Our BetterMost Community > BetterMost People

Collections - What do you collect?

<< < (2/26) > >>

Brown Eyes:
I collect books by Edward Gorey.  I have quite a number of them now and I have two that are autographed (The Doubtful Guest and The Willowdale Handcar).  I like to try to find rare editions, etc. when possible. My parents own an original drawing, which I covet.  I'm more of a Gorey buff than they are, but they still like him well enough to have bought that drawing.  Back when my parents lived in Connecticut and in the times when I've interned in NYC, long ago, I also used to visit the Gotham Book Store in NYC on occasion to check out what they had in terms of collectibles.  My collecting of these things has fallen off a bit lately.  But, it's something I'd like to get back to eventually.

Fran:
I collect coffee mugs from places I've visited.  I just started doing this about four years ago, so it's not a massive collection... yet.  When we serve coffee or hot chocolate everyone gets a different mug, which makes for interesting conversation.

I also "collect" Patricia Locke jewelry.  I love her designs!  :)

David In Indy:

--- Quote from: susiebk on March 29, 2008, 09:25:19 am ---Oh, very nice!  Do you still have them?  My dragon plates also have wizards and crystals on them, and some of my larger dragons sit atop crystals.  My favorite dragons are my retired white Windstone dragon family.

--- End quote ---

I still have them, yes. They are packed away in boxes. I should get them back out sometime. A few of the wizards have a dragon next to them too! :)

optom3:
I think mine must be the most boring of all.I collect those slippers you get from hotels!!!!! They just remind me of all the fabulous places I have been lucky enough to visit.I also collect Halcyon Days little enamel pill boxes.
When I was younger I used to collect old bottles,the sort with the marble in the top.And also old pharmacy bottles,however I sold them some time ago.

brokeplex:
historical maps, historical flags, limited edition etchings and lithographs, some oil paintings, collectable first editions or historic books, historic signatures,
film stills, original movie posters and lobby cards, and antique furniture and furnishings. and of course lots of dust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version