Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1047043 times)

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #400 on: June 07, 2006, 12:23:27 am »
No I have never cared for a dying person, but I enjoy the chance to visit dying friends.  I think it is part of life.  Recently my aunt died quickly of cancer.  I visited her and was shocked that her eyes wre so piercing, but then I realized her face was paralyzed and all that moved was her eyes.  I could see her in there and I talked to her.  Other visitors talked around her, but I talked to her.  One afternoon I said something funny and a bit brazen to her, and her daughter in law laughed and said would you like to thow this facecloth at him.  Her arm pivoted on the elbow, and she raised her hand.  and I knew she enjoyed my flippant remark and threw a facecloth at me.  She passed the next morinig, and I am sure I am the last one that she communicated with.  I think dealing with the visitors can be harder than dealing with the dying person.  I miss my aunt, but her time had come.

The person below me took some time today to actually smell a flower.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #401 on: June 07, 2006, 03:02:39 am »
strangely enough, I did. I have an orchid plant, and i smelled its flowers. They didn't smell like anything.  :(

the person below me sings in the shower.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #402 on: June 07, 2006, 03:11:53 am »
Yes, especially when I'm the driver...  ;D 

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA I love you ya fool!

the person below me sings in the shower.

'fraid so!

The person below me has full voice conversations with themselves.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 03:14:29 am by Ray »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #403 on: June 07, 2006, 07:51:45 am »
Shhhhhhhhhhh- don't tell anyone...

The person below me is transported completely by the right song at the right time.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #404 on: June 07, 2006, 08:22:29 am »
Regularly.  It's a wonder I can drive anywhere without causing a wreck.

The person below me sings along to the car stereo and doesn't care if anyone else notices.
No more beans!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #405 on: June 07, 2006, 08:39:36 am »
Oh my, yes!!!  I think that's why I miss driving so much (now that I live in the city) - not nearly as much time to drive and listen to music and sing.  And I like the music loud enough to drown out my vvoice completely, just as a courtesy to others.

The person below me knows a secret they will never reveal to anyone.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #406 on: June 07, 2006, 08:51:39 am »
True.  Hell.  I got shit I ain't even told myself yet.  ;)

The person below me has been denied security clearance when applying for a job at an intelligence agency.

(And, ahem, that's completely hypothetical.  I wouldn't know...   ::))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 09:29:23 am by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #407 on: June 07, 2006, 09:31:21 am »
False.  I was denied a job once because I flunked a lie detector test.  The great irony is that I answered every question totally honestly, which was probably not that good of an idea.  I was so glad not to get that job.  I would never fit in a place with that level of suspicion anyway.

The person below me puts bumper stickers on their car.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #408 on: June 07, 2006, 11:53:22 am »
True. I never used to, but started by putting a pride sticker; now it's the HRC (Human Rights Campaign) equality sticker.  Happy pride month, y'all.
Now, I just got a BBM in an oval euro-style bumper sticker ordered by a fellow Brokie here at BetterMost. Only those in the know will know.
BTW, I recently saw a bumper sticker that said "Ennis and Jack Live" and made me smile. :)

The person below me has regrets over a lost love.

Offline ThePirateBride

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #409 on: June 07, 2006, 12:35:40 pm »
Lost as in dead, yes.   :'(

The person below me does their dusting frequently.    :D
Now bring me that horizon.♥We have our heading.