Author Topic: Dame Maggie Smith Fighting Breast Cancer  (Read 1864 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Dame Maggie Smith Fighting Breast Cancer
« on: April 02, 2008, 03:44:17 am »
I personally have always admired Dame Maggie.  An exceptional actress and a great lady..my thoughts are with her and my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery

Dame Maggie Smith Fighting Breast Cancer
Writing by Dave on Tuesday, 18 March, 2008 at 11:33 am

We want to write this up to tabloid stupidity, but we know what happens when we don’t take cancer seriously. We look like fools.

Dame Maggie Smith, most recently world-renowned for her portrayal of Professor McGonnagall in the Harry Potter films, but generally renowned as an A-class badass, is reportedly battling breast cancer.

Writes England’s Daily Mail:

Dame Maggie is said to have insisted on going ahead with filming the latest installment of the hit [Potter] series last month even though she was undergoing radiation therapy at the time.

“She is dealing with it in her typically brave and understated way,” one of her friends told the Mandrake column.

“She has had a tumour removed and subsequently completed a course of chemotherapy.

“This was precautionary and the prognosis looks good. The last thing she wants to do is to make a fuss about it.”

Dame Maggie will always be Wendy in Steven Spielberg’s Hook to us, even though she blew us away in Gosford Park (pretty much the only thing to illicit a reaction in the first hour of Gosford Park), The First Wives Club and the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.

There is something comforting about Maggie Smith on screen, and the 73-year-old actress seems to be pushing on.

By most accounts (of which there are only two or three), the cancer was caught early enough to be treated.
Life is not a dress rehearsal