Author Topic: who/what in BBBM/real life would you like to "fix "rather than stand?  (Read 12594 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: who/what in BBBM/real life would you like to "fix "rather than stand?
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 07:17:17 pm »
Thanks Fiona!

I just love the analogy of the 2 of them 'fishing" for love.But never quite catching each other,a bit like Alma notes they never catch any fish.

Optom: may I say that I LOVE YOUR sentence!! So well thought! And written! I can see you being a writer for the BM II !! You wrote scripts?

Hugs!

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 07:26:23 pm »
I've always been convinced Ennis was almost there, almost all the way around the coffeepot, almost had found the handle. If only....

Wow, Pent, what a great line -- "almost all the way around the coffeepot".  I'm gonna think of that line every time I watch BBM, from here on out, thanks.  I believe the same thing...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline optom3

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 07:30:16 pm »
Thanks Fiona!

Optom: may I say that I LOVE YOUR sentence!! So well thought! And written! I can see you being a writer for the BM II !! You wrote scripts?

Hugs!

Now you are making me blush!!!!!!
I used to write short stories and my friends are always on at me to write  book.Sometimes I think about it,baed on incidents in my life,then I get cold feet.
Metaphorically speaking as it is actually pretty warm here in Florida.
Who knows maybe one day'
If so you can do the cover illustration!!!!!

xxx Fiona

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 07:35:02 pm »
I love the fishing for love concept! :) Brilliant!

Someone please refresh my memory; I remember hearing this saying and possibly from Brokeback, either the movie or SS, but I just can't put my finger on it. Fishing in the dark.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 07:54:51 pm »
Wow, Pent, what a great line -- "almost all the way around the coffeepot".  I'm gonna think of that line every time I watch BBM, from here on out, thanks.  I believe the same thing...

I can only take half the credit for it. My FRiend FRont-Ranger brought up a similar line long ago. I don't remember how exactly she phrased it, but she used Ennis's coffeepot metapher to describe him.
But thank you anyway.  :)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 08:02:22 pm »
Say Fiona:

If so you can do the cover illustration!!!!!

I would illustrate you kissing Jack's twin or Jack?? Which you prefer?

Or would you rather I place you in bed with both ?? I wonder what your husband would say to that ménage à 3?? Or would he join in... pour 4?

Do write a book! Composed of your mini stories! As your life is vived like mine is: rich to enrich us all too!!

Would you fix Jack or Ennis with another as to match each or one with a new boyfriend??
Or would each stand waiting for the old buddy, rather than kiss a new one??

Dare I ask?

Hugs!

Offline optom3

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 10:11:38 pm »
Say Fiona:

I would illustrate you kissing Jack's twin or Jack?? Which you prefer?

Or would you rather I place you in bed with both ?? I wonder what your husband would say to that ménage à 3?? Or would he join in... pour 4?

Do write a book! Composed of your mini stories! As your life is vived like mine is: rich to enrich us all too!!

Would you fix Jack or Ennis with another as to match each or one with a new boyfriend??
Or would each stand waiting for the old buddy, rather than kiss a new one??

Dare I ask?

Hugs!

Artiste ask what you want.
I  can see that over there  on "planet Artiste" life can take some real surreal turns. I am starting to feel that I have entered aparallel universe created by the love child of Dr Zeus and Roald Dahl!!!!!
Whatever you are on I want some please!!!!!

Personally in my fantasy world I would be quite happy with Heath back with us as Ennis, and reunited with Jack.They would of course live in a farm by a river so that they could go fishing every day,It would not matter if they caught nothing,because of course they would already have the catch of the day,each other.
There would be no fishing  jokes about the one that got away!!!!!
Of course they would have a a long lost adonis of a cousin/brother just waiting for you.!!!!!
Me, well I will just film the action,and of course if any demonstration of technique or personal choreography was needed,than I would be only to happy to stand in for either.Purely in the interest of artistic merit of course.

Meanwhile back on planet Earth,I just wish Heath was still with us.Then we could look forward to more epic performances from him,with or without Jake.

However it has to be said it is nice to travel to planet Artiste,where the flowers are truly beautiful,and just for a short while dreams can preside over reality, and hope springs eternal.That would be BBM mountain springs of course.
xxxx
Fiona

Offline Artiste

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 11:22:08 pm »
Since every person I met has troubles, including moi, yes me:

it just occurs to me:

a- how can you fix a life?

b- how can you stand a life?

I would like to know...
please tell.

Hugs! Can Ennis really fix his life even if he went to live with Jack? I want BM  II... to clear that?
Can Ennis even stand his life and not change a bit? Would BM  II show that or better?

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 11:41:37 pm »
Since every person I met has troubles, including moi, yes me:

it just occurs to me:

a- how can you fix a life?

b- how can you stand a life?

I would like to know...
please tell.

Hugs! Can Ennis really fix his life even if he went to live with Jack? I want BM  II... to clear that?
Can Ennis even stand his life and not change a bit? Would BM  II show that or better?

a- it is what iit is
b- because there is no other choice

No, Ennis can not fix his life by living with Jack.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 11:47:35 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

1- Some persons are however happy living with another person!! Right?
So maybe Ennis would have been happy living with Jack??  On the long run.... ?? !!

2- However, some persons are not well or do not want to live full time with another.
My lover/buddy Wayne was at times like that. So was I too at times. And somehow, I would have been better and would have been pleased to live with him FULL TIME!! If I could have...

Hard to say?

Would Jack have been HAPPY if Ennis lived with him?

What do you think? And others can say too!

Hugs!