Author Topic: What are you wearing today?  (Read 130551 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: What are you wearing today?
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2008, 12:06:35 am »
old t shirt, bermuda shorts, old tennis shoes.

You forgot to tell me the colors!! I live in Colorado, so I hafta know the colors!!

Brokeplex, you sound like a cuddly teddy bear!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2008, 12:12:17 am »
the t shirt, well I'm looking down at it now, it is faded blue with a "Ft Worth Museum of Natural History" logo barely legible

the bermuda shorts are faded green and blue plaid,

the tennis shoes just need to be replaced, they are splitting down the sides and the soles are worn down, but I am too cheap to throw them out.

sometimes DL encourages me to adopt a new wardrobe by preemptively throwing out my old clothes. that boy has a lot of damn nerve.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2008, 12:16:13 am »
s'alright, s'alright, friend...I have a pair of sneakers like that too...they are red and white and say Adidas on the side. My son tells me they should be in the Smithsonian, LOL. I have had several pairs that have come and gone since them but I still keep my original sneakers.

I have a pair of running shoes that cost about $200 but it is just like putting 2 x 4s on my feet, they hurt so much and give me fits all the time...

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2008, 12:30:16 am »
s'alright, s'alright, friend...I have a pair of sneakers like that too...they are red and white and say Adidas on the side. My son tells me they should be in the Smithsonian, LOL. I have had several pairs that have come and gone since them but I still keep my original sneakers.

I have a pair of running shoes that cost about $200 but it is just like putting 2 x 4s on my feet, they hurt so much and give me fits all the time...

exactly, that is what I try to tell him, but he thinks that I should dress a little bit better when I go shopping or whatever. Hell, I'm a retired man in my early 50's, I don't need to "dress to impress", so I slouch like I used to when I was in high school.  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2008, 09:04:14 am »
the t shirt, well I'm looking down at it now, it is faded blue with a "Ft Worth Museum of Natural History" logo barely legible

the bermuda shorts are faded green and blue plaid,

the tennis shoes just need to be replaced, they are splitting down the sides and the soles are worn down, but I am too cheap to throw them out.

Please tell us you don't wear knee-high dress socks with your Bermuda shorts and tennis shoes?  ;D

sometimes DL encourages me to adopt a new wardrobe by preemptively throwing out my old clothes. that boy has a lot of damn nerve.

Who does he think he is, your mother?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2008, 09:11:04 am »
Today, a blue and white striped Oxford-cloth shirt from Lands' End, the dark charcoal corduroy slacks from L.L. Bean, and what I call my "cowboy-biker boots." They're black, and they have a Western heel, but the toe is square and there is a harness around the heel and over the instep.

Good thing I won't be on line tomorrrow. I'll be away tomorrow at a medieval reenactment, so I will be wearing knee-high heavy black boots, black and white vertical-striped tights, a big, poofy purple shirt (like what they used to call a Romeo shirt), a black leather doublet with epaulets and a standing collar, and a wide-brimmed black leather hat. With feathers!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2008, 10:12:54 am »
Very cool!  What do you do in the reenactment??

As little as possible.  :laugh:

Seriously, this is my get-away from so-called real life. Pretty much I try just to relax, socialize with friends, browse the stalls of the vendors who set up at these events, and enjoy the "feast" eaten by candlelight off fake pewter. I am a "man-at-arms" to my friend, who is "baron" of our local group; his "heir" has recently been chosen, so my friend will be stepping down in June. My duties are actually pretty much of the "help fetch-and-carry" variety, traveling with the baron to make sure he doesn't fall asleep on the way home from events, sometimes helping him to keep track of his schedule. I also do a lot of listening when he needs to kvetch.  ;D I've also gotten pretty good at setting up portable shade pavilions for outdoor events!  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2008, 11:26:04 am »
<Lee wiggles toes at susie>That sounds fabulous...have a great time tonite!! I like your new avatar!!

I will be wearing knee-high heavy black boots, black and white vertical-striped tights, a big, poofy purple shirt (like what they used to call a Romeo shirt), a black leather doublet with epaulets and a standing collar, and a wide-brimmed black leather hat. With feathers!  ;D

Jeff, I'm sure you will be able to fit this outfit into your carry-on bag for the Roundup, at least the tights and Romeo shirt if nothing else! We must see it!! I picture you as looking a little like the French guards in Spamalot. Have you seen it? Or, if not, have you seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail?? Can you say, "Your father was a 'amster and your mother smelled of elderberries"?

;D

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2008, 11:33:13 am »
I had a terrible time getting out of bed today, so I went with a super easy- no frills outfit.  A purple turtleneck sweater, black pants and black boots.

TGIF!  I can't wait for the end of the day when I can go home and put on sweat pants!
8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2008, 12:21:00 pm »
Jeff, I'm sure you will be able to fit this outfit into your carry-on bag for the Roundup, at least the tights and Romeo shirt if nothing else! We must see it!!

Not likely, little darlin'. I want to make it out of Wyoming alive.  :-\  Maybe I'll see if I can't bring some of my garb photos with me. I don't believe I have a full-length portrait in this particular combination. I de believe I have a snapshot of the shirt and doublet from Yule a couple of years ago. I probably should have said "pirate shirt" rather than "Romeo shirt."

I picture you as looking a little like the French guards in Spamalot. Have you seen it? Or, if not, have you seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail?? Can you say, "Your father was a 'amster and your mother smelled of elderberries"?

;D

Actually, I'm one of those Yanks who just doesn't "get" Monty Python. In fact, I find the Pythons annoying, so I have never seen either of the above. (Why on earth did a bunch of Brits pick the Liberty Bell March for their theme song?) Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served?, and As Time Goes By are more to my taste.