Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1056634 times)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #1800 on: July 26, 2006, 09:50:14 am »
True!

That would be with Ruediger.  I love him because he is affectionate, funny, smart, silly in just the right ways, curious, and did I mention sexy and cute as a button in a masculine, strong-featured way?

But that's not "how I fell in love" with him.  I don't know how.  We talked at a wedding; I babbled; he listened; he rolled his eyes and made me nervous; I babbled some more and thought "Oh my God, I'm babbling."  One of the things that impresses me daily about him is his facility and creativity with English, which is not his native tongue.  How can this be?  He whips out funny substitute names for things when he can't quite remember the name, for example "crepe myrtle" (the tree) once became "crap maple."  And the tv show "Crossing Jordan" became "Chasing Gordon."  Oh man, I love him.

The person below me believes dreams are a great way of working out the subconscious tension of monogamy.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1801 on: July 26, 2006, 10:05:12 am »
Subconscious tension?  What about the conscious tension?  I find daydreaming/fantasizing helps relieve that quite a bit, too.  I know I'm only serving to self-medicate, but dammit, it's so much fun.

The person below me has an Excedrin headache.
No more beans!

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #1802 on: July 26, 2006, 11:16:37 am »
No, I don't really get headaches, and when I do, they're not too bad.

The person below me is sad and worried about Chris (mod of Chez Tremblay).  :'(

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1803 on: July 26, 2006, 11:17:24 am »
Yes, I am very concerned about Chris.  C'mon boy!

(btw Barb, have we talked about a possible correlation between sleep distubances, like night-terrors and narcolepsy, with migraine headaches?  Do you get migraines?)

The person below me has invented animals in her/his dreams.  For example, the Delta Cat.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 11:22:13 am by thierryhenrypie »

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #1804 on: July 26, 2006, 11:40:59 am »
I usually never remember my dreams, so I don't know if I have invented animals while dreaming. I did invent a new hotel concept though. If only I could remember all the details.

btw, Sarah, thank you for sharing your story about Ruediger. "Crap maple" lol. He sounds like such a cute and fun guy to be around.

the person below me still keeps a memento of their high school prom (or non-American equivalent).
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1805 on: July 26, 2006, 11:46:59 am »
True.  I still have one prom picture from my high school boyfriend's junior prom and senior ball, as it was called in our school.  And he was the only one who really knew me at all.  Ah, first love.

Sarah - yes, I do have migraine headaches, but not severe enough to require prescription medication.  I get a kinder, gentler version of those.  But they do affect my vision - things do take on an "aura" right before I get one.  The vision disturbance is more unsettling than the headache itself, usually, so I'm lucky there.  And yes, I've read of a correlation between those and night terrors.  Makes perfect sense, really.  Sadly, Will woke up last night screaming at about 1:00 a.m. and was inconsolable for about a half hour.  Man, I hope he hasn't inherited all that from me, but I worry he probably has.   :'(

The person below me appreciates his or her relative good health today more than usual in light of what we've learned about our dear Chris.
No more beans!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1806 on: July 26, 2006, 01:48:09 pm »
Oh my goodness yes, I am grateful every day that I can get up and walk, and especially in light of Chris's dire situation.

(Barb-- my mom is a full-strength narcoleptic and full-strength migraine-haver, and I inherited little innocent baby versions of both -- so there's a good shot for Will, I should think.)

The person below me loves the book Mr. Rabbit and the Lovely Present by Charlotte Zolotow and Maurice Sendak.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #1807 on: July 26, 2006, 02:13:28 pm »
TRUE!!! Maurice Sendak is one of my heroes. He's is one of the people who inspired me to go into design and illustration. My style is nothing like his, but my imagination is free to go where they may because of his.

the person below me has a favorite Children's book store that they visit every so often. (you have to check out Storyopolis if you ever find yourself in LA)
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1808 on: July 26, 2006, 03:46:09 pm »
No, I don't have a favorite children's bookstore, but I do go every so often to the children's department of the Enoch Pratt Free Library in Baltimore -- the main library downtown.  It's a magnificent 1930 building, and the children's department has a marble goldfish pond at one end and a fireplace at the other.

The person below me has recently seen a nest of baby birds.

Offline Snowflakes

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #1809 on: July 26, 2006, 04:25:47 pm »
True!  It sounds like spring out here on my lanai! 8)

The person below me has read "The Cheerleader" trilogy. ;)
Those who are tardy do not get fruit cup.