice. I know they rely heavily on donations, and I already take part in their weekly lottery which my employer's payroll section deals with for us, taking our entry fee straight from our wages each month. I'd intended to take the cheque to the hospice, but I couldn't make it out there today, but I went into the hospice's charity shop in town and took the cheque in there instead. It wasn't a huge amount, but every little helps, and it seemed right to do it today.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 06:29:58 pm »
Late will post pics of my breakfast with the Brokie formerly and recurringly known as Ellemeno and our ocean tribute to this much loved and admired Heath.

roux

Heathen

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2008, 06:39:49 pm »
Late will post pics of my breakfast with the Brokie formerly and recurringly known as Ellemeno and our ocean tribute to this much loved and admired Heath.

roux

I'm looking forward to seeing them, HeathRxB...I miss your couch.  Are you sure you're not ready to get rid of it??  We could haul it up here to Seattle and put it in my studio...I had a tamale the other day and thought of you.  And I've got to get a FIND in the mail to you asap - maybe Monday, k?
"Laß sein. Laß sein."