Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1062356 times)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #1750 on: July 22, 2006, 11:32:03 am »
Nope :(  I actually have never seen the movie.  (I know I know...)  I have seen a movie about making Citizen Kane, but not the actual movie.  I know it's No. 1 on the list of the best movies, but is it really worth that title?  If so, I will get the DVD.

The person below got their driver's license with only one road test.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #1751 on: July 22, 2006, 11:56:55 am »
True! I got my license right on my 16th birthday too!

The person below me has more than 2 cars in their family.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #1752 on: July 22, 2006, 12:59:20 pm »
False, just the 2 for me. My sister's and my dad's. Hopefully when I drive there will be 3 but for now I will just have to dream.

The person below me has been put in a very arkward situation lately by a friend/ family member.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1753 on: July 22, 2006, 03:10:06 pm »
True.  My stepmother tried to invite her son along to my small birthday dinner recently.  She laments that he and I (and her other children) are "not closer."  This is very annoying to me.  We're all adults; we were teenagers with independent lives when we became step-siblings; we get along fine; what more does she expect, and how did she think it was okay to do her own inviting to my party?  And she thinks I'm a sourpuss-hardass for telling her it would not be okay to invite him.  (Fortunately I nipped it in the bud so he never found out.)

Very, very vexing.

Soooooo,
The person below me is right-handed but left-eyed.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #1754 on: July 23, 2006, 02:52:39 am »
right handed, and right eyed. I guess I never really had to think about which eye I prefer. Thinking back, i think I use my right eye to look through telescopes and such.

the person below me is a fan of the Lord of the Rings series (books, animations, or live action films).
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #1755 on: July 23, 2006, 05:46:37 am »
I'm afraid this will be a "no". I have been watching the "Lord of the Rings" films with my 12 year old son this week, and didn't enjoy it at all. Not my kind of movie at all. And so serious!

The person below wonders why they stopped receiving the replies to this thread (I wonder what else I've been missing!)

" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #1756 on: July 23, 2006, 12:17:04 pm »
I have no idea what that means. How were you "receiving replies"? Were you getting them emailed to you?

the person below me will explain what I'm not understanding.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #1757 on: July 23, 2006, 01:14:48 pm »
Well yes, don't you? I get an E-mail telling me so and so has posted a new reply to such and such thread (that I've either been reading only, or posting in), and then I must click on the link provided in order to get on the actual thread at the place of the new post. If I only read the reply post on my E-mail without going onto the Bettermost forum, I stop receiving the new replies. Which might be what I did, but I do not think so.

The person below me will tell me whether I am the only one getting E-mails notifying me of the new replies to threads I've read or posted in.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 03:43:36 pm by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #1758 on: July 23, 2006, 01:56:23 pm »
I don't really know if you're the only one who get email notifications. I see how it works, now. If I hit the "notify" button, then BetterMost will keep track of that thread and let me know when a new reply is posted. I forgot that this is a feature. It's very useful. I haven't used it. Did you by any chance or accident, turned off the notification?

the person below me sleeps in on Sunday.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #1759 on: July 23, 2006, 05:13:23 pm »
Yep! I always sleep in on Sundays, but now I will get to sleep in all days of the week cause I am on school holidays for 6 weeks. Sunday is normally me homework day and it feels so weird not having any.

The person below me's favourite Beatles song is "Day Tripper" ;D (even if it is for the "She's a malteser" line)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.