Author Topic: Poll: Your opinion on Jake's silence  (Read 119183 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Poll: Your opinion on Jake's silence
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2008, 03:00:21 am »

I  am saying that I dont think Jake is required to give anyone any testamony about his
feelings, as regards his best friend..  He is allowed to keep his feelings to himself for as long as
he needs to do so..I am sure somewhere down the line, he will make a statement.  But in his
own time, and in his own way.  I feel that the people that think he "should" make some kind
of a remark, should be examining their own motives as to why they think that it is required for
him to do so.  I personally dont think he owes me anythig. I am a fan, but as so many people are
want to do..Decry the media and the papparazi for chasing the famous people..They themselves
are doing the same thing in this way...Its the same thing in a different form.  You cant have
it both ways.. You either dont think they owe you anything at all, about their private life, or the
do...Its not fair for him to be expected to give you some things and not others,  According to\
your own choosing... If this issue is not something that can be kept private.. Nothing is.  I know
from when my family died all within 18 mos of each other.  I didnt ever want to talk about it.
The reason was simple..Anytime i did i would embaress myself by starting to cry...I would feel
humiliated and stupid and the object of pity and sausing others discomfort.. Therefor I just didnt talk about it at all...Wherether or not this is his motivation, i dont know.  But for the time being i certainly think he deserves to be left alone and not disrespected for not giving us all warm fuzzies
by explaining his personal feeling for all the world to judge and decide his sincerity. I do know that
at this time anything he may say, would never suffice.

Beautiful mind

yb

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2008, 03:33:05 am »
ifyoucantfixit, I certainly and definitely respect your opinion as I have said all along I can see both sides' arguments.  But I seem to remember back when Heath was alive there was a discussion about how Heath hated being chased and goaded by the paparazzi.  You have said to the effect that he's in this business, he should tolerate this kind of treatment, and if he couldn't, then he should consider leaving.  So it was Heath's fault.  But now, you are equating those who wanted to hear just a simple statement through Jake's PR as paparazzi, which I can't disagree more, and now the fault is on them.  Double standard much?

This kind of back and forth argument is getting really tedious and going nowhere.  May I suggest the mods to consider closing this thread?

mvansand76

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2008, 04:05:01 am »
ifyoucantfixit, I certainly and definitely respect your opinion as I have said all along I can see both sides' arguments.  But I seem to remember back when Heath was alive there was a discussion about how Heath hated being chased and goaded by the paparazzi.  You have said to the effect that he's in this business, he should tolerate this kind of treatment, and if he couldn't, then he should consider leaving.  So it was Heath's fault.  But now, you are equating those who wanted to hear just a simple statement through Jake's PR as paparazzi, which I can't disagree more, and now the fault is on them.  Double standard much?

This kind of back and forth argument is getting really tedious and going nowhere.  May I suggest the mods to consider closing this thread?

I don't see a reason for closing this thread at this time, until now people have just stated their opinion without becoming personal. The discussion will die down eventually and we will move on.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2008, 08:16:52 am »
I don't see a reason for closing this thread at this time, until now people have just stated their opinion without becoming personal. The discussion will die down eventually and we will move on.

I agree. This is obviously an issue that some people feel very strongly about. But we all have a right to our own opinion; that's what a poll is all about. So let's disagree respectfully. If you feel like you'll be upset by someone's opposing viewpoint, then please simply try to avoid this thread.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2008, 08:26:52 am »
I think its a bit weird that he hasn't said anthing, but on the other hand, I dont really know what I would be expecting him to say.

Its all been said............
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2008, 09:10:15 am »
I think its a bit weird that he hasn't said anthing, but on the other hand, I dont really know what I would be expecting him to say.

Its all been said............

But don't we all still enjoy reading/hearing all the great quotes/tributes from  family, friends and co-stars about him? Through them i learned a lot more about Heath and respect him even more. He was so private, kept all his talents to himself, those people are now sharing it with the world. They want us to know what a multi talent he was. They are a great counterpart to the tabloid stories about him. I really appreciate that! :) What if everyone who knew him remained silent? We wouldn't have any of that!

mvansand76

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2008, 09:16:21 am »
But don't we all still enjoy reading/hearing all the great quotes/tributes from  family, friends and co-stars about him? Through them i learned a lot more about Heath and respect him even more. He was so private, kept all his talents to himself, those people are now sharing it with the world. They want us to know what a multi talent he was. They are a great counterpart to the tabloid stories about him. I really appreciate that! :) What if everyone who knew him remained silent? We wouldn't have any of that!

Exactly!  :-*

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2008, 09:35:28 am »

Absolutely.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2008, 10:00:22 am »

I agree. This is obviously an issue that some people feel very strongly about. But we all have a right to our own opinion; that's what a poll is all about. So let's disagree respectfully. If you feel like you'll be upset by someone's opposing viewpoint, then please simply try to avoid this thread.

I think having this thread open is important, because it provides a place to work through this issue on its own.  Otherwise, this question would continue to permeate all sorts of other threads (like HHH and JJJ where this discussion has been very intense and interesting... but which has also steered those threads in unexpected directions at times).  So, it seems reasonable to have a space dedicated to this topic.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2008, 10:38:07 am »
Thanks for agreeing with me Snavel and belbbmfan!  :-*