Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1047517 times)

Offline ekeby

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #2000 on: August 23, 2006, 11:48:10 pm »
Is there something going on over there in the U.S. against Oprah?....I thought she was very popular over there.....Can someone tell me what the stigma is about watching Oprah?

the person below me secretly watches soap operas on tv........

Oprah. Ah. Well. Oprah is Oprah. We have a love hate relationship with her. She's fabulous, but she's Oprah. It's hard to explain. There's a line in Adam and Steve that sums it up: "Oprah has made it impossible for me to have a long term relationship with anyone but Oprah."

Yeah, I'll everyonce in a while watch Dynasty when it shows up on the Soap network. And I dip into the telenovellas every once in a while--but I'm not addicted or a regular viewer of any soaps. Unless you count Desperate Housewives.

The person below me is listening to a thunder storm right now, like I am . . .
I complain too much. That teacher don't like me. Now it's your turn.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2001 on: August 23, 2006, 11:58:36 pm »
Oh I wish, we certainly need some rain over here in Australia....but it is the last month of winter here, so hopefully we will be listening to thunderstorms in a few months time  too.....

Thank you for the info on Oprah.....is it what we call in Australia "the tall poppy syndrome", where someone gets so big, that people like to pull them back down?....

And by the way, I would consider Desperate Housewives a soap....but what the hell, if you enjoy it, watch it.....We have been getting adverts of the forthcoming tv novellas on our pay tv (cable), I assume they are short stories made into short movie type shows, are they?

And by the way, dont feel funny about Desperate Housewives or Dynasty....I turn the tv on at 4.30 every afternoon and watch "Bold and the Beautiful"...(for some dramatic, true to life stories... ;)  )

the person below me loves the smell of the rain when it hits the dust.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #2002 on: August 24, 2006, 12:32:31 am »
I'm not sure I know what rain hitting dust smells like, but I do love the smell of rain in general.

The person below me likes the room to be a little chilly when they sleep, so they can put on a blanket.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2003 on: August 24, 2006, 09:39:34 am »
Give me a shower any day, and every day......baths take too long to fill up to a depth that is comfortable.......

the person below me has met someone in person, whom they met here on the board.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ekeby

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2004 on: August 24, 2006, 10:33:00 am »
Thank you for the info on Oprah.....is it what we call in Australia "the tall poppy syndrome", where someone gets so big, that people like to pull them back down?....

We have been getting adverts of the forthcoming tv novellas on our pay tv (cable), I assume they are short stories made into short movie type shows, are they?

tall poppy syndrome kind of explains it, but really, Oprah is so much in a category by herself (kind of like Bill Gates) it doesn't tell the whole story. Maybe it's impossible to explain to a non-American. Part of it has to do with her do-gooderism, which is completely admirable, but then you have the things like when she gives everyone in the audience a new car. It's VERY American . . . .

A telenovella is a Spanish-language soap opera. Most of us in the US have at least one Spanish-language television station on their cable network. My satellite system offers several. Telenovellas are wonderfully cheesy and WAY over the top . . . (it helps to speak Spanish, of course)

No, haven't met anyone on this board in person; I hope I do some day.

The person after me has made no plans for the week end . . . .
I complain too much. That teacher don't like me. Now it's your turn.

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #2005 on: August 24, 2006, 12:41:14 pm »
Well, I have ideas & unless I get a wriggle on tonight they will just stay ideas & not plans. Usually I plan stuff months ahead but since getting Brokeback-ed all planning has gone out the window  ::)

The person below me has lived in a country different to where they were born
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

moremojo

« Reply #2006 on: August 24, 2006, 04:48:47 pm »
the person below me has met someone in person, whom they met here on the board.
Katie, didn't want you to lose your place in the sequence, so let me respond here with an emphatic yes. I've had the pleasure of meeting three of my fellow BetterMostians in person, after first having communications with one of them on the board. I've meet sfericsf, ptannen, and ohiomyown, all charming folks who are wonderful assets to BetterMost and the Brokeback community at large.

I will leave nic's next "person below me" question in place...

EDIT: Oops, my bad...sorry I didn't see your reply at first, ekeby. I AM confused today...must be that 100-degree plus temperatures here. Forgive the interruption.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 06:41:31 pm by moremojo »

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #2007 on: August 24, 2006, 05:43:24 pm »
The person below me has lived in a country different to where they were born

No, but I really want to. I'm a college student who is undecided about everything except the fact that I want to travel. Study abroad for at least a semester would be good, but I'd also like to live in another country after graduation.

The person below me is easily entertained, and happy to be so.

moremojo

« Reply #2008 on: August 24, 2006, 06:09:06 pm »
Yes, and yes! I feel truly blessed to be happy with so many of the simple things in life--beautiful sunsets, a soft spring breeze, the crisp, somehow ancient nip of autumn air. My idea of the perfect date is sitting before a good movie on TV, popcorn bowl on the coffee table, and my date's hand in mine on the soft, cozy sofa. I'm a man of simple tastes, to be sure, but it's all good!

The person below me knows what their heart's desire is, and is determined to acquire it during their lifetime.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #2009 on: August 25, 2006, 05:33:12 am »
only half true. I know exactly what my heart desires, but I'm not sure it's in reach. I'm still trying to figure out what to do.

the person below me is glad to be home.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.