Author Topic: What are you wearing today?  (Read 130575 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: What are you wearing today?
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2008, 06:57:23 pm »
All these soft gray colors with pastels are so perfect for the early days of spring!!

I was trying to take a picture of my belt buckle with my phone for you all. It was going badly. Fortunately, EDelMar walked into my office and I lassoed him into taking a picture of it. However, I don't think you can still see what it looks like but here goes. Click to enlarge.

Even enlarged it's still kinda blurry. Clearly it's a bull, but I can't make out if there is anyone on it.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2008, 10:10:46 pm »
It's a lot like this pic, Jeff. There's a bullrider leaning back toward the bull's rump.

I bought this belt in Albuquerque while my friend and I were on our way to Arizona. I LOVE having a Cretan bullrider on my belt buckle!!

ps Fortunately no one walked past my office while EDelMar was taking a picture of my belt buckle!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2008, 09:05:47 am »
Today I have to give a presentation in the evening, so I'm sort of dressed up.  I'm wearing black pin striped pants and a dark green suit jacket.  The suit jacket is longer than typical jackets and goes down to just above my knees.  And black boots.

:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2008, 09:17:32 am »
It's a lot like this pic, Jeff. There's a bullrider leaning back toward the bull's rump.

I bought this belt in Albuquerque while my friend and I were on our way to Arizona. I LOVE having a Cretan bullrider on my belt buckle!!

ps Fortunately no one walked past my office while EDelMar was taking a picture of my belt buckle!!

Oh, that's neat! I've never seen a Minoan bull dancer buckle before. Like something right out of The King Must Die.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2008, 09:20:43 am »
Arrow shirt, white Oxford cloth with widely spaced red and green stripes (from a thrift shop); dark tan Ralph Lauren/Polo corduroy jeans (from a thrift shop); Columbia Sportswear hiking shoes (not from a thrift shop, from a discount shoe store).

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2008, 09:54:29 am »
Good luck on your presentation, Amanda! Let us know how it goes! It sounds like you have the look of authority! Susie, did you take that picture? I would so love to hear more about your trip to Crete...and all your trips! Do you have a blog that you put this information in? If not, please consider posting in "Globetrotting BetterMostians" which is located here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,14635.0/all.html

Oh, that's neat! I've never seen a Minoan bull dancer buckle before. Like something right out of The King Must Die.  :D
Yes, it is pretty unique! Strange to find a belt buckle in an Albuquerque Western wear shop with a naked bullrider on it! And in a mixture of gold and silver, which I love because to me silver stands for Jack while gold is Ennis. I promise to get you a better picture soon as Front-Ranger Jr. returns from spring break with my digital camera (it's a Nikon in case you were wondering).

Today I'm wearing taupe pants, a taupe and blue plaid zip-up sleeveless shirt with a vest-type finish on the tail, a blue cardigan sweater, and blue sandals, so I can show off my red toenails. My jewelry is a small galloping silver horse on a chain and the ring I always wear of a silver circle and a gold circle. It's misty-moisty this morning with snow in the forecast but by lunchtime it should be in the 50s, so I'm looking forward to walking to lunch.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2008, 12:27:28 pm »
Yes, it is pretty unique! Strange to find a belt buckle in an Albuquerque Western wear shop with a naked bullrider on it! And in a mixture of gold and silver, which I love because to me silver stands for Jack while gold is Ennis. I promise to get you a better picture soon as Front-Ranger Jr. returns from spring break with my digital camera (it's a Nikon in case you were wondering).

Today I'm wearing taupe pants, a taupe and blue plaid zip-up sleeveless shirt with a vest-type finish on the tail, a blue cardigan sweater, and blue sandals, so I can show off my red toenails. My jewelry is a small galloping silver horse on a chain and the ring I always wear of a silver circle and a gold circle. It's misty-moisty this morning with snow in the forecast but by lunchtime it should be in the 50s, so I'm looking forward to walking to lunch.

I'm sure I'll see your buckle in June.  :D  And what exactly is "taupe"?  ???

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2008, 01:27:27 pm »
Taupe is a kind of cool brown color Jeff. Jack was wearing this color jacket in the lake scene!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2008, 01:29:54 pm »
Taupe is a kind of cool brown color Jeff. Jack was wearing this color jacket in the lake scene!!

So that's taupe, hunh?  ;D

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2008, 11:26:20 pm »
old t shirt, bermuda shorts, old tennis shoes.