Author Topic: Name the Ranch!  (Read 30348 times)

injest

Re: Name the Ranch!
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2008, 03:28:05 pm »
Guess it is time for me update the goings on at The Ranch. In May I started to see a friend on a much more intimate level. To put it simply we have been a couple since then. As a matter of fact he showed up at the Roundup in the Big Horn Mountains in June. I didn't introduce him but it was nice having him stop in. He is a little shy of the internet. But I did notice that someone did catch him in one picture. I am glad that he caught someone else's eye.

We were both gainfully unemployed this summer so we did what any unemployed couple would do, traveled, shopped and built the guest cabin for the ranch. It is done but now that we are both working it has been hard to get up there. The cabin is two stories and a combined square footage of about 1200. Every member of my family have gone up to give their opinions of the finished product but other than the final inspection with the contractor we have only spent one weekend there so far. And there isn't any furniture yet! The plan now is a new barn and fencing then build the main house.

And we have not decided on a name yet. Before the cabin was built we wanted to keep the property unmarked. Right now we have a green metal gate and a mailbox with the rural route number on it. But now that we can have guests we should make it a little more stylish. And the fact that all the relatives know where it is and that "NO" they can't build a cabin there I think it is safe to mark our territory!

Oh I don't know if I mentioned what we did for the guest cabin. It is above a small pond with a waterfall, in the pine trees and out of sight! It is a very  private spot. The main house will be out in the open next to an aspen grove but the cabin we wanted away from prying eyes! ::)

So I guess we better get busy on that name and the main house if they are going to be ready for the reception! ;)

WHAT?

You've met someone??!! and built a CABIN!!?

My you been a busy busy boy....

;D ;D

injest

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2008, 04:16:27 pm »
Actually, my cousin sent me these pics without explanation. But from the look of the trees I would say that these guys are on one of those big game farms they have down in Texas. We don't have foliage like that up here! ;)

oh I see....you blaming on Texas?  >:(

injest

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2008, 04:50:14 pm »
If the shoe fits......................

don't be no hater!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2008, 07:14:25 pm »

Congratulations to you and your partner, Dana. It's always nice to hear when two people meet-up and start a life together. I wish you both many, many happy years together. And what a beautifully romantic setting you have there on your ranch. An out-of-sight cabin in a pine forest by a waterfall sounds like heaven to me.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2008, 10:24:18 pm »

Astounding!! You must be pawing the white out of the moon!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2009, 06:52:17 am »

Back o' Beyond or Beyond n' Back

Beautiful mind

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2009, 01:01:55 am »
THERE AND BACK AGAIN! ;D

Actually we just spent the last two weeks at The Ranch and the problem of naming the ranch has been solved for me. The people on the property next to mine are building a new entrance into their place. So they are going in our gate and cutting across the field to their pasture. They are nice people so we aren't going to say anything but they did put a big sign up that has their family name and all of their first names at my front gate. So for now I am living on the "Anderson's Place". Got people all sorts of confused!

Got me confused too! Your neighbors need to get their own entrance!! And put their signs on it!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

injest

« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2009, 01:02:14 am »
goes and who are all them dogs??!

and why are you letting them use YOUR gate?!!

that is just wrong!

injest

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2009, 07:39:32 am »
Until the ground thaws they can't get the new gate in. And I kind of like the confusion the sign causes!

And that is Shadow, Trigger, Zippy and Stella. The last three are my cousins and that is my cousin.

And the light goes! Maybe I can say vandals took it!

good grief, Dana...I knew you was related to everyone in Wyoming but you even have cousins that are DOGS??

man and they talk about New Zealanders!!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2009, 10:15:18 pm »

My goodness how do they have the gall.??  To put their names up on your gate entrance.  That is just plain rude :-\

Beautiful mind