Author Topic: BBM my finale in verse  (Read 3472 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
BBM my finale in verse
« on: March 25, 2008, 05:32:29 pm »
I am to say the least,a real amateur here.In fact this is my first attempt to write anything.I am an optometrist by training.However as with many,
BBM got under my skin,and has remained so ever since.Last night unable to sleep,I decided for the first time to write down some of the many things tumbling through my head.I do not expect to win any paludits,but at least it whiled away a few hours last night.And as my husband has no interest,in BBM I have only fellow Bettermost folk to share with.

BROKEBACK,OPEN SPACE,CLOSED.

Old manTwist gone,no more disdain,
earth cold,hard,remnants,remains.
The call expected,memories pour as rain,
Ennis Del Mar,mumbling,voice etched,pain.

The soil dry,fingers old,gnarled,flowers long wilted,
smile at the edge,mouths' contours tilted.
Words,no need,coffee,cake,not offered,
hands clasp bag,past put right,long deferred.

At the truck,qick,blink,miss it,a glance,
staring,knowing,starts,breaks the trance.
A hanger once bent,shirts worn,stained,
reviving stories,love,and memories retained.

Horse restless,uneasy,startle point low,
Brokeback,rises,craggy,secrets,moments in time,snow.
Hidden,crouching,eyes watch,paws lethal,raised,
strike,gap closed,no space now,with one blow,erased.

Lying staring,pain gone,euphoric now,white moon,
lets refrains,melodies,slide forward,just once in tune.
Warmth suffuses,from center,permeates through bone,
peace comes,qick,quiet,smiling,no longer alone.

Daughter sees through tears,years,must be done,
left together there,in life two,death combines as one.

She knew,had seen,life drained,as time rides,robs,
coffee grinds,boots,spirit,broken,wretching sobs.
But Karma's reins,steer now,horse not startled,bold
love continues,beyond,never ending,as arms enfold.

Sun glints,catches buckle,marks time,place,
laughter on wind,breezes,hovers,fills,once open space,
From lifes belief,stems relief now,yielding dreams sweet,bright,
Brokeback,breathes,sings,spring,hope reborn,as man's wrongs,now right.

O.K so please dont shoot me down in flames!!!! I  gave fair warning this was a first attempt at anything remotely like this,but it sprang fom a deep love of BBM.And a the fact that it continues to haunt my every moment,to this day.I wanted some sort of resolution for Jack and Enns,and ultimately,me.As I could not bring Jack back to life,I decided to send Ennis to him instead.I know it is a bit trite and Hallmark,but at least the words are not,crowding my brain any more.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 08:25:39 pm by optom3 »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: BBM my finale in verse
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:22:10 pm »
This is perhaps one of the best poems devoted to BBM that I've ever read.  Forgive me: I can't post a detailed crtiique, as I'm at work and I had better get back to it  :laugh:  But I really enjoyed reading your poem.  You're very talented.  I would like to read more of your writing.  Thanks again for sharing!

Offline optom3

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 07:51:15 pm »
This is perhaps one of the best poems devoted to BBM that I've ever read.  Forgive me: I can't post a detailed crtiique, as I'm at work and I had better get back to it  :laugh:  But I really enjoyed reading your poem.  You're very talented.  I would like to read more of your writing.  Thanks again for sharing!

Thank you so much for your kind words,I was so scared of posting,I literally hovered over the button for about 10 minutes.Hands shaking,which was nearly a terrible waste of a large vodka,tonic.Just your one kind comment made it all worth while.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 07:47:38 am »
BROKEBACK,OPEN SPACE,CLOSED.,

Hi optom,

I thought this was great and I'm glad you shared it with us.  Everyone here understands the need to do something with all those thoughts tumbling through our heads - and to try and "fix it."  I hope to see more of your writing.  :)

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 12:19:28 am »
Thank you so much for your kind words,I was so scared of posting,I literally hovered over the button for about 10 minutes.Hands shaking,which was nearly a terrible waste of a large vodka,tonic.Just your one kind comment made it all worth while.

You're very welcome.  Keep writing!  :)

injest

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 09:40:46 am »
very nice, Fiona! You certainly expressed some raw emotion....for some of us, we are so far from our first rush of emotion over the film, the emotions are more of a memory....when new people come and share their experiences it gives us a chance to feel those emotions again..

Thank you for sharing!!

XX

Offline optom3

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 10:33:56 am »
I am very new to all this.At the grand age of nearly 50,I am struggling to come to terms with it all.The death of Heath has made it even worse.I was always known as the unsentimental one who never even got a lump in her throat at films,let alone sobbing uncontrolably for weeks.
I thought the other day that I had finally gained a sense of perspective,that is untillI watched the interview with the artist of Heaths' painting.
Back to square one!!!!!!
I am completely at a loss to understand what is happening to me.It has even triggered a bout of depression,which I have not had for years.In fairness that was just waiting to happen at any time due to a number of stressful events.It was the film however that tipped the balance.
I remember when Princess Diana died I could not get over the grief of the general public.I thought they had all gone mad.Now here am I in such a state over  a film and the death  of Heath. Very very strange.
The upside is that I always have BetterMost and this place gives me sanctuary and a bit of peace.!!!!!!