Author Topic: Scientology, Hollywood & South Park  (Read 17284 times)

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Scientology, Hollywood & South Park
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 05:50:05 pm »
I went there but the non torrent links are dead. I've never used bit torrent, is it difficult to set up?

Yes it's very easy to use bittorrent.  You need a BT client and there are lots of them around.  I like Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) because it easy to use and has resonable default settings when you tell it your internet connection speed. Once you've downloaded and installed the client, start it and have it running in the background, then go back to the clambake site and click on the URL that has the ".torrent" extension.  Azueus should activate and give you a file save dialog.  Once you've specified the location it should download automatically, connecting to anyone that has all (seeders) or part (peers) of the file already.  Note that once you've downloaded the file you should right-click the entry in Azureus' bottom window pane and select "Remove -> and delete torrent file" and shut down Azureus otherwise you will continue to act as a peer for others to download it from you utilising your bandwidth.  Bittorrent is designed to transfer very large files very quickly, so while it is running you may experience slow surfing performance.

This is off topic for the forum and the discussion, so if you have any further questions feel free to send me a private e-mail by personal message.

Best regards, Chris.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 05:31:20 am »
The Scientology bit on South Park is on Wednesday....as far as their web site tells!!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/downloads/images.php?season=1

Catch it if you can....!!
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Fla_Tim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 07:41:47 am »
Hey Chris, thanks!!!!!

I got it to work and DL the episode. I'm still laughing about it, "Mr. Cruise, Come out of the closet".

My partner said it was hysterical, he ususally shakes his head in disdain when I watch South Park.

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 08:21:18 am »
I got it to work and DL the episode. I'm still laughing about it, "Mr. Cruise, Come out of the closet".

No problems Tim, happy that I could help.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Fla_Tim

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 10:23:24 am »
I agreed when the SP creators said that ~ I'm paraphrasing ~"tolerance should start with what is personal. Not end there." 
Just hope they don't kill off Chef~ in case Isaac changes his mind.  (Which I hope he does!)

I hear ya "J"....and if they kill off Chef....who will make his 'Salty Balls' for the carnival?   ;)

Don't write Chef Chef off just yet -- According to the local paper Tonight at 10 "The Return of Chef", a hastily put together episode of South Park titled  "The Return of Chef", which reacts to the news that Isaac Hayes, who has voiced over the character Chef, has quit the show.

I can't wait myself.

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 03:47:58 am »
"anozinizing"? I don't know what this word means. I'm getting conturbulated about it. Please clear me.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2006, 04:28:46 pm »
Loathe Scientology, love South Park.  And Hollywood (explitive deleted!).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 10:41:26 pm by julie01 »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 08:45:48 pm »
Loathe Scientology, love South Park, and Hollywood (explitive deleted!)
Actually, I find Scientology such a bad religion that it's funny, and a good bad example, so that when people try to push their religion on you (as they have been doing at IMDb BBM rather a lot), you can say "Well, if yours, why not Scientology?" Is there a "divinely inspired" book LRH has written?
Although that said, I know it's wrecked many lives (perhaps Tom Cruise's most of all), sucked many people dry financially, and screwed up a lot of people's heads.

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 05:13:50 am »
"anozinizing"? I don't know what this word means. I'm getting conturbulated about it. Please clear me.

HI Shuggy....nice to meet you!!  And I don't have a CLUE what it means either.  And....LOL...where the HECK did you find that word?  I'm getting even MORE conturbulated about it!!  Could that be called hyperconturbulation?   ::)

And I hear ya....about Scientology.  It's totally bizarre too.  I ADORE John Travolta...but I can't believe that he could be suckered in by it...also.  The episode on South Park was one of the funniest I'd EVER seen.  A classic!!  And their retort to the snub....on their new season premiere....was SO 'tongue in cheek'. 

And JULIE....nice to meet YOU too!!  And ^5  GIRL!!  [/b] [/color]
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 01:39:26 pm »
One of my favorite sites is www.malcovision.com .  The guys (Matt & Robbie) are awesome and have great high-quality clips of just exactly the stuff I love.  You can find both the original South Park episode with Tom Cruis in the closed, and the next one about Chef. 

The 'Chef is a Pedophile' epidose: http://malcontent.biz/video/southpark-chef-hi.wmv

Original 'Tom in the Closet' episode: http://malcontent.biz/video/closet-hi.wmv

There's also the clip of Rufus Wainright singing the "Maker Makes' from Logo TV, and so many other wonderful clips, so scroll through everything.  It's very much a gay-themed site, but it's all great, and lots of Daily Show and Colbert Report clips too, and they're happy to have stright and gay and everything-in-between visitors.

Enjoy!!!!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)