Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1047438 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #1990 on: August 19, 2006, 02:13:45 am »
The person below me has a transition of some kind coming up soon.

"Do I have to?" I whine.  :)   Actually, I pick the transition that will be happening this weekend when Sarah henrypie and her husband come stay with us.  Sarah and I were roommates at AnglessFest in Santa Monica.

The person below me read Steve Martin's novella "The Pleasure of My Company," and looks forward to it being made into a movie.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1991 on: August 21, 2006, 09:28:48 pm »
No I havent read it, but i like most of Steve Martin's movies, so will look forward to another movie coming out.

the person below me, is wondering why no one is responding to this thread lately.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #1992 on: August 22, 2006, 02:31:06 am »
Yes, I am.  Slow all over...

The person below me has noticed a little change in the leaves lately, early announcement of the next season.  (And which season is it, which hemisphere do you live in?)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1993 on: August 22, 2006, 04:20:54 am »
Yes indeed. Two days ago my husband mowed our lawn and I noticed how many leaves have already fallen from our cherry tree.
So it's not hard to guess I live in the northern hemisphere and next season will be - surprise, surprise  ;) - autumn.

The person below me has trained his pet a special trick/gimmick.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #1994 on: August 22, 2006, 07:30:08 am »
Yes we have an Alexandrine Parrot, and we are teaching him to talk and various whistles.....He says various things all ready, like "whatcha doin","are you talkin to me","hello charlie"....and can also wolf whistle, and also copies a lot of the sounds of the native birds.

The person below me loves chocolate, and what flavour?

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #1995 on: August 22, 2006, 09:18:27 am »
Hell yeah! Choc-a-holic almost as much as a Broke-a-holic! When I was born "Show me Heaven" was number one in the UK and later it was used on a chocolate advert and my mum always says it was meant to be for me to love chocolate!  ;D

The person below me loves general knowledge quizes!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #1996 on: August 22, 2006, 09:24:25 am »
I wouldn't say I "love" them but I don't mind them.  When I was a kid I never understood what general knowledge was & how you learnt it.  I thought maybe it was a subject at school!

The person below me has an item of clothing they attach special significance to.
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #1997 on: August 22, 2006, 11:46:46 am »
Hope I understand you right here  :)
I have some clothes which I don't wear anymore, but I don't give them away because they mean something to me: I still have a denim jacket my husband gave to me as a birthday gift, maybe 18 (or so) years ago. I don't remember which year it was, but I remember the day very gladly. My husband made this day and this present very special for me. And so I keep the jacket, although I will never again fit in it.

I also keep a jacket with military look I wore as a teenager. I loved it because my parents hated it like hell. They thought it was "not fitting for a girl". I should have worn something more stylish, more nicely  - and so I loved this military jacket. Don't know why I still keep it, my father being long dead and my mother having dementia. No need to keep it anymore, my rebellious teenager daughter years long gone. Maybe that's why.

And I keep the sweatshirt my husband wore the night our first child was born. I will always remember how I pulled and tore on this shirt, it's a wonder it wasn't ripped apart  :).

The person below me is a sucker for sunglasses.

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1998 on: August 23, 2006, 04:43:42 pm »
Oh yeah.  Must have 20 pair.

The person below me secrety (or not so) watches Oprah everyday.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Katie77

« Reply #1999 on: August 23, 2006, 09:06:41 pm »
I dont secretly watch her, I enjoy her show.....Not keen on the room and people makeover ones, but some of the "in depth" stories I have found very amazing and interesting.......

Is there something going on over there in the U.S. against Oprah?....I thought she was very popular over there.....Can someone tell me what the stigma is about watching Oprah?

the person below me secretly watches soap operas on tv........