Author Topic: Scientology, Hollywood & South Park  (Read 17373 times)

Offline Fla_Tim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Scientology, Hollywood & South Park
« on: March 17, 2006, 12:03:20 pm »
I found this funny online article today after I read Annie Proulx's comments about Oscar night and the big Scientology sign.  >:(

http://www.variety.com/VR1117939918.html

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
Re: Scientology, Hollywood & South Park
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 08:50:27 pm »
OMG....TIM....that's too funny.  I'm an avid South Park Fan!!  I've heard all this flack and am astounded by it.  South Park makes fun of EVERYONE....and admits as much in it's intro.  We can certainly eliminate Tom Cruise <Mr. Sofa jumper> from any kind of rational behavior...anyway.  He's just plain NUTS!!  But I'm soooooo sad losing Isaac Hayes!!  His chocolate salty balls...are the BEST!!   ;)  Amazing what a flurry of self righteous indignation Ms. Proulx's writings have caused...huh?  I, for one, LOVE IT!! 

HUgssssssss....Nancy   :-*
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Fla_Tim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 11:40:47 am »
Yeah that is too bad about losing the voice of Chef Chef, though I have to admit I forgot it was Isaac Hayes, but how hard can it be to find another deep booming voice to do the character if they want to continue him.

I go through spells of watching it and then not. It usually comes to my aid when I'm taking things in the world way to seriously, then I start watching it and the Daily Show again. I've never seen the episode the Scientologist crowd is up in arms about, hopefully it will make it to the DVD release.

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 06:00:00 pm »
I agreed when the SP creators said that ~ I'm paraphrasing ~"tolerance should start with what is personal. Not end there." 
Just hope they don't kill off Chef~ in case Isaac changes his mind.  (Which I hope he does!)
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 06:40:29 am »
Here's the latest on the South Park Wars.  Matt and Trey will most definitely capitalize on THIS...I'm sure!!  Hooray for them....!!  Saw the two of them on TV the other night...an interview.  Those two will NAIL Tom Cruise again....!!  And BOY...does he need nailing.  I think he's gone totally off his rocker!!!  This will give them the material they need for a load of new shows!!  Whooopeee!!!

http://articles.news.aol.com/tv/article.adp?id=20060317173709990002&ncid=NWS00010000000001
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 06:45:37 am »

I've never seen the episode the Scientologist crowd is up in arms about, hopefully it will make it to the DVD release.

HEY TIM....HI!!  Supposedly the 'episode' will show again this Wednesday evening.  Whether that's true or not...I'm not sure.  It's a VERY funny episode...had me ROARING!!  I'm like you....when things get serious I take a trip to South Park...for some good fun!!  See you there....!! 

Hugsssssssss.....Nancy

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 06:47:54 am »
I agreed when the SP creators said that ~ I'm paraphrasing ~"tolerance should start with what is personal. Not end there." 
Just hope they don't kill off Chef~ in case Isaac changes his mind.  (Which I hope he does!)

I hear ya "J"....and if they kill off Chef....who will make his 'Salty Balls' for the carnival?   ;)

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 08:12:52 am »
I've never seen the episode the Scientologist crowd is up in arms about, hopefully it will make it to the DVD release.

If you go to http://www.xenu.net/ there is a link to download the episode.  It's very funny, as always.  There must have been a lot of people downloading because your encouraged to use bittorrent.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Fla_Tim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 12:17:37 pm »

[/quote]

HEY TIM....HI!!  Supposedly the 'episode' will show again this Wednesday evening.  Whether that's true or not...I'm not sure.  It's a VERY funny episode...had me ROARING!!  I'm like you....when things get serious I take a trip to South Park...for some good fun!!  See you there....!! 

Hugsssssssss.....Nancy
[/quote]

Thanks Nancy! I'll have to watch and see if it is the one. Comedy Central and Tivo are being vague about what new episode they will air.

Offline Fla_Tim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 02:57:23 pm »

If you go to http://www.xenu.net/ there is a link to download the episode.  It's very funny, as always.  There must have been a lot of people downloading because your encouraged to use bittorrent.

I went there but the non torrent links are dead. I've never used bit torrent, is it difficult to set up?

Thanks!

Tim