Author Topic: Poll: Your opinion on Jake's silence  (Read 119132 times)

mvansand76

Re: Poll: Your opinion on Jake's silence
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2008, 03:45:21 am »
You know I didn't drop over to have a give and take discussion about Jake's money or his choice of health care providers. I have no interest in those issues. When I came over last week, I was shocked to see a poll  being conducted  about Jake; about  deeply personal and intimate issues;his grief over Heath and whether he should or should not have made a statement. I decided to post.

Healing encompasses  more than just money.  Rich people die just as fast as poor people depending on the cause of the illness.  Any musculoskeletal injury  still causing problems after 4 days is going to become a problem,  and  will require various modalities to heal properly, i.e. Game Ready which has to be prescribed by a doctor.

You can be as rich as Croesus,  but if you injure yourself on March 12, and you are still not  back to normal by March 16-17,  you will need to pursue other modalities to heal properly. The four day rule always works.
It seems that some posters here are angry, upset  and put out with Jake--I know what snark is-- so I will not come back here. We've lost one of our boys  and we need to thank God that we have one  of the BBM male actors left. None of us is promised tomorrow and I can't do this.
 Enough  is enough.
s

I'm sorry, but this shows that you haven't read the replies on this thread. Nobody is angry with Jake, at the most some people are dissappointed with him or baffled by his silence. We all still respect him as the person who gave us Jack just as we respect Heath for giving us Ennis.

This is not LJ where vicious rants were posted against Jake, this is just a discussion thread where people can post their feelings without being badgered or misinterpreted.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2008, 06:04:31 am »

I'm sorry, but this shows that you haven't read the replies on this thread. Nobody is angry with Jake, at the most some people are dissappointed with him or baffled by his silence. We all still respect him as the person who gave us Jack just as we respect Heath for giving us Ennis.

This is not LJ where vicious rants were posted against Jake, this is just a discussion thread where people can post their feelings without being badgered or misinterpreted.

Exactly right Mel. I voted for "I think it,s weird" but again that,s just my opinion. I certainly don,t think any less of him for not saying anything and it doesn,t mean I won,t watch any more of his movies. I still think it,s a bit odd that he hasn,t said anything, BUT, that is entirely his choice and he obviously has his reasons which are personal to him. He doesn,t owe us an explanation and if chooses to be silent then so be it. By the way I havn,t seen any vicious rants against Jake on LJ? Where are they?  I understand totally that after Heaths death people were angry, upset and a million and one other things, but that does not give them the right to attack poor Jake. By the way, what doesn snark mean? I,ve never heard of that before.  :-\

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2008, 12:24:48 pm »
I´m not very sure if we must keep on posting here.I´m afraid sooner or later it could perfectly end in gossip and personal attacks.IMO,and please,that nobody gets angry with me for saying this...
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2008, 03:06:58 pm »
You know I didn't drop over to have a give and take discussion about Jake's money or his choice of health care providers. I have no interest in those issues. When I came over last week, I was shocked to see a poll  being conducted  about Jake; about  deeply personal and intimate issues;his grief over Heath and whether he should or should not have made a statement. I decided to post.

Healing encompasses  more than just money.  Rich people die just as fast as poor people depending on the cause of the illness.  Any musculoskeletal injury  still causing problems after 4 days is going to become a problem,  and  will require various modalities to heal properly, i.e. Game Ready which has to be prescribed by a doctor.

You can be as rich as Croesus,  but if you injure yourself on March 12, and you are still not  back to normal by March 16-17,  you will need to pursue other modalities to heal properly. The four day rule always works.
It seems that some posters here are angry, upset  and put out with Jake--I know what snark is-- so I will not come back here. We've lost one of our boys  and we need to thank God that we have one  of the BBM male actors left. None of us is promised tomorrow and I can't do this.
 Enough  is enough.
s

I was replying to a post where the poster said that s/he experienced that doctors and nurses not always take their time to treat their patients properly. And my reply was that you'd think rich actors/people can afford better doctors or treatment. I don't get what was offensive about it.

I also didn't notice vicious rants against Jake on LJ. I've seen plenty of fights whether Jake and Reese are a real couple or not though.  ::) I think his BBM fans are the only ones who wonder because of the lack of statement/tribute, other fans of his don't seem to think about it too much.

karen1129

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2008, 02:49:43 pm »
I don't post on here but I have been reading it.
I guess my question and thinking has always been how
could Jake making any kind of statement be our business.
I suspect even if he said something, someone would say
it wasn't enough, etc. 
How could anything he says or doesn't say change our life?
Just being "disappointed" in him for not is kind of wrong to
me.... cause...  why does it matter.
It's a private matter and should have no effect on any of us.

FWIW

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2008, 11:26:51 am »
I also didn't notice vicious rants against Jake on LJ.

I did.

Don't feel any differently about Jake; but I sure as hell have lost a lot of respect for some of his "fans." 

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2008, 01:39:31 pm »
I did.

Don't feel any differently about Jake; but I sure as hell have lost a lot of respect for some of his "fans." 

Well if some people said mean things about Jake on LJ, i suppose they weren't real fans in the first place and use his relationship with Reese and silence about Heath to attack hiim. They probably look for reasons to do so.
His fans don't always have to understand/agree with his actions, they also have a right to question some of his actions, but in a respectful way of course. The other people you mentioned weren't real fans in the first place!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2008, 12:07:16 am »
I did.

It personally affected me to see those who styled themselves as "Jake fans" turn on him, like he was revealed to be a god made of clay after all and deserved to be attacked. And yes, I have seen some of the commentary about Jake as an unjustified attack on him personally.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2008, 03:36:18 am »
I think it must have been only a few people. What i notice  when someone posts his pics there... most of the posters are drooling! ;)
Every actor/actress gets nasty posts from haters. It's like that unfortunately! Though i understand it's annyoing like some posters on imdb.com who come to Heath's board and call him "a piece of crap junkie". Like i said, it's annoying, but we can't do anything about people like that!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2008, 10:39:16 am »
Like i said, it's annoying, but we can't do anything about people like that!

And I'm sure the celebrities are completely used to it, if they pay any attention at all. Like a rich successful movie star is going to let himself get upset over what some pimply troll on imdb said about him!  :laugh: I'm sure they save it for comments by professional critics and industry bigwigs -- people with actual power and/or credibility.