Author Topic: Do you or kids, partners have pet names, and will you admit to them?  (Read 8210 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
O.K so I will humiliate myself completely here.
My parents name for me was, and still is tilly flop,no idea why,my brother was buster.
This one hurt, at school I was called baboon cause it rhymed with my surname,and just as bad feefee.

My name for my daughter is poppet or spud, my middle son is muffin or matmoo, and my oldest is jimbo.
My 2 youngest call me mummy muffin.The oldest, well he just calls me!!!!!!
My husband calls me skinny minny,and also thinks it is funny ,to sing very badly, when will I see you again by the 3 degrees because, you guessed it I have 3 degrees.I am not that clever just did not fancy working!!!!!

So anyone else dare to own up?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Do you or kids, partners have pet names, and will you admit to them?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 12:46:09 am »
My hubby started calling me "pud" (rhymes with "hood") (and short for "pudding")..when I was pregnant with my first child......as a reference to me putting on weight while I was pregnant.  Said first child, is now 37 yrs old, and I am not overweight, but still get called "pud".

Youngest son calls me "the chook" (rhymes with "book")...."chook" is a word we use here in Australia for a "chicken"......dont know why or when he started calling me that.

I like pet names, they are unique and show a special endearment.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 12:53:11 am »

My best friend calls me Binny and I call him Trotter.  It's an extremely long story.  ;D

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 01:25:00 am »
well, my dad calls me 'annie' , which is a short version of leigh-ann i guess. 

my eldest girl, now 6, was called 'inchworm' when she was a baby learning to crawl.  i still call her that sometimes.

and my youngest, 4, i called 'boo-nut' , and still do.  don't know why...but it suits her.  i guess 'boo' is a poplular nickname 'cause i know 4 other kids called 'boo'

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 02:10:38 am »

and my youngest, 4, i called 'boo-nut' , and still do.  don't know why...but it suits her.  i guess 'boo' is a poplular nickname 'cause i know 4 other kids called 'boo'

LOL i used to call my daughter Boo Boo when she was little, and sometimes I just shortened to Boo.  Once she became a preteen and teen I called her Missy or Miss, but now thats not gender correct for her(?).  I just dont know what to say.. sometimes buddy boy or handsome...its hard

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 09:16:16 am »
Well my dad always called me "r" (lower case 'r' rather than capital 'R') and still does (my RL name's Rachel). As a kid I was always known as 'r', and my sister (Marie), unsurprisingly, was 'm', and my best friend from my school days' dad also always still calls me 'r' (I'm 35 now).

When I was at college, for some reason I could never work out, a friend of mine started calling me 'Deesy' and then so did the rest of my friends and it kind of stuck.

My ex-manager, who's also a close friend, always called me "mush", mostly when it was just the two of us in the office, but sometimes he'd forget in meetings which used to get some funny looks.

I answer to most things really. ;D

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 11:02:58 am »
Another humiliation coming right up!.

My parents name for me was, til the day they died Maggie Baggie Cotton drawers, had something to do with Pantie droop during a critical stage in my development,  my brother, that lucky so and so was Buddy.

At school I was called all sorts names life "amazon" because I was so much taller than everyone else.

My name for my daughter is pumpkinseed or Princess,  sometimes the two together Princess Pumpkinseed, ocassionally my husband and I will also call her muffin or Boo.  So far she pretty consistently call us Mommy and Popi

My husband calls me daring dottie and darling dottie, Babe and Honey, I call him honey bear and Darling Boy, Baby and Sweetness...

So anyone else dare to own up?
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline optom3

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 07:52:14 pm »
That is funny I forgot about pets.My retriever is called Rebo,we inherited her as she was a rescue dog and also her name.I call her reeby deeby,the maltese is snowy which I always change to snowdrop.The cats are Jack and Alex and to me they are Jackamo and ally pally.Even my car has a name she is Bertha,no idea why.
My daughter reminded me that I quite often call her emmy bemmy,her name is Emma,Matthew became matmoo because that was the only way that emma could pronounce his name,and it just stuck.Also he used to run round shouting matmoos done a poo.He thought it was hilarious at the time.The kids all call their dad nig the pig as his name is nigel.It is meant affectionately,allegedly!!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 06:17:20 pm »
I always call my nephew "Dumpling". It started when he was a baby and my mum used to sing him a little lullaby. The original words are this:

Bye, baby bunting
Daddy's gone a hunting
To get a little rabbit skin
To wrap his baby bunting in

Bye, baby bunting
Daddy's gone a hunting
To get a little lambie skin

Bye, baby bunting
Daddy's gone a hunting
A rosy wisp of cloud to win

...but my mum always used to sing instead, "To get a little rabbit skin, To wrap granny's dumpling in".

As a baby we all used to call him 'Dumpling', but it kind of stuck with me, and I still call him Dumpling (which he hates!). He's eight now and he says he's too old for silly names. He still answers to it though.  :)

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 04:50:38 pm »
My husband calls me "Muffin" (short for Muffin Head).  But only when he's being sarcastic, in a "Yes, DEAR," sort of a way.  He also calls me Babs.

I call my son Will "Sonny Bunny" and "Beanie Weanie."  I also sometimes call him Willoughby.

My Dad just calls me "Girl."  Usually, it's a term of endearment, but sometimes it's more like "You're fooling yourself, Girl."

No more beans!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 06:27:35 pm »
No pet names ever given to me by friends or family.

I was given the pet name of "fruit" by one ex-boyfriend (short for 'fruitcake') and "goose" by another because I'd called him a silly goose once, so he started calling me that.

injest

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 06:31:25 pm »
No pet names ever given to me by friends or family.

I was given the pet name of "fruit" by one ex-boyfriend (short for 'fruitcake') and "goose" by another because I'd called him a silly goose once, so he started calling me that.

yes you have...."Del"!! LOL!

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 06:36:30 pm »
yes you have...."Del"!! LOL!

:laugh: :laugh:

Oops, forgot about that one, my bad.  ;D

injest

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 06:51:49 pm »
:laugh: :laugh:

Oops, forgot about that one, my bad.  ;D

and it is UNIQUE!! Who else has the nickname 'of'???

Offline ZK

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 05:32:33 pm »
My dearest friend calls me Boris when she is being mischievous.

I used to call my daughter "Sunshine" when she was a baby, now I sometimes call her "sweet pea", or more often "Mai" which is short for her first name Maya. 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 06:23:51 pm »
MY niece rhanna gets called banana (cos it rhymes) and moley cos she used to put her little arms up to her face when she was a baby.

My second niece is called Kinvara and she just gets Vara.

My littlest niece Orla is orla - she she gests orly or orly porly.

Callum - I call Mr Callum.

Me - I'm not sure what I get called - probably just the yes dear thing!

My cat Skimble gets called fat cat, chat, kitkat (as in the chocolate bar!)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 06:44:26 pm »
This is a fun thread!

My friend Vicki and I call ourselves Adele and Lydia, respectively...I forget where we got the names, but we used to write notes back and forth in junior high with our codenames - as if the teachers wouldn't know who we were if we were found out!  ::) :laugh:

My grandmother called my brother and me, Bubba and Sissy, short southern-ese, I believe, for Brother and Sister.  For the years past, and in more normalized times, I would sign cards to Billy -Sissy.

My kitties are Titania and Oberon...they get modified to 'Tania and ObieKitty, tho.  8)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 12:37:18 pm »
My friends are "Jacks" so I have named them Jack of Hearts (RodneyWY), Jack of Diamonds (Vermont Sunset), Jack of Spades (Offline Chuck Destry), and me, I'm Jack of Clubs. Our friend EDelMar is no Jack, he is an Ennis, so we call him Ennis, E., or Ace (or Pennsylvania Jones or... he has many names)

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline optom3

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 07:47:44 pm »
I have just remembered a boyfriend who used to call meS.O.P which sttod for sack of potatoes. I sure knew how to pick them!!!!!
Also some nasty kids at school called me baboon. as it rhymed with my surname, colquhoun, but pronounced cahoon!!!!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 11:01:42 am »
I was called Peanut !!

For a while. I brought peanut butter sandwiches to school !

But why peanut ?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 08:22:18 pm »
Well, in the past, one of my exs called me "ChuckBear" because I am so hairy.  I called him "BigGuy" because of his big heart.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 10:27:15 pm »
Well, in the past, one of my exs called me "ChuckBear" because I am so hairy.  I called him "BigGuy" because of his big heart.

Yeah........suuuuuuuure..... ::) ::) ::)
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 08:26:47 am »
Yeah........suuuuuuuure..... ::) ::) ::)

I knew as soon as I posted that, someone would make a perverted connection.  lmao!  Truly, it was his big heart.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 03:35:07 pm »
Just remembered another one, Matt used it only the other night which is why it is fresh in my mind,he calls me, mumsy wumsy,and fona moaner.!!!!

Emma also got called emma bemma had a dilemma,which she hated.Now it is just emmy bemmy.

We also used to have a meal ritual which my husband taught them all .2,4,6,8, bog in don't wait.He used to say it at his ultra exclusive school.!!!!
I thought my mother was going to explode when she first heard it,there she was with her bless this food etc, when up pops Matt with our version.