Author Topic: Proulx "these characters began to get very damn real"  (Read 24057 times)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
Re: Proulx "these characters began to get very damn real"
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2008, 11:47:05 am »
Your magic moment sounds so like mine.I never had the courage though to say the one word.Someting I regret to this day.It seemed the right thing to do at the time.Now I am just full of regrets.I guess that is why BBM got to me so badly,i just felt like watching Ennis I was watching myself.No happy ending for him or me.

I think we all have regrets. I know I have a couple of huge ones. There's always the "what if?", how things might have turned out differently if I'd done some things a different way, or said things I left unsaid. One of the important things that Brokeback's taught me is that it's not too late to make those changes though, and not end up being Ennis. It might not always be easy, but we have the power to change the ending.

Being sad about your regrets and mistakes you made along the way is fine, but don't let them rule you. The past's the past, and however much we want to, we can't change that, but we can change the future.

...and Artiste! Such beautiful flowers!  :D Daffodils and freesia - the two most beutiful flowers on this earth!

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2008, 11:57:00 am »
  Merci Bliss !![ 

You seen cultivars??

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2008, 12:26:41 pm »
Thanks mandy21 and artiste, You are so kind.I am just having a bad couple of days with oldest son.Every time I get my hopes up that the next batch of meds. is working,they just get dashed again.It is sometimes very hard to pick up the pieces and get going again.Particularly when all his anger is directed against me.
I have 3 dogs and 2 cats so I think I am O.K on the pet front!!!!! Long story but I gave up such a lot for my oldest,it makes it doubly hard when he is so cruel to me.It was just very bad this weekend and it is taking me longer than usual to get my equilibrium back.
But I will get back on top again.I always do because I have to.
Your kind wishes really do help.Little words on a screen that make such a difference.Flowers that brighten up the day.So a big thankyou to you both!!!!!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2008, 12:35:50 pm »
Merci beaucoup optom!

May you have better and better times and all the joys you desire too !!
Laughing helps? When I see that Ennis, Jack, others, are so damn real, I try to laugh by seeing happy movies like Everybody Loves Raymond, which I see three times daily!! And I laugh loudly!

Tried that? May I suggest?

Keep care,
hugs! Or play a musical intrument like mine??

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2008, 01:28:19 pm »
Hello, artiste and fiona, you're both right that this board is a very important source of support for us when we're feeling a bit 'off'.  Funny, artiste, that you should mention "Everybody Loves Raymond."  Best flight I ever had in my life was coming back from Belfast, through Heathrow (eek!), and then on the second leg of the journey, I was in a triple 7, and watched 7 hours of nonstop "ELR".  Probably the most I've laughed in years, had never watched it on the telly when it was on cause I don't have cable.

Fiona, you do know, of course, that it takes TIME for a person to adjust to medicines like the ones your son is probably on.  I'm sorry that he seems to be taking this transition time out on you, specifically.  I've always believed and observed that mothers are the strongest and bravest creatures on this planet.  You'll get through this.  Go for a walk, listen to some of your favorite music, enjoy the beauty of the day, take time for yourself.

Your BetterMost buddies care.   :)
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline optom3

« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2008, 02:00:09 pm »
Hello, artiste and fiona, you're both right that this board is a very important source of support for us when we're feeling a bit 'off'.  Funny, artiste, that you should mention "Everybody Loves Raymond."  Best flight I ever had in my life was coming back from Belfast, through Heathrow (eek!), and then on the second leg of the journey, I was in a triple 7, and watched 7 hours of nonstop "ELR".  Probably the most I've laughed in years, had never watched it on the telly when it was on cause I don't have cable.

Fiona, you do know, of course, that it takes TIME for a person to adjust to medicines like the ones your son is probably on.  I'm sorry that he seems to be taking this transition time out on you, specifically.  I've always believed and observed that mothers are the strongest and bravest creatures on this planet.  You'll get through this.  Go for a walk, listen to some of your favorite music, enjoy the beauty of the day, take time for yourself.

Your BetterMost buddies care.   :)

I too think its funny you should mention ELR it is one of the few moderate shows that makes my son laugh.He will watch repeats of repeats.Must get round to watching myself.I have written a poem for my son about him,which I hope he takes the time to really read.If not now at some time in the comming days.
In the meantime I take solace from such kind words here,also watching my daughter splash round in the pool with her friend,whilemy other son is off for a lovely day at the beach with one of his friends.
I try not to regret too much and most of the time I do O.K. Needless to say when my son is bad,it tends to reopen wounds, a bit like BBM does.However got my striped shirt for tomorrow and bar of English chocolate,all set for back to back Heath.A little BBM followed by a lighthearted romp through,Casanova and knights tale.Even treaty myself to a really nice bottle of Chablis,which is chilling as I write.
My son,troubled one is leaving tomorow early for a wrestling tournament,so I will have some peace.

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2008, 02:17:15 pm »
Hugs! I hope you have a lovely peaceful and relaxing day, and enjoy the wine and the chocolate!  :-*

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline optom3

« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2008, 02:39:26 pm »
Hugs! I hope you have a lovely peaceful and relaxing day, and enjoy the wine and the chocolate!  :-*

I sure will,I am drooling just thinking about it.Every time I open the fridge the wine and chocolate bar are there winking at me!!!!! But I am being amazingly controlled and saving it for tomorrow.It is a great big block of Cadburys fruit and nut, yummy, and very appropriate as I am a complete nutcase!!!!!!
Wine, chocolate and Heath,what more could a girl want!!!!!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2008, 03:07:24 pm »
Wine, chocolate and Heath,what more could a girl want!!!!!

Yep, when you put it like that it sounds damned near perfect!  ;D

Offline Artiste

« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2008, 03:22:09 pm »
Sorry optom, I think that chocolate is making MAYBE loose your weight too much, may I suggest !! I think that I have heard or seen that lately... for your case. I think that that is my case too, since I love making hot chocolate at times and see my lost... as I will not say as I rush at times to la toilette !!... too often!! Which concerns mother about moi !! So, I may have found one thing that I need to change!! And eat a banana instead !! For now, oranges and grapefruit are helping me daily clean out grease and system!! (Sorry for the language!!) Every mornings, I make my big flakes oatmeal and add une banane to it; plus lately some fresh strawberries!! So eat some strawberries ?? (And don't dip them in chocolate, ha ! ha!)

Am still looking for my notes to what I heard !!

Have a wonderful happy day !!